The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Heat Stroke's (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=586087)

PAWS 72 06-24-2013 12:56 AM

Heat Stroke's

Last Wednesday afternoon I thought I was ok when I was replacing a window on the house. I think back a while and noticed I had drank a little more than usual. After getting that one window in I get ready to go get some more windows and I got real sick. The further into the nite it got the sicker I got.

Well the wife talks me into going to the hospital thinking I might be in trouble again.I did have a mild heat stroke but I was having trouble seeing correctly.The sight is getting better I thought. We went to the cruise inn and everything was fine and then got up this morning and things are a little fuzzy today. I'm having trouble typing now.Maybe it will get better in a few days as I know this isnt normal with a heat stroke.

SO GUYS PLEASE BE CAREFUL THIS SUMMER with the heat.

rusty76 06-24-2013 08:19 AM

Re: Heat Stroke's

Hey man you be careful. The heat is nothing to take lightly. Make sure you go to the doc. Keep an eye on this. I work in construction and spend right much time it seems in the summer in attics. It gets hot before you know it. Be careful man. Let us know how things work out.

cdowns 06-24-2013 09:06 AM

being retired i look to do all my heay type work between 6-11AM then i tend to stay in the AC weather shop or tv will do a bit more from like 5-8pm outside if necessary

lots of fuit and water help protect my health// a little work and lots of breathers in the shade

i actually saw a product advertised this week on tv// a space age type of towel that somehow by snapping it causaes a cooling effect?? available at lowes?? next time i go there i am going to look it up and see

Rufton 06-24-2013 09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure the right answer is to get checked out by doctor ASAP.
Take care.

alsriv2 06-24-2013 11:16 AM

Strokes or the possibility of a stroke is nothing to wait around for. Please go get checked out quickly. If a person has a stroke, the damaging permanent effects get worse the longer a person waits to be seen/evaluated by a medical professional.

Ron 586 06-24-2013 04:52 PM

Well Paws 72, have done what you were advised to do or like me put it off until it's too late. I want to meet you before one of us cashes in on our game of life. So be careful, I am.

PAWS 72 06-25-2013 04:30 AM

Update tomorrow.can't hardly see the phone to well.critic care unit again. Can't sleep
Posted via Mobile Device

rusty76 06-25-2013 06:54 AM

We'll be praying for ya.

kingsolver72 06-25-2013 06:09 PM

Prayers Paws 72.
Posted via Mobile Device

JHT67 06-25-2013 09:14 PM

Prayers for ya man, hope things get better for you quickly.

PAWS 72 06-26-2013 01:19 AM

Thanks for all the prayers guys. I appreicate it. Came home this afternoon after being admitted again. It was heat related. They got concerned after me not seeing to well.Also got another round of fluid again. The ole ticker is fine.

We're going to take it easy for a few days too.

Rufton 06-26-2013 08:38 AM

Good news:)

alsriv2 06-26-2013 09:08 AM

That is good news. Dehydration plays mean games with the bodies functionality. One of the many lessons we learned early on in Iraq was hydration and how to recognize when we were not getting enough fluids. I sound like a broken record to my wife, but after hounding her to drink lots of fluids, she is amazed at how well she feels and how things start to work normally again, but then the cycle repeats and I have to hound her again.

I am glad to hear you are doing better. Take care of yourself.

kingsolver72 06-26-2013 07:32 PM

Glad you're ok.
Posted via Mobile Device