The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   87 owners help needed on a bolt, thanks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=817144)

weider1717 01-18-2021 09:05 PM

87 owners help needed on a bolt, thanks

Folks,

I recently pulled my 87 350 tbi. The oil pan had a bolt on the right side that also held a bracket to support some cooler lines.

I set this bolt aside and I have misplaced it. I took a picture of the surrounding bolts and the head mark looks marked “LF” see picture.

Could an 87 owner look at the bolt which holds that bracket to see if it is also marked “LF” so I will know that is specifically correct as I am looking online for a correct bolt to replace it. Also any idea where to get it so far no such luck online if the “LF” is correct. I’m on the picky side and would like to put back what came on it headmark etc..

Thanks so much 🇺🇸
Posted via Mobile Device

weider1717 01-18-2021 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by weider1717 (Post 8866353)
Folks,

I recently pulled my 87 350 tbi. The oil pan had a bolt on the right side that also held a bracket to support some cooler lines.

I set this bolt aside and I have misplaced it. I took a picture of the surrounding bolts and the head mark looks marked “LF” see picture.

Could an 87 owner look at the bolt which holds that bracket to see if it is also marked “LF” so I will know that is specifically correct as I am looking online for a correct bolt to replace it. Also any idea where to get it so far no such luck online if the “LF” is correct. I’m on the picky side and would like to put back what came on it headmark etc..

Thanks so much 🇺🇸
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Just call me Sean 01-18-2021 10:17 PM

Re: 87 owners help needed on a bolt, thanks

The bolt has a stud head. The bolt goes on first then a nut holds the bracket to the bolt.

slb1985 01-19-2021 11:58 PM

If it helps the "LF" is a stamping for Lang Fasteners who manufactured the bolt. The 3 lines on the face mean it is a grade 5 bolt, and the head style is a "Hex Washer" style bolt.

Pontiac1976 01-21-2021 02:26 AM

well oil pan bolt scrapyard. Depending on side pan it's the trans cooler lines bracket(right), or motor oil cooler bracket(left)

Tx Firefighter 01-21-2021 05:36 AM

The bolt that holds the cooler line bracket has a stud on it's head like Sean said. Install it then the bracket with nut is secured to it.

legendman 01-27-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 8867386)
The bolt that holds the cooler line bracket has a stud on it's head like Sean said. Install it then the bracket with nut is secured to it.

Hey TX Firefighter good to see you back, working on anything?
Always impressed by your threads.

Tx Firefighter 01-27-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 8870959)
Hey TX Firefighter good to see you back, working on anything?
Always impressed by your threads.

Thank you sir.

I'm goofing with an OBS truck right now. I'm getting old and don't really do into full builds much anymore except motorcycles. Just fun fix up projects that I can drive and enjoy as I work on them. It's getting so expensive nowadays and the parts are such crap quality it has dampened the fun on it all a bit to be honest.

83GMCK2500 01-30-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 8870980)
Thank you sir.

I'm goofing with an OBS truck right now. I'm getting old and don't really do into full builds much anymore except motorcycles. Just fun fix up projects that I can drive and enjoy as I work on them. It's getting so expensive nowadays and the parts are such crap quality it has dampened the fun on it all a bit to be honest.

Ha-HAA, you know a couple times a year I go back and read your build threads for ideas/motivation, absolutely loved your attention to detail. I am also in the "Great to have you back!" group.

legendman 01-30-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 (Post 8872085)
Ha-HAA, you know a couple times a year I go back and read your build threads for ideas/motivation, absolutely loved your attention to detail. I am also in the "Great to have you back!" group.

I do the same, great threads. They inspire me to do work on my collection.
:c2: