The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Brothers Truck Parts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=498846)

jjzepplin 01-18-2014 09:14 PM

Re: Brothers Truck Parts

I always buy my things here on the forum from the great, outstanding members and never have been burned. Smokin deals too!:devil:

DransportGarage 02-07-2014 10:34 PM

John @ Brothers: What is with all of these PMs? We don't know if these are resolutions to problems or threats of lawsuits. Wouldn't it be better if you let all of us know what is going on?

dbash 02-07-2014 11:42 PM

My two cents. I have purchased thousands of dollars in parts from Brothers during my build. It was over a three year period and I was not in a hurry for any of them so I can't relate to waiting for parts bothering me because some were backordered.

My main attraction to Brothers is the ease of using their web sight when looking for a part, my lack of experience found this very helpful and simple to navigate.

The few times I did call my questions were answered honestly and quickly.

I bought parts from several other vendors on this site as well and all of them were reasonable and helpful on the phone. I have not had to cancel or send anything back.

I'm not challenging the truth of anyone else's experience here but mine have all been well within my expectations and I am happy vendors like Brothers exist to allow guys like us to Restore these badass rigs.

I'm in the construction business and have no vested interest in Brothers or any other vendor beyond my love of these trucks.

jjzepplin 02-08-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 6514446)
John @ Brothers: What is with all of these PMs? We don't know if these are resolutions to problems or threats of lawsuits. Wouldn't it be better if you let all of us know what is going on?

Watch it --- you'll get a PM:lol::lol::lol:
P.S. What's with all the 4 speeds? :haha:

DransportGarage 02-08-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjzepplin (Post 6514813)
Watch it --- you'll get a PM:lol::lol::lol:
P.S. What's with all the 4 speeds? :haha:

Very funny! I'm addicted to 4 speeds and convertibles. My truck has to watch out that I don't cut it's top off!

jjzepplin 02-08-2014 10:18 AM

PM sent...;)

vectorit 02-10-2014 03:37 PM

All kidding aside, at least John is doing his best to fix things with his customers.

C/10 King 02-11-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vectorit (Post 6518779)
All kidding aside, at least John is doing his best to fix things with his customers.

Yes, I dealt with John directly many times, he's a big asset to the customers on the forum and to "Brothers Trucks" :chevy:

jholley 03-03-2014 01:48 PM

Man I wish I would have read this thread before I placed my $350 order 10 days ago. Nothing has arrived as of yet except an e-mail saying what was back ordered. Also, if you use Paypal to pay your bill they will charge the entire amount regardless of whether parts are back ordered or not. I thought I'd at least get a tracking number or something by now.

John @ BROTHERS 03-03-2014 02:09 PM

jholley - PM sent

BTW, the reason for all the PM's is that I need personal info (complete name, address, email addresses, confirmation numbers and sometimes credit card info) in order to find and research your orders. I doubt you guys want that posted all over the web. I have had situations in the past where customers have blasted us on here and the delay was with their credit card, I know they don't want that on here. We are very serious about keeping our customers private information private. Sorry if this ruffles feathers.

If I have dealt with you in the past you will account for me in that I don't tell anyone what to do after the situation has been researched and dealt with. This is a review forum, my actions also fall under that category.

Also, contact me anytime for any of your needs or questions.

Thanks,
John
General Manager

john 03-04-2014 07:10 PM

I purchased a wood bed kit on sale from a Brothers catalog some time ago, and it arrived in a timely manner with no probs.

jjzepplin 03-04-2014 07:41 PM

Seems to be that "communication" is the biggest issue here. If Brothers would just call you up after your purchase and tell you what was on B.O. and give you the option to go forward and just wait or tell you that everything was in order and give a definite ship date this could all be avoided. The truth never hurts as much as being strung along. (for lack of a better word)

jholley 03-05-2014 10:50 PM

Just to be fair to Brother's, They were trying to do the right thing with my order by holding it until one back ordered part came in so that everything could ship at the same time. The part was due in within a couple of days after my order was placed. It didn't show up and they shipped the rest of my order right away.

I agree with jjzepplin though, if they are going to do that a little bit of communication goes a long way with customer satisfaction.

1963c-10 03-28-2014 09:27 AM

Ive used them for years with no issues and I've always had great customer support when I've called. Sorry to see that others have had issues and I hope they all get resolved.

Alaskaskiff 04-06-2014 02:48 AM

I am in Alaska and it is obvious that brothers does not consider us a viable customer base. You place an order and it does not fully process because they are incapable or unwilling to figure out the shipping automatically. Funny thing is there are bunches of vendors that can. The answer I got after chasing down my order, was well you can always call us to place your order. Really? Thanks but no thanks. The attitude of the peron I talked to left a lot to be desired too. I don't need attitude and poor service to pay as much for shipping as the part.

ELD 64 C10 05-27-2014 05:52 PM

My experience with Brothers Trucks has been less than pleasurable. I ordered a decent amount of items and received the majority of my order roughly a month after my order was placed. I've still yet to receive my gauges for my 1964 C10 and my order was placed mid-March. Why offer a product if you can't deliver, I've dealt with Summit Racing, LMC Truck, and POL in purchasing parts for my truck and they all have a quick turnaround with solid customer service. I called Brothers to check the status of my order and now I've been given another date, what a joke, order cancelled. Brothers Trucks has narrowed down my list of reputable businesses. This could be an isolated incident and just my bad luck.

BigMike608 07-03-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John @ BROTHERS (Post 6555454)
jholley - PM sent

BTW, the reason for all the PM's is that I need personal info (complete name, address, email addresses, confirmation numbers and sometimes credit card info) in order to find and research your orders. I doubt you guys want that posted all over the web. I have had situations in the past where customers have blasted us on here and the delay was with their credit card, I know they don't want that on here. We are very serious about keeping our customers private information private. Sorry if this ruffles feathers.

If I have dealt with you in the past you will account for me in that I don't tell anyone what to do after the situation has been researched and dealt with. This is a review forum, my actions also fall under that category.

Also, contact me anytime for any of your needs or questions.

Thanks,
John
General Manager

PM Sent...

bloody hammer 08-13-2014 06:42 PM

John@Brothers - I have the following part numbers loaded into my cart on your website. Before I submit the order will you please confirm these are in stock and available for shipment?

COMS3SC Qty 1

BCP6772 Qty 2

John @ BROTHERS 08-13-2014 06:50 PM

In stock & ready to ship.

bloody hammer 08-13-2014 09:39 PM

Order submitted. Thanks!

jjzepplin 08-13-2014 10:58 PM

Wow! That's service!

bloody hammer 08-14-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloody hammer (Post 6800702)
John@Brothers - I have the following part numbers loaded into my cart on your website. Before I submit the order will you please confirm these are in stock and available for shipment?

COMS3SC Qty 1

BCP6772 Qty 2

The set of side mirrors seem a little high priced to me ($69.50) but I'm hoping it means I'll get a better quality product than from someone like LMC. That's not intended as a stab at LMC but they do seem to be known for low price = low quality, generally speaking.

Either way, I'll be glad to have some mirrors on my truck once again!

oneoff 08-17-2014 12:14 AM

I ordered their one piece windows, got them in a timely manner and got the sale price they advertised. I was satisfied. Sounds like they have some issues, but at least John is attempting to resolve the problems.

LowLifeS10 08-18-2014 11:50 AM

Okay lets try it here, i've sent a few emails but never did anyone reply. I bought the Door to Cab weatherseals for the 67-72 trucks a while ago. When i have them installed i cant shut the doors, i've tried on two different trucks. Have you had problems with those seals before?

bloody hammer 08-21-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloody hammer (Post 6801524)
The set of side mirrors seem a little high priced to me ($69.50) but I'm hoping it means I'll get a better quality product than from someone like LMC. That's not intended as a stab at LMC but they do seem to be known for low price = low quality, generally speaking.

Either way, I'll be glad to have some mirrors on my truck once again!

The side mirrors were delivered today. I haven't put them on yet but the quality seems good.