The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post Your Craigslist Finds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=753860)

jocko 05-05-2017 06:23 PM

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave K. (Post 7935110)
Wouldn't touch it with that chopped up SPID and modded sheriff's plate.

Good catch on the SPID, I only glanced, thought it was painted over. Wow. Lotsa problems. Ok, well, maybe that price is a little too much higher than I thought originally even! Too bad, was a nice one at birth.

Killer Bee 05-05-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 7935170)
The only thing deterring me from buying that truck is the price. The silly sticker means nothing and the vin replacement is legitimate. I'm amazed at how many people think there is some kind of conspiracy when a truck isnt 100 % as it left the factory over 40 years ago :lol:

at 2-4 times the actual value [pending inspection] it sure's hell does! good luck finding future buyers as lenient as yerself..

I might be a buyer too for what it's actually worth, but something tells me that it won't actually sell for anything near that ;)

leddzepp 05-05-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 7935179)
at 2-4 times the actual value [pending inspection] it sure's hell does! good luck finding future buyers as lenient as yerself..

I might be a buyer too for what it's actually worth, but something tells me that it won't actually sell for anything near that ;)

It's a sticker and can be easily replicated if it's that important :lol:

jocko 05-05-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypressbog (Post 7934989)
They're out there. Looked at a solid hugger orange K20 with promo package "C" about 13 years ago.

This is taken from a post in the "Do you have a 1972 plaid truck", by SSTim.

But the fact is any Fleetside with Custom Deluxe trim C10-30 and K10-20 could be ordered with the Highlander trim upgrade. Most of the 4X4s are Blazers and you might want check out that thread too.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635033
Curiously 4X4 Suburbans were not offered with the Highlander option.

Hmm. I'd read a little further in that thread - seems to discuss a little more about how nobody has ever actually seen one that wasn't a C conversion or a seat add-on, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one K SPID in that whole long thread. I'd still love to see a SPID. I have seen several K's with the plaid added and a few C conversions, but I've never seen a K SPID w/plaid. The data book only calls out C's for the plaid trim, doesn't really call out C's or K's specifically for the package trucks. However, since you mentioned it was a package truck, I'm assuming you saw the SPID and it was an original K truck, not a CC VIN on a K chassis? That would be the first verified one I've ever heard of, would LOVE to see one like that. Anyone got a SPID to share of a K with plaid trim or package truck?

Mike's money pit 05-05-2017 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a hidden Highlander. This is a 1972 C20 big block on eBay right now. It has been restored as a K20. It is a great looking truck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252921434695

Mike's money pit 05-05-2017 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Exterior shot:

Ol Blue K20 05-05-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

The only thing deterring me from buying that truck is the price. The silly sticker means nothing and the vin replacement is legitimate. I'm amazed at how many people think there is some kind of conspiracy when a truck isnt 100 % as it left the factory over 40 years ago :lol:

I agree on the price.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7935177)
Good catch on the SPID, I only glanced, thought it was painted over. Wow. Lotsa problems. Ok, well, maybe that price is a little too much higher than I thought originally even! Too bad, was a nice one at birth.

I believe the CHP may have done that to the spid when they installed the vin. I had a square body that had a state assigned VIN. They destroyed the original VIN on it's spid.

52napco 05-05-2017 07:41 PM

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6118435572.html
Probably rusty on top but buckets tilt tach etc

Ol Blue K20 05-05-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 52napco (Post 7935217)

Oh man!! I want it!!!! But that would be a long drive with my trailer.

Dave K. 05-05-2017 10:25 PM

What I meant is to the true hard-core collector it's not ideal. So far there are a number of replaced parts, then you add a replicated SPID and a non-original VIN tag and so on and the list just grows. You're always explaining things and to many this will be a deterrent. Cool truck but all of that devalues it and your market shrinks.

Ol Blue K20 05-05-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave K. (Post 7935341)
What I meant is to the true hard-core collector it's not ideal. So far there are a number of replaced parts, then you add a replicated SPID and a non-original VIN tag and so on and the list just grows. You're always explaining things and to many this will be a deterrent. Cool truck but all of that devalues it and your market shrinks.

I agree the market shrinks. I was just pointing out it's a legal VIN and title

52napco 05-06-2017 06:42 AM

With the prices these trucks are bringing they will be scrutinized like a 1969 Z28. The original
Matching number unmolested trucks will bring the most money now and in the future. When
You are asking that much money it better be correct IMO.

abig84 05-06-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 7935222)
Oh man!! I want it!!!! But that would be a long drive with my trailer.

same here, if that was close i wouldnt think twice. theres nothing like that up here in the midwest for that price

hooverfish 05-06-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praisegeetarman (Post 7935129)
Yup..... Someone is not telling the whole story there....

I know the man who owns the truck with the replacement VIN, he is a friend of mine.
I can attest to his honesty and integrity, regardless of what you think of the truck.
He is also a board member on this site.

supercheyenne 05-06-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

The only thing deterring me from buying that truck is the price.

This is true for everyone... If he was asking $100 everyone in Kentucky would be looking at it as a parts truck.

I'm just saying.:)

praisegeetarman 05-06-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooverfish (Post 7935559)
I know the man who owns the truck with the replacement VIN, he is a friend of mine.
I can attest to his honesty and integrity, regardless of what you think of the truck.

My apologies. I was not necessarily directing that toward the present owner. Just an observation.

Keith

leddzepp 05-06-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooverfish (Post 7935559)

You should PM him and link this thread, so he can see what all the "experts" have to say about his truck.

Greg58 05-06-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 52napco (Post 7935217)

Somebody out west should jump on this bargain!

Greg

Ol Blue K20 05-06-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 7935657)
you should pm him and link this thread, so he can see what all the "experts" have to say about his truck.

x2

onebigjohn 05-06-2017 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice short bed....
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/6111225271.html

93calypsohatch 05-06-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebigjohn (Post 7935713)

I like that one

Heres a decent looking one

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/6119961388.html

atog 05-06-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

You should PM him and link this thread, so he can see what all the "experts" have to say about his truck.

X 3 unbelievable There are so many trucks out there that have been altered from their original condition from factory, that I would hate to put a number on them Isn't that what personalizes them to are liking?

68bowtie 05-06-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

i don't consider myself an "expert". but i consider myself fairly knowledgeable about these trucks. and in my "opinion" this truck is priced about 3x too high. unrestored 67-72 survivors have been known to fetch in the $20k range. but with a roof repaint, dents and dings, a little too much patina to be a "survivor", the lift kit with cheapo wheels/tires, and the theft issues (i believe the spid is original btw), this truck is far from that value. no offense to the seller, and i don't see anything unethical in his ad. just a very high price, which he is entitled to.

davischevy 05-06-2017 09:08 PM

Lets move on. The title of this thread is not "Post Your Opinion".

jocko 05-06-2017 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice C20 Custom Deluxe (not a Cheyenne Super as advertised, despite the interior woodgrain trim) with a replacement big block. Seller is correct that it's a Custom Camper, but it's missing the door emblems. One could easily revert it to Custom Deluxe status with the correct fender nameplates, and could/should add the door camper nameplates - I think this truck is a GREAT PRICE, especially if that's the Canadian $ price, but even if not, a pretty good deal I believe. The correct blue Custom Deluxe cloth interior would look great in here. https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/6119765109.html