The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What color is this 67 C10 seat? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=634331)

tll74 06-30-2014 04:55 PM

What color is this 67 C10 seat?

5 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to figure out what color this seat is so I can get a new covers. Is it Aqua or metallic green? Those seem to be the two choices that the after market companies offer. It is out of a 67 C10 base model truck. The interior color is light green metallic and the outside is the same as the doors in the pics. Pics courtesy of GCncsuHD. Thanks in advance for any help, Tom

Fldawg 06-30-2014 05:26 PM

Re: What color is this 67 C10 seat?

It is Turqouise

hamjet 06-30-2014 05:57 PM

light green? truck doors appear to be light green...

A.Bursell 07-01-2014 06:50 PM

I'm going through the same thing with my '67, same colors in and out except mine has the Custom interior, so slightly different seat but same color.

I have not had much luck with matching it up. I got samples from The Filling Station and it was almost an exact match for Aqua. I ordered the cover and after a month when I called to check status they told me it was discontinued. I see that GMCPauls also has the same color selection but no samples available. I went ahead and ordered Aqua again-- taking a chance-- but it will be about 8 weeks before I see anything they tell me.

Short answer-- I think it is called Aqua in the aftermarket.

Adam

68Gold/white 07-01-2014 07:46 PM

I had a 67 Bel Air w/ similar interior, exterior was close, paint name was emerald turquoise...

60-66 07-02-2014 10:06 AM

Had the same seat in my 67, the spid just says green.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...0BED/031-1.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...%20BED/060.jpg

tll74 07-02-2014 11:15 AM

I spoke yesterday with John at Brothers which bought this seat (the one in the pics) from member GCncsuHD. He bought it with hopes to find a source to reproduce it. He says that the color and material is available but no luck on the ability to reproduce the pattern. He says that the color is Aqua. They offer a cover for the 67-68 seat in Aqua but it is a little off in color. That might be the way I go...

sboris 07-02-2014 12:09 PM

I started with the same seat. Ended up taking to my apolstery guy and got a close match. It might be a touch brighter, but nice. I wanted the factory pattern as well, but like others no luck.

Chvy2NV 07-02-2014 01:16 PM

Subd..

BluTrukker 07-02-2014 03:39 PM

Same issue here. My 68 has the same color interior with the light green exterior. Nobody seems to have a replacement that is the original color or pattern. I think I am going to have Truckseats do a custom one for me.

special-K 07-03-2014 10:00 PM

That aqua was a common '60s automotive fabric color across the board in the '60s ('50s,too). I'd imagine SMS could come up with an alternative pattern from some other model. When it comes to reproduction trim,for the most part it's the upper level stuff that gets reproduced and the standard stuff is overlooked.

tim_mc 06-19-2019 09:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For anyone looking for light green/aqua seat alternatives, I had my local upholstery shop sew up a seat cover in Naugahyde Phoenix Dusty Jade (PH46), which I think matches the original seat color the best. The original seat didn't have any cording, so we kept it plain. While we couldn't simulate the fine heat-rolled pattern, the vertical stitches and center panel captures the basic farm truck look. Samples can be requested from Naugahyde direct.
https://www.naugahyde.com/catalog/pa...cfm?iteID=4134

I also chose to go with 3-point seat belts and center lap belt in Turquoise from Seatbeltplanet.com, which is the closest I could get to the seat color and the turquoise steering wheel.

The carpet will likely be ACC 80-20 loop in Turquoise/Aqua (#508) from Stock Interiors. I'll order carpet after welding in the RH cab corner, outer rocker, kickpanel and front pillar/fender mount, hopefully in a few weeks.

Looking forward to getting it assembled this summer.

~Tim

Getter-Done 06-19-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_mc (Post 8545286)
For anyone looking for light green/aqua seat alternatives, I had my local upholstery shop sew up a seat cover in Naugahyde Phoenix Dusty Jade (PH46), which I think matches the original seat color the best. The original seat didn't have any cording, so we kept it plain. While we couldn't simulate the fine heat-rolled pattern, the vertical stitches and center panel captures the basic farm truck look. Samples can be requested from Naugahyde direct.

I also chose to go with 3-point seat belts and center lap belt in Turquoise from Seatbeltplanet.com, which is the closest I could get to the seat color and the turquoise steering wheel.

The carpet will likely be ACC 80-20 loop in Turquoise/Aqua (#508) from Stock Interiors. I'll order carpet after welding in the RH cab corner, outer rocker, kickpanel and front pillar/fender mount, hopefully in a few weeks.

~Tim

Thanks for the info.
And Pictures.:metal:

ThreeQuarter 06-20-2019 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SMS Auto Fabrics says they can get the exact materials for my Custom seat, but those materials would be a little different than the base seat you have. They matched the color very well.

tim_mc 06-21-2019 08:23 AM

That's going to be a sharp looking seat. Did SMS give any stock or part numbers with those samples? It's too late for me, but that B sample would probably be a good match. My Naugahyde vinyl color is close, but it's not metallic like the original material is.

ThreeQuarter 06-21-2019 10:16 AM

They don’t give any part/stock numbers, they only give me this sheet and refer to the samples as A, B, and C. If I call them to order something, they have to look up my quote sheet to find what product I’m referring to. I think they do this so they don’t have to reveal the supplier and stock number.

ThreeQuarter 06-21-2019 10:22 AM

Tim, I’m glad you posted the pics with the turquoise seatbelts. I have never trusted the seatbelt companies’ online color samples because the color accuracy depends on so many things, and my idea of turquoise is much blue-er than my light green pickup. But your post makes me think it could work. Think I’ll see if I can get a sample of the webbing.

HO455 06-21-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_mc (Post 8545286)

~Tim

Good post and welcome aboard! As I near the upholstery stage this is good and timely information. That Dusty Jade looks to be a good choice to go with my not quite factory green.
On your seat belts did they come with the clasps painted and do they have retractors? I got ones for mine with what looks to be the same webbing, but different clasps several years ago. At the time it was all I could find in the turquoise color.

tim_mc 06-29-2019 05:48 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, these seat belts have retractors. I'll try to remember to look at the seat belts tomorrow and possibly take a pic or two of the whole assembly. I believe the shoulder anchor bolt cover and retractor cover are black plastic, so they could be painted. Mine have the retractor brackets set up for no fuel tank.

irl104 06-29-2019 09:06 PM

I got new seat belt material from Seat Belts Plus. They make different weave patterns for different years. Worth checking into for your color you are wanting.

New buckles and tags from In Line Tube.

The seat material is NOS from N.O.S. Automotive Fabric in Columbus, Michigan. It is the original material and exact pattern for my 1968. Tony and I talked on the phone and sent emails back and forth. He sent me pictures of the materials and advised me of measurements that I would need. I highly recommend them if your going back to original.