The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Patch panel (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=827738)

steveimpala 11-13-2021 02:03 AM

Patch panel

1 Attachment(s)
I pulled up the carpet on the '69 C20 and I found some rust that will need to be cut out and patched up. Seems to be a common location right below the high-low dimmer switch. What size gauge metal would you recommend for this location ?

Thanks !

LockDoc 11-13-2021 12:50 PM

Re: Patch panel

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveimpala (Post 8995064)
I pulled up the carpet on the '69 C20 and I found some rust that will need to be cut out and patched up. Seems to be a common location right below the high-low dimmer switch. What size gauge metal would you recommend for this location ?

Thanks !

I don't know a lot about sheet metal but that spot isn't too big so I would say 18 or 20 ga. should do it.

LockDoc

72c20customcamper 11-13-2021 01:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveimpala (Post 8995064)

Thanks !

It is relatively small as it sits but once you start cutting it will be much larger. I'll bet once you start cutting it will be well up into the firewall floor pan pinch weld . Mine was just a bit till I started working it . I made all the pieces by hand with 16 guage sheet metal . I wouldn't go higher than 18

See your in Wappingers falls I have a house in the Riverview area off of Channingville rd .

57taskforce 11-13-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8995215)
It is relatively small as it sits but once you start cutting it will be much larger. I'll bet once you start cutting it will be well up into the firewall floor pan pinch weld . Mine was just a bit till I started working it . I made all the pieces by hand with 16 guage sheet metal . I wouldn't go higher than 18

See your in Wappingers falls I have a house in the Riverview area off of Channingville rd .

That’s pretty nice work Mark. I did the same repairs on both sides to my K20 along the lower firewall pinch weld and all four floor supports, and inner/outer rockers. It’s a pain in the ass but not hard to do. I used actual patch panels though.

steveimpala 11-13-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8995215)

yes, been here since 1995..... born down in Cold Spring NY