The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Zane's Ride (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560166)

Zane'sMom 01-10-2013 11:35 PM

Zane's Ride

Fundraiser to benefit Make-A-Wish Alaska: This fundraiser is in honor of my son, Zane, who passed away from bone cancer in 12-2011. The automotive tech students at his high school are restoring/building a Chevy truck using parts from 1962, 1963, 1964. Currently, the students are assessing what we have to determine what is needed. We do know we need a new windshield and seal. This weekend, I will post some photos we have, and will begin a list of needed items. You can also check out 'Zane's Ride' on facebook.:chevy:

ChiefRocka 01-10-2013 11:42 PM

Re: Zane's Ride

This is so great !

Let us know how we can help !
Posted via Mobile Device

chevy_man5 01-11-2013 12:26 AM

Can't wait to see where this goes!!

Be warned... we are all picture and update addicts... Once you start, you have to keep it up! LOL

McMurphy 01-11-2013 02:51 AM

I am in, I will give you a phone call tomorrow ZM !!

spacedebris 01-11-2013 03:33 AM

:truck:I've got a new Windshield Seal. ZM, what year cab are you using? PM me with an address I can send it you and its yours.

Mark

:truck:

Liz 01-11-2013 10:03 AM

Been following you on facebook.Love the updates.Good luck with the fundraiser.
Posted via Mobile Device

Realnoisy 01-11-2013 10:05 AM

Subscribed

chevy_man5 01-11-2013 10:49 AM

Moderators, in order to comply with the rules, does Zane's Mom need to be a paying member to solicit parts? If so, I believe Oem4me volunteered to pay her membership in the original thread. If Oem chooses to not pay (if/when you read this Oem, not saying you wouldn't, just trying to make sure they are covered), I would be willing to cover that expense if needed.

aerotruk63 01-11-2013 11:48 AM

This is great, we just need to wait for more details now on what is required. We'll need a shipping address so we can ship/mail donated parts to the project.

Norm

aerotruk63 01-11-2013 02:00 PM

http://alaskaslist.com/

Like craigslist.org. We can search for fragile type items locally. Sometimes a resource is a simple email away to someone selling a similar item locally. I've contacted and simply asked strangers inquiries as to where possible sources are in the past.

Windshield for instance, a non advertised parts truck could help out in this department that someone knows of. An Ad could be placed requesting aid in finding one.

hop sing 01-11-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane'sMom (Post 5809603)
Fundraiser to benefit Make-A-Wish Alaska: This fundraiser is in honor of my son, Zane, who passed away from bone cancer in 12-2011. The automotive tech students at his high school are restoring/building a Chevy truck using parts from 1962, 1963, 1964. Currently, the students are assessing what we have to determine what is needed. We do know we need a new windshield and seal. This weekend, I will post some photos we have, and will begin a list of needed items. You can also check out 'Zane's Ride' on facebook.:chevy:

got a windshield for a wrap around window (knee knocker) its urs if u need it i am in lynden wa ,but am also willing to donate $$ to buy one up there Let me know aloha Hop :sumo::sumo:

The Bronze 01-12-2013 02:28 AM

Today my students started tearing two of the trucks apart. There is major rust on these two, but we are salvaging the good stuff (and bagging and tagging the hardware for spares). We will have to ignore them for a week or so, but we will then be pulling Zane's SBC and getting it on a stand and figuring out which frame/chassis/axle/front suspension we want to use.

63sbssbbw 01-12-2013 08:51 AM

Welcome to The board Mr B
I would strongly suggest either the '63 or the '64 chassis as interchange with later years
(up to '87) is much more feasible,cheaper,and available at your local parts store if you plan on any upgrades,ie disc brakes,power steering etc.
Strange as it may seem,the '60-'62 front suspension parts are about 3x the price of the '63-'66 pieces.
If the '62 cab is the best one, use it .
Your only change will be the front cab mount location,but you'll probably be doing floorboards anyway (just order the '63-'66 pans).
The wiper motor will have to remain as '62,but the heater is an easy mod to get the '63 one to fit.
Again,welcome the the site.
Tons of very knowledgable folks here in regards to this series of Chevy/GMC,and always willing to help a fellow 60-66 nut out when the need arises.
Trent

aerotruk63 01-12-2013 10:26 AM

I've found plastic totes are handy for part storage, easy to label and are reusable on other projects. Most all of my extra stuff is bagged and tagged and toted. Will the truck be a Plain Jane or will there be some bling to it?
Long or Short Box?
Fleetside or Stepside?
Lowering it?

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 12:53 AM

I am going to try posting some photos. I also posted some on the 'Zane's Ride' facebook page, too. And thank you, Bronze!

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 01:10 AM

I could not find an 'albums and pictures' link on my CP. I found one under 'quick links', but when I selected it a message pops up telling me I don't have that privilege. Do I need to subscribe? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 01:18 AM

Thank you, Liz!

Liz 01-13-2013 01:42 AM

On my phone, so my linking ability stinks :) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery hope i did not typo that

Liz 01-13-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_man5 (Post 5810262)
Moderators, in order to comply with the rules, does Zane's Mom need to be a paying member to solicit parts? If so, I believe Oem4me volunteered to pay her membership in the original thread. If Oem chooses to not pay (if/when you read this Oem, not saying you wouldn't, just trying to make sure they are covered), I would be willing to cover that expense if needed.

It has already been taken care of. Sorry I missed this post. Catching up some tonight :) This is what I love about ya'll..

Liz 01-13-2013 02:46 AM

and for the triple post ;) here is a link to the facebook page for Zane's ride.

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 03:34 AM

Having some trouble with my photo file sizes being too big. Sucks getting older! Zane would have been able to figure it out. He was a technogeek! I'm too old to figure it out very quickly, but my husband and I are working on it. Bronze, maybe the media students can give you some photos to upload. Anyone who wants to see some photos now can check out the facebook page.

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 03:36 AM

I just noticed that I am now a premium member! Thanks Oem4me and Liz!

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 03:42 AM

Watch posts by Bronze: he will have the technical stats of the model years/parts, etc that we will end up using from what we have, and what we need.

oem4me 01-13-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane'sMom (Post 5814044)
I just noticed that I am now a premium member! Thanks Oem4me and Liz!

Glad you guys are up and rolling, but it wasn't my doing. I'm hoping to help in some way though. Looking forward to updates as the instructor(s) and students make progress.
Ellen, your son's life is touching others even now at the outset, who can tell how many will know him through this project by the time it's done.

Zane'sMom 01-13-2013 05:19 PM

Thank you to whomever is responsible for my membership upgrade. You are all wonderful!