The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone: Delco Pleasur-lift air shocks w POWER PAC compressor? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=559816)

davepl 12-21-2015 03:26 PM

Re: Anyone: Delco Pleasur-lift air shocks w POWER PAC compressor?

Wow, I really need one of these setups complete. I have the "shraeder fill" manual kind. Right now I have too much rake anyway, so haven't installed it yet.

BTW, on the topic of concealed carry and newly acquired firearms, I should throw this out there. I have three of them (non-fingerprint kind). Since a gun should be in a holster or a safe and never elsewhere, this makes it trivial:

http://www.gunvault.com/

DeadheadNM 12-22-2015 01:10 AM

I have a complete NOS Pleasur-lift set up (not what's pictured above, another w hoses, mount hardware, etc. complete) - my brother shows no interest in using it on his 66 GTO sadly. If interested, shoot me a PM.

kehstr 05-01-2020 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to revive a almost 5 year old thread, but I just got ahold of a gauge like you have pictured here, and want to set it up like Andy did.
My question. What line went where in the back of the gauge, and is the plug that is there suppose to be there? Just unsure how the gauge works

Andy4639 05-01-2020 10:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kehstr (Post 8730027)
Sorry to revive a almost 5 year old thread, but I just got ahold of a gauge like you have pictured here, and want to set it up like Andy did.
My question. What line went where in the back of the gauge, and is the plug that is there suppose to be there? Just unsure how the gauge works

Do you have the Vacuum pump also? One line is for the vacuum and the other is to go to the shocks.

I have this in the Ramp truck now hooked up to my air tank for pumping up tires and such. The fittings are the orignal's for it. I have a couple of extra's just in case one fails.
:chevy:

Andy4639 05-01-2020 10:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is how it looks now. I plugged the one inlet off since all this is a gauge for the air tank. I'm not using the vacuum pump.:chevy:

kehstr 05-02-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8730315)
Do you have the Vacuum pump also? One line is for the vacuum and the other is to go to the shocks.
:chevy:

After looking at your pictures I went right out to the garage and put air on the fitting on the gauge side. Gauge worked perfect! Pushed the center button, and the pressure bled off perfectly!

I plan to just use it as a gauge and do a momentary contact switch to an electric pump to air up my air helper springs just like you did earlier in the thread.

Where did you get a fitting to go into the back of the gauge?

I also am curious even though it is not relavent to me setting it up properly. How is the knob suppose to work? Is it suppose to allow more pressure the more you turn it??

Andy4639 05-02-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehstr (Post 8730432)
After looking at your pictures I went right out to the garage and put air on the fitting on the gauge side. Gauge worked perfect! Pushed the center button, and the pressure bled off perfectly!

I plan to just use it as a gauge and do a momentary contact switch to an electric pump to air up my air helper springs just like you did earlier in the thread.

Where did you get a fitting to go into the back of the gauge?

I also am curious even though it is not relavent to me setting it up properly. How is the knob suppose to work? Is it suppose to allow more pressure the more you turn it??

The knob is how you turned the Vacuum pump on when used. It didn't change pressure it was a ON/OFF only.:chevy:

kehstr 07-10-2020 04:42 PM

I appreciate your help Andy!
One final question.
Do you remember the part number for the fitting that holds the line in the back of the gauge? Or at least where you got it

Andy4639 07-10-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehstr (Post 8772228)
I appreciate your help Andy!
One final question.
Do you remember the part number for the fitting that holds the line in the back of the gauge? Or at least where you got it

Those fittings where what my dad had left over when he gave it to me. I got a few more from a member on here but ended up using all of them. I have no part numbers and not home to look. :chevy:

kehstr 07-10-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8772430)
Those fittings where what my dad had left over when he gave it to me. I got a few more from a member on here but ended up using all of them. I have no part numbers and not home to look. :chevy:

Okay I understand. If you do find a part number would you please post it here?

Andy4639 07-11-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehstr (Post 8772486)
Okay I understand. If you do find a part number would you please post it here?

Will do sir! :chevy: