The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   amusing description (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=829831)

richard2717 01-15-2022 12:31 PM

amusing description

I was looking at an auction site this morning and found this amusing :lol::lol:

This listing is for a Linde H70D-03 Forklift (100HP) Diesel (15" wide forks), Rated capacity 7,000 .kg, Unlanden Mass 11,550 kg, Motor Model #BF 6M 2012 RPM 2,200. Full rate-53.5. This Linde Forklift pedals and levers all function as should, steering is good. Tires are in great condition. Issues: Needs some motor work done, motor was making knocking noise, piston broke and came out, now no knocking and sounds normal. Starts up and runs as should. Motor is very clean looking. Missing side doors, top roof plexie glass is broke. Does have heater box but was pulled out for leaking issue, will come with forklift. And last lights do

FleetsidePaul 01-15-2022 12:39 PM

Re: amusing description

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 9019617)
I was looking at an auction site this morning and found this amusing :lol::lol:

This listing is for a Linde H70D-03 Forklift (100HP) Diesel (15" wide forks), Rated capacity 7,000 .kg, Unlanden Mass 11,550 kg, Motor Model #BF 6M 2012 RPM 2,200. Full rate-53.5. This Linde Forklift pedals and levers all function as should, steering is good. Tires are in great condition. Issues: Needs some motor work done, motor was making knocking noise, piston broke and came out, now no knocking and sounds normal. Starts up and runs as should. Motor is very clean looking. Missing side doors, top roof plexie glass is broke. Does have heater box but was pulled out for leaking issue, will come with forklift. And last lights do

What? :lol: I don't even know where to start. The piston fell out? :lol:

I don't know what this guy is smoking but I want some. :lol:

richard2717 01-15-2022 12:50 PM

I emailed and asked if it came out of its own free will or if they took it out. If from free will, I would like to see photo's of the point of removal. Will update if I get a response. LOL

Getter-Done 01-15-2022 01:02 PM

That funny right there:lol:
How many horsepower does it have now?

Ol Blue K20 01-15-2022 01:09 PM

Sounds like POS to me....

FleetsidePaul 01-15-2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9019644)
Sounds like POS to me....

Don't be so harsh Dale. It's only missing a piston. No big deal. :lol:

Ol Blue K20 01-15-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9019737)

I guess you're right, the knocking went away! :lol:

special-K 01-15-2022 07:36 PM

:lol: Yeah, motors look real clean with no oil in them :lol:

geezer#99 01-15-2022 07:45 PM

The need for all the parts is over rated!
Some motors are good with but one head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkHZyjiT_wk

Boog 01-15-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9019737)

Well now. [ Missing side doors, top roof plexie glass is broke. Does have heater box but was pulled out for leaking issue, will come with forklift. ] :lol:

special-K 01-15-2022 08:39 PM

"Ran good when engine blew, then parked" :lol:

Ol Blue K20 01-15-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9019798)
Well now. [ Missing side doors, top roof plexie glass is broke. Does have heater box but was pulled out for leaking issue, will come with forklift. ] :lol:

Boog, you're dragging me back to P.O.S.dang it! :lol:

Boog 01-15-2022 10:14 PM

Well, after all, it IS winter time. No doors, cracked roof and no heat. I'm just sayin she ain't no cream puff. :lol:

Ol Blue K20 01-15-2022 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9019865)
Well, after all, it IS winter time. No doors, cracked roof and no heat. I'm just sayin she ain't no cream puff. :lol:

I agree wholeheartedly! :lol::lol:

FleetsidePaul 01-16-2022 11:37 AM

Come on guys. The tires are in great condition. The guy said so. :lol:

Just stand 10 feet away and ignore the cracks in the sidewalls. They'll be fine.

LockDoc 01-16-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geezer#99 (Post 9019787)
The need for all the parts is over rated!
Some motors are good with but one head.

Yep, Them Flatheads will run forever.

LockDoc

richard2717 02-11-2022 04:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got pictures of the issue. They said that forklift still runs good and will need some minor engine work. Can drive up on trailer lol

'63GENIII 02-11-2022 05:02 PM

Id say its adequately ventilated now...:lol::lol:

richard2717 02-11-2022 06:06 PM

here is the Q&A section lol

.Q: What do you mean "piston came out" Was the piston in the engine changed? (1/16/22 9:56 AM)
A: Thank you for your question, started it and piston came off, the knocking that had started with the forklift previously has stopped. After restarting forklift to move around and move location knocking has stopped and forklift was being fully responsive. (1/17/22 11:19 AM)
Q: Confused. You say engine work is needed. Then you saw runs as it should. Was engine rebuilt to replace piston.? (1/16/22 8:15 PM)
A: Thank you for the question, Not sure of engine ever being rebuilt just know piston has broke off and now the motor was making has stopped, as stated in listing. (1/17/22 11:10 AM)
Q: So Im confused.... you replaced the motor? The way it sounds is like you pulled a piston out. (1/17/22 9:07 AM)
A: Thank you for your question, piston came out of engine when starting, now the knocking that was in motor has stopped, as stated in listing. (1/17/22 11:07 AM)
Q: When the pist (1/17/22 5:52 PM)
A: Thank you for your question, I added more info this morning engine was just rebuilt and crankshaft was pulled from spare engine. It ran for about an hour before blowing a rod. It does run but will need to be rebuilt. (1/18/22 6:48 AM)
Q: when the piston came out, did it knock a hole in the block. your wording is very confusing on what exactly happened. (1/17/22 5:54 PM)
A: Thank you for your question, I just added more info to it this morning, The engine was just rebuilt and crankshaft was pulled from spare engine. It ran for about an hour before blowing a rod. It does run but will need to be rebuilt. (1/18/22 6:48 AM)
Q: Honestly you totally confuse the issue. Is better you pull out the forklift and realist with different settings . (1/20/22 6:08 AM)
A: Thank you for your question, this listing is pretty straight forward, if you could read again. There not to much their you shouldn't get. All the issues are there. All the goods are their. If you don't get a certain part, send what your not understanding, not suggesting I pull my listing. Thanks you (1/20/22 7:54 AM)
Q: Are the parts for this engine domestically available today? (1/22/22 11:42 AM)
A: Thank you for your question, yes I believe you can. (1/24/22 12:51 PM)
Q: Will forklift drive on a trailer (1/22/22 3:35 PM)
A: Thank you for your question, Yes should be able to get up onto trailer. (1/24/22 11:59 AM)
Q: Not a question but a clarification. The proper term for a broke piston rod is "threw a rod" and most times when a rod throws it flops around and knocks a hole in the side of the block. If it still runs the rod break was close to the crankshaft with piston and remaining rod stuck up high in the cylinder so no damage is being done which is very fortunate (might have cylinder skirt damage though). Other cause could be the rod cap came off from not properly tightening rod bolts during overhaul and piston is stuck up high in cyl. (1/25/22 9:58 AM)
A: Thank you for your question, Piston and push rod in hand, hole is in block (1/25/22 1:57 PM)
Q: Very confused by questions and answers - 1 Was engine rebuilt and if so by whom ? 2 Why was crankshaft replaced and by whom ? 3 Does this forklift come with the spare engine that the crankshaft was pulled from ? 4 was any other work done when engine was rebuilt - ie hydraulic pump, transmission rebuild, radiator ? 5 Will the forklift be able to move under its own power for loading purposes ? Thank you in advance. (1/27/22 10:37 AM)
A: Thank you for your question, Your first and last question were answered in the listing, Crankshaft was not replaced, No old/extra motors come with, only the heater box will come with, that is also in the listing. No other work was done. only what was posted in listing. (1/27/22 12:49 PM)
Q: “ The engine was just rebuilt and crankshaft was pulled from spare engine.” So this is incorrect? (1/27/22 1:13 PM)
A: Thank you again for your question, yes my apology's, what listing says. Hit me with lots of question at once, that many tell you in listing. (1/27/22 4:25 PM)
Q: Hi, Is there a hole in the block ? where the piston came out ? (2/8/22 4:59 PM)
A: Thank you for your question, yes there is, all shown in picture's. (2/8/22 5:53 PM)

57taskforce 02-11-2022 08:30 PM

I think I saw this one on a 3 stooges short once :lol:

Steeveedee 02-11-2022 09:46 PM

True story. I was probably 19, as my 3-year younger sister had gotten her license. She had a '62 Nova convertible that she wrecked 45 minutes after getting her license. :rolleyes: We found a really nice '63 Nova hard top through a guy my dad knew from work, but it had a rod knock. $50 Remember those days? Went and picked it up, proceeded to drive it home. Knock gets louder and louder, and about 1/4 mile past where we saw a CHP officer giving us the eye because of the noise, it threw a rod. Piston head, wrist pin and rings flying! Of course, it had no oil pressure, and then it overheated and seized. Finally got it home, and my dad asked my why I hadn't simply pulled the plug wire off that cylinder! :o I knew plenty about cars by then, but that hadn't occurred to me.

FleetsidePaul 02-11-2022 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9033520)
True story. I was probably 19, as my 3-year younger sister had gotten her license. She had a '62 Nova convertible that she wrecked 45 minutes after getting her license. :rolleyes: We found a really nice '63 Nova hard top through a guy my dad knew from work, but it had a rod knock. $50 Remember those days? Went and picked it up, proceeded to drive it home. Knock gets louder and louder, and about 1/4 mile past where we saw a CHP officer giving us the eye because of the noise, it threw a rod. Piston head, wrist pin and rings flying! Of course, it had no oil pressure, and then it overheated and seized. Finally got it home, and my dad asked my why I hadn't simply pulled the plug wire off that cylinder! :o I knew plenty about cars by then, but that hadn't occurred to me.

I remember those days clearly. I bought a 70 Nova for $100 and sold it two days later for $400. Big bucks. :lol:

Your dad sounds like mine. One time I changed the oil in my 68 Charger. I forgot to put the plug back in the pan. Then poured in about 4 quarts. My old man walked out, saw the mess, shook his head and went back inside without a word. I felt like such an idiot.

special-K 02-12-2022 09:19 AM

People have gotten to be like lawyers with their careful ways of beating around the bush. Just say it like it is!

This reminds me of my boss letting me go last month. He has a thing about not firing anyone to keep his unemployment insurance rate down. He makes guys want to quit, but that didn't work on my. He went foaming at the mouth nuts before I would quit.

So the last day he had me all set up to knock down... again. He figured he'd give me hard time #32 and I'd tell him get screwed I quit. Didn't work and he went nuts, told me "Get off my job!", and I left. He followed me out and continued his abuse. I told him "Your sh!+ doesn't work on me. Am I being fired?". I asked him 3 times during that session and he would not answer. But he was literally foaming at the mouth. Later that afternoon (Friday) he sent a text and here goes all the communications from that point:

Doug - I'm not sure if we were in the middle of our conversation or the end. If you have more to say I'll meet up.

Me - I was thinking that was an argument waiting to happen, and suggest we need to have a calm mature adult discussion on this situation.

The whole weekend goes by with no response from him. So, Sunday evening I send a text:

Me - I had a busy weekend. Do we need to talk first, or am I working tomorrow?

Monday evening after running out to his place, while he was working, to turn in my final time sheets:

Me - No Communication? I am available to work. My times sheets are in the completed time sheet folder in the van.

He left a message on on Wed saying:

Doug - I thought I made it clear on Friday. I'm done fighting you. I have to move this company forward

Thursday I send a response. I am trying to get out of him that I am fired:

Me - The only thing you made clear on Friday was you were angry. I asked you three times if I was being fired, which you didn't answer. I have inquired about work and told you I am available with no direct reply. I am still available for work. Missing a lot of time here. I need it to be made clear if I'm still working for you, and when.

Doug - I turned in your payroll as submitted and notified them that Friday was your last day.

Me - Ok, I'm fired. I can look for another job now.

And that was it. I wanted a record that made it clear I did not quit. If I was going to quit I would have done that before Thanksgiving when he started in on me.