The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   If you have this setup, I have a question for you! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=807398)

Steve Cole 06-06-2020 08:56 AM

If you have this setup, I have a question for you!

For my swap, I moved the battery to the drivers side, and I am using a radiator with the inlet and outlet on the passenger side. It is a 2005 LM7 truck motor, with the truck style water pump.
Here is my problem: my top radiator hose is in a direct collision path with the air intake tube since it runs to the passenger side. I am currently using the stock intake tube from the Silverado donor truck for mockup but I want to replace this with a Airaid or a k&N tube. I am not happy with my choice of radiator hose either so he is my question:

For those running a similar setup, what radiator hose are you using? Do have a pic to share?

Many thanks!!!

thehata1 06-06-2020 02:23 PM

Re: If you have this setup, I have a question for you!

So, I do not have the same radiator setup. I used the stock radiator from my 72 with the top hose on the driver side, which allows me to use the stock Silverado hose. But, I did move the battery to the driver side, as well. Have you considered this option?

flashed 06-06-2020 11:00 PM

How did you guys move the battery tray to the drivers side ?

Steve Cole 06-07-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehata1 (Post 8752939)
So, I do not have the same radiator setup. I used the stock radiator from my 72 with the top hose on the driver side, which allows me to use the stock Silverado hose. But, I did move the battery to the driver side, as well. Have you considered this option?

Well, I already have the radiator and cooling fans so if I can just replace hose instead of the radiator, I am gonna go with that.

Flashed, I used an Auxiliary battery tray, it is made for the drivers side. There are a few vendors that carry them. I will PM you my phone number so You can send a pic of your buddy buckets!

TrybalRage 06-07-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8753166)
How did you guys move the battery tray to the drivers side ?

I just got done converting mine, cause I’m cheap and couldn’t bring myself to spend $60-80 on some stamped metal.

I drilled the spot welds out that hold the leg portion to the tray. Then took some flat stock and bent the end of it and drilled a hole. Welded it to the bottom of the tray after lining it up where I wanted it. Drilled a new hole in the truck for the leg (it’s dimpled where the auxiliary tray bolts would go) and bought 3/8 stainless bolts, nuts and lock washers from Lowe’s since there are no welded nuts on that side to use the factory hardware.

I’m the worst welder alive but it seems solid and the ugly parts are underneath anyway.

flashed 06-07-2020 11:06 AM

I have the auxiliary battery tray already , just cant figure out how it mounts unless Im missing something .

Steve Cole 06-07-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8753381)
I have the auxiliary battery tray already , just cant figure out how it mounts unless Im missing something .

You have to drill your own mounting holes and use bolts/nuts to mount it.

70c10resto 06-07-2020 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used a spectra air intake kit for a 99-07 silverado. It’s close to the upper hose but it’s not quite touching. I braced it off the inner fender to keep it from moving up/down. I’ll have to get the part numbers for you.

For the auxiliary tray i believe the bottom bolt hole on the left side Has a cutout where the horn bracket passes through as a guide to where your holes need to be drilled.

Steve Cole 06-07-2020 05:59 PM

Thanks 70c10, what upper radiator hose are you running? Do you have a pic of it installed?

prodjay10 06-07-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Cole (Post 8753604)
Thanks 70c10, what upper radiator hose are you running? Do you have a pic of it installed?

$50 intake from eBay. Ran to passenger side behind battery.
Posted via Mobile Device