The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   72 parking brake levers HELP PLEASE (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=832940)

gagraphics 04-04-2022 10:55 PM

72 parking brake levers HELP PLEASE

Previous owner deleted the parking brake and the levers are not there. I can’t find any site that sells them! I’ve looked through many threads here to no help. Any one know where I can find some?
Posted via Mobile Device

1968k20 04-04-2022 10:58 PM

Re: 72 parking brake levers HELP PLEASE

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagraphics (Post 9061600)
Previous owner deleted the parking brake and the levers are not there. I can’t find any site that sells them! I’ve looked through many threads here to no help. Any one know where I can find some?
Posted via Mobile Device

You can find them here. Post a WTB ad in the 67/72 truck parts forum.

Accelo 04-05-2022 12:10 AM

You mean the foot control? Or the cables and rods under the truck?

LockDoc 04-05-2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1968k20 (Post 9061606)
You can find them here. Post a WTB ad in the 67/72 truck parts forum.

Please don't recommend that non-Premium members post WTB ads. If he sees one for sale in the classifieds he can buy it but he can't post a WTB. In fact the classified forums won't even allow Non-Premium (Pink username) members to post ads.....

That has been a rule since 2005.

Subscription information:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Thanks,
LockDoc, Moderator
-

LockDoc 04-05-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagraphics (Post 9061600)
Posted via Mobile Device

If you can't find a foot pedal local to you so you can save on the shipping I have one I will give you if you want to pay the shipping on it.

LockDoc

gagraphics 04-05-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9061891)
If you can't find a foot pedal local to you so you can save on the shipping I have one I will give you if you want to pay the shipping on it.

LockDoc

Thank you, the part i am looking for is the lever inside the rear brake drums that the parking brake cable attaches to. I will be subscribing, so Ill post in classifieds when thats done.

LockDoc 04-05-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagraphics (Post 9062021)
Thank you, the part i am looking for is the lever inside the rear brake drums that the parking brake cable attaches to. I will be subscribing, so Ill post in classifieds when thats done.

-
No problem. That is why it is always a good idea to be as specific as you can when posting for help....

LockDoc

toolboxchev 04-06-2022 01:12 AM

Even as my restoration is stall I love seeing the honesty and sincere, genuine assistance and helpfulness of one of the greatest members on here.

Here's to all that believe and build! Thanks LocDoc for being that individual that shows us the world is still a good place!

gagraphics 04-06-2022 08:45 AM

I agree... I have already seen tons of help from many individuals here! Really is a great group, and I hope to be such a contributing member in the future!

LockDoc 04-06-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toolboxchev (Post 9062296)
Even as my restoration is stall I love seeing the honesty and sincere, genuine assistance and helpfulness of one of the greatest members on here.

Here's to all that believe and build! Thanks LocDoc for being that individual that shows us the world is still a good place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagraphics (Post 9062353)
I agree... I have already seen tons of help from many individuals here! Really is a great group, and I hope to be such a contributing member in the future!

Thanks guys but there are a lot of guys (and gals) on here that have helped out other members with freebies. I have been on the receiving end of a few myself. Just last week member "pjmoreland" sent me a cruise control turn signal lever because I posted that I was going to have to go to the salvage yard and look for one. He has helped other people with parts and information on the board too. This is a great resource, with many members that go out of their way to help others.

LockDoc