The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone buy the LMC Truck In-cab tank recently? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=779120)

Electrix 01-07-2019 06:00 PM

Anyone buy the LMC Truck In-cab tank recently?

LMC Truck catalog says that their in-cab tank has a 1/4 NPT bung that can be used as an EFI return line.

If anyone has this tank could you post a pic of it and the return bung location please?

I called LMC several times but they can't answer. The office emailed the warehouse and the warehouse sent the wrong pics. I called back a few times but that's the only procedure they have to answer my question.

It's a shame that I have to resort to asking you guys for this. I don't really want to deal with this company anymore but they might have this tank that I need.

Shinysideup 01-07-2019 08:33 PM

Re: Anyone buy the LMC Truck In-cab tank recently?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...a/IMG_2903.jpg

davischevy 01-08-2019 12:41 AM

I would think you would be better off to physically go over to The Car and Truck Shop in Orange and look at a tank and save shipping.

The 72 only tank has a vent tube on the passenger side.

cypressbog 01-09-2019 03:00 PM

I refuse to buy anything from LMC. I cringe when I see how many people actually think LMC is a good parts source.

davischevy 01-09-2019 04:31 PM

A few years ago I was headed down to Cruisin The Coast, and at a pit stop somewhere in LA (Lower Arkansas) I noticed green liquid on the ground under the front of my truck.

My original radiator had given it up.

I had noticed LMC was one of the sponsors so I called them to see if they would bring me a radiator when they came down. The guy on the phone was not at all sympathetic to my predicament. I could order a radiator like everyone else and it would be home when I got there. Not only was my radiator leaking profusely, I was headed on south into Florida when I left CTC.

I called ahead and got a radiator at O"reilly and took LMC completely off my list of vendors.

That was back when O'reilly had radiators that were almost an exact reproduction of the original. Those days are gone too.

alsriv2 01-09-2019 06:41 PM

Check the requirements of the fuel return from the manufacturer of the fuel injection system you want to use. I used a Sniper system and did not pay attention the return size requirement and had massive problems when idling. My Sniper system called for a 5/16 return...my fuel line return was 3/8 to the tank but my tank fuel sender had a 1/4 return. The excess fuel pressure caused by the restriction at the tank caused all kinds of problems.

Jeff's72C10* 01-09-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinysideup (Post 8438821)

Same tank I got last summer

randy500 01-10-2019 02:12 AM

Dumping return fuel in the top of the tank is dumb, geez do it right.....fuel injection is s a huge job and investment.

A return line is super simple. Solder a return line of the proper size into the sending unit, there is plenty of rooms drill and fit a line, you can solder it with a propane torch. Make the return line so that it dumps fuel low inside the tank for less splashing around.

nightrider388 01-10-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy500 (Post 8440334)
Dumping return fuel in the top of the tank is dumb, geez do it right.....fuel injection is s a huge job and investment.

A return line is super simple. Solder a return line of the proper size into the sending unit, there is plenty of rooms drill and fit a line, you can solder it with a propane torch. Make the return line so that it dumps fuel low inside the tank for less splashing around.

Will having the return in the fuel cause the tank to pressurize? I have seen different opinions on this.

TheRocket 01-10-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypressbog (Post 8439959)
i refuse to buy anything from lmc. I cringe when i see how many people actually think lmc is a good parts source.

this!!

jeffahart 01-10-2019 02:22 PM

I buy from LMC on occasion. You can most definitely get buy without using them if you hate them. But, you should get their catalog mailed to you if you don't have one, they can be a good resource regardless if you purchase the parts from them or not. There are a couple of the big supply houses I really hate. But you need to weigh price, quality, shipping and so on and take the emotion out of it.

Here's why!

I purchased from a small guy, and I got a box drop shipped from my sworn enemy... so much for my boycott! Wow! I really showed them, ended up paying a few bucks more only to get a box from a company I don't care to do business with!

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face! :chevy:

j

TheRocket 01-10-2019 03:22 PM

Jeff, that is the risk you take. What we know is, there are other suppliers out there who won't lie to you and give you the runaround. Classicheartbeat and GMCPauls will stand behind their products, even if they are drop shipped from LMC. I buy as much as I can from my local CARQUEST store because Jeff and Linda are honest, ethical and knowledgeable. If they can't get it I go to those business referenced above. I utilize LMC's website to research products and then buy them from an honest business like those above. LMC needs to realize that we don't have to buy from them. They are a very last resort for a lot of us.