The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   new GM logo (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=816666)

69Tom 01-08-2021 06:16 PM

new GM logo

1 Attachment(s)
That's terrible.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/cars/...ogo/index.html

Greg58 01-08-2021 06:54 PM

Re: new GM logo

I'm afraid GM is leaving me!
The only thing they make that appeals to me is the Corvette, and possibly a 3500 Duramax.

Ol Blue K20 01-08-2021 07:08 PM

Whaat? Why?

VictoriaHardware 01-08-2021 07:17 PM

Oh I don't know. Already I have forgotten all of the "bad things" and this instantly wipes clean all of the past. Nothing but clean skies ahead! I think we should ALL be driving nothing but electric cars (around our neighborhood). Yep, this new logo makes the world a better place. Kudos again Mary Barra.

truckster 01-08-2021 08:06 PM

I'm laughing my head off. Do they think that will help them sell cars to the young folks?

After an informal poll of my family, young and old alike thought it was a joke.

1976gmc20 01-08-2021 08:07 PM

Where's the rainbow ???

:lol:

richard2717 01-08-2021 08:36 PM

:mm:That will go good with that new Blazer:crazy::puke:

DeadheadNM 01-08-2021 08:38 PM

Sad. Could have held a dominant position in the EV industry. Anyone remember the Delco DRIVE 1 or the EV1?

My purchase of and experience with a 2019 Suburban was such that I doubt I’ll ever buy GM again. Adios.

Tom 01-08-2021 08:54 PM

Ummm yeah the base starting price of new cars and trucks is enough that I don't ever have to worry about buying new from any manufacturer so this is a non issue.

57taskforce 01-08-2021 08:56 PM

I saw where it’s speculated that the 6th Gen Camaro is going to live on a few more years with a rumored 7th Gen still coming, as Camaro fanboy I guess that’s ok news, the C8 is pretty cool but I wish they had kept a front engine model. Not much else good going for them. I really don’t care much for the new brand new trucks, suburbans or tahoes. I wouldn’t even consider one of the other suvs/crossovers. Piss on Mary Barra. She’s run it a lot further into the ground than it already was.

dmjlambert 01-08-2021 09:37 PM

Ogm!

ChevyRacefan 01-09-2021 06:30 AM

This is what we get when the image means more than the product.
marketing is king. humans are fools.

special-K 01-09-2021 06:49 AM

Is GM simply being honest? No longer the "Mark Of Excellence"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan (Post 8861144)
This is what we get when the image means more than the product.
marketing is king. humans are fools.

BINGO! Consumerists are follow the leader fools. Then there are those who don't follow.

"Look at the new logo. Ooooh, so moving forward/never look back. I love it. Can't you feel the magnetism? I NEED that logo on something I own NOW. And I hadn't even thought about buying until seeing it"

I've lost interest in what's new in all vehicles including GM for quite a few years. My only disappointment in this new logo is that it is a bit late. It would be nice to have the logo I identify with and the one I don't to coincide with the GM products I identify with and the ones I don't. Oh well, I guess there are some grey area vehicles I've liked in this century, up to this point.

Zippi 01-09-2021 08:49 AM

Looks like they have degraded the logo. If anything it should be more Bold and not down sized. Back in the day automakers use to put the most chrome they could out front so you knew what make of car or truck was coming at you as it came down the street. The GM logo is no longer making a statement. Wife and I were thinking about buying a new CMC Arcadia this year. Just don't know how that will look.

Warrens69GMC 01-09-2021 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Reminds me of

Corts60 01-09-2021 10:18 AM

Very sad indeed. All the big three I believe are too scared to venture from profits for the sake of a quality, good looking symbol of their engineers achievements. It's all tech now. Designed by computer nerds instead of car nerds.

As far as I'm concerned, GM products have declined ever since air bags came out. Maybe even before that. Maybe it was the day they introduced the NOVA compact. Haha. The quality of the materials gets worse every time I get in a new GM.

I'll stick to my classics. Thank you to all the old school engineers who built amazing trucks and cars back in the hey day of the automobile!

Boog 01-09-2021 11:09 AM

Clearly GM is not targeting us gray beards with this line of thinking. The 50 year old symbol with it’s bold squared up, sharp, capital letters represents a proud heritage, strong automaker, and industry leader. Unlike this new design of soft cornered, lower caps that looks totally laid back and weak.
Times are changing.

72bowtiestepper 01-09-2021 11:18 AM

Saw that on this mornings news...The small "m" is suppose to resemble a electric plug....Promoting GM's electric vehicles.....OH BOY !

BAD1916 01-09-2021 11:26 AM

It looks like a damn emoji.

ChevyRacefan 01-09-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8861149)
Is GM simply being honest? No longer the "Mark Of Excellence"?

[

When were they? As a whole. not JUST one "brand" within the company.
"g.m. Mark of excellence" was nothing more than marketing.

G.M. like it or not needs younger buyers. The people with old trucks or classic cars are driving korean ,jap, or german cars NOT g.m. produced cars.
So what most in the hobby think don't matter as you are not going to buy a new g.m. in the first place. And haven't in decades.
G.m. spent a few decades asking what those in the car hobby wanted, only to build it and ,crickets.

I remember very very well, people telling g.m. build a mid sized 2 door rear drive car. J.MOSS and skunk works built a mid 90's Monte Carlo on a Camaro floor pan. People cried build it build it, in early 2000's we got it, Only it was 10x better than what we begged for. Put a 2004-2006 pontiac GTO beside a mid 90's Chevy Monte Carlo. The GTO IS a production built J.Moss skunk works car everyone pleaded g.m. to build. it got here, and crickets,
SSR
G8
454ss TRUCK
EARLY 2000S ss TRUCK.
CHEVY CAPRICE (SS) 4 door powerhouse.
That is JUST the old school type.
forget the colbolt SS, the HHR SS/ the HHR panel. and the list goes on.
It I was g.m. I would cover my ears when anyone from the old car hobby speaks. They talk a good game till the product is available, then they are nowhere to be found.
What we think, say don't matter, As we have as a group, burnt them over and over and over and over again.
Those that are walking into a dealership and signing on a line and driving a new g.m.. THEIR opinion counts.
As they are putting their money where their mouth is.

special-K 01-09-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72bowtiestepper (Post 8861239)
Saw that on this mornings news...The small "m" is suppose to resemble a electric plug....Promoting GM's electric vehicles.....OH BOY !

Well, it fails on me. I didn't think electric plug when I saw it. And, I looked back after reading this and, nope sorry. Pretty far fetched if you ask me.

"Hey, where's the ground?" :lol:

1976gmc20 01-09-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8861149)

I've lost interest in what's new in all vehicles including GM for quite a few years. My only disappointment in this new logo is that it is a bit late. It would be nice to have the logo I identify with and the one I don't to coincide with the GM products I identify with and the ones I don't. Oh well, I guess there are some grey area vehicles I've liked in this century, up to this point.

I have to say that I like my 2016 K2500HD "work truck" :)

It has hand crank windows and a regular key that you have to use to unlock the door.

Though I would still prefer a brand new 1994 ;)

special-K 01-09-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8861260)
I have to say that I like my 2016 K2500HD "work truck" :)

It has hand crank windows and a regular key that you have to use to unlock the door.

Though I would still prefer a brand new 1994 ;)

Grey area :cool: Lost interest for me means interest far beyond being just a thing to drive. I'm saying I stopped paying any mind to what's new a long time ago. I'll always need something to drive and long as I need a truck it will likely be a GM. Who knows what year I might move up to before it's all over. I am pretty stuck on the 88-00s until a good one is hard to find or one at a reasonable price.

1976gmc20 01-09-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

I am pretty stuck on the 88-00s until a good one is hard to find or one at a reasonable price.
We seem to be pretty much there right now, at least if you want a certain configuration.

The 3/4 or 1 ton regular cab long beds are mostly all driven into the ground, at least out in this area.

DeadheadNM 01-09-2021 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GM marketing...