The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Need help with wiring and plumbing on my 63 longbed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=464046)

flannelsandvans 05-12-2011 03:08 AM

Need help with wiring and plumbing on my 63 longbed

I Have a 63 Longbed That I recently parallel 4 Linked and I need help with a wiring and plumbing diagram. I have only bagged the rear and not looking to do side to side...PLEASE HELP!!

badblu97 05-12-2011 06:45 AM

Re: Need help with wiring and plumbing on my 63 longbed

If you are not worried about side to side, then you should only have two valves. The first valve will be fill. Wire your "up" switch to the positive of that valve, and ground it. Your supply line from the tank should go to this one, and usually they have an arrow indicating direction of flow.

Then (plumbing wise) the dump valve (down) should go between the fill valve and the bags, and plumbed with a "T" fitting. (the dump valve will always have air pressure while the bag is inflated) Wire your down switch to the positive on that valve, and again, ground. Try and keep your air line to the bags the same length to try and get the bags to fill at the same rate. If not, you may end up with one side higher than the other, and no way to adjust it out.

If you do have 4 valves for the rear, then plumb it the same way, just use a pair per bag. Then, wire the fill valves together and the dump valves together so they fill and dump at the same time. However, if you have already invested in the extra valves, side to side is not only useful if you have the switchbox capable, but can be very fun!

badblu97 05-12-2011 06:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just look at the right side of the diagram, and again, try and keep the lines to the bags equal in length.

flannelsandvans 05-13-2011 01:33 PM

THANKS!!! I pretty much had it figured out but no one to confirm if I was right....I didnt wanna call a parts supplier and have them up-sell me on a bunch of stuff I didnt need. I think I will run 2 valves per bag, seems like it would be faster filling each bag. Thanks again!!!

badblu97 05-13-2011 02:23 PM

No problem! What are you gonna use for a switch box? Ive had a few, and I like the AVS boxes, they are small, work well, and have a variety of configurations. I figure if you are gonna spend the cash on more valves, might as well be able to have the adjustability....IMO

flannelsandvans 05-13-2011 11:51 PM

I was just gonna wire up a toggle switch off my dash.."on" for up and "off" for down...I figure since i will only be doing the rear with no plans on doing the front I wouldnt need a crazy switch box.

badblu97 05-14-2011 08:52 AM

That sounds like a plan!