The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Single wall top -Hold down bolts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=811433)

bhemingson 09-02-2020 03:21 PM

Single wall top -Hold down bolts

I am slowly grinding along on my '72 Jimmy while I wait for "in-stock" parts that are now back ordered four weeks.

I was having a good look at my top and there are only 2 bolts holding it down. Do any of the regular vendors sell a complete set or are these something I can get at the hardware store?

Ptjsk 09-02-2020 03:42 PM

Re: Single wall top -Hold down bolts

I would just take one bolt out and take it down to the hardware store to match it up.

Replace with stainless if at all possible, and don't forget to add some anti-seize prior to installation.

Pat

amcgeh01 09-15-2020 11:23 PM

I agree with Pat, use anti-seize or teflon tape as they call it. Make sure you use a tap and run it through all of the holes and across the pillar top frame and that will make installing and removing a dream. The last thing you want is a bolt seizing up on you. USE Grade 8 bolts and nuts as well..

I believe Mark at MotorCityK5 sells them as a kit along with all the other bolts you need for the visors, etc... real nice guy to do business with and is willing to answer questions as he is making a host of parts for our Jimmy's and Blazers..

1rippen6 09-15-2020 11:25 PM

I may have a set of originals with the "P" marked head but would have to look tomorrow.

bhemingson 09-21-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1rippen6 (Post 8808781)
I may have a set of originals with the "P" marked head but would have to look tomorrow.

Please let me know if you have the originals

1rippen6 09-22-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhemingson (Post 8811747)
Please let me know if you have the originals

Sorry, I bought another blazer over the weekend with no top and I'll need them for that one.

scf100 09-29-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amcgeh01 (Post 8808779)
I agree with Pat, use anti-seize or teflon tape as they call it. Make sure you use a tap and run it through all of the holes and across the pillar top frame and that will make installing and removing a dream. The last thing you want is a bolt seizing up on you. USE Grade 8 bolts and nuts as well..

I believe Mark at MotorCityK5 sells them as a kit along with all the other bolts you need for the visors, etc... real nice guy to do business with and is willing to answer questions as he is making a host of parts for our Jimmy's and Blazers..

thanks for the info....he has a lot of unique parts for the Blazers