The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

Lieferson 11-06-2016 09:00 AM

Re: Installed FiTech EFI and Fuel Command Center

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick54615 (Post 7761414)
Installed EFI on my 1970 K5 with 396.

OOOHHHH let us know how you like it! I love the idea of modern fuel injection but maintaining that classic carburetor look

Mick54615 11-07-2016 10:46 PM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Well, everything went well with a couple short test drives yesterday. Took it to work today and got stranded twice on the way home. They have not corrected their issue with the fuel command center overheating and boiling the fuel.I mounted it where the heater and fan motor used to be, which I feel should be far enough away from heat sources as you can get in the engine compartment. Called Fitech and talked to Bryce since I had time to kill on the side of the road. He said that location isn't good even though the literature that comes with it suggests this location. Just keep kickin' the can....

1972 Jimmy 11-08-2016 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got some parts back from getting zinc coated. They turned out great! Thanks DeadheadNM for the lead. Had some extra parts plated as well. Will be posting some for sale soon: )

mister.freeze 11-15-2016 06:31 PM

New steps!

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q...psoatl7th1.jpg

DeadheadNM 11-15-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972 Jimmy (Post 7763825)
Got some parts back from getting zinc coated. They turned out great! Thanks DeadheadNM for the lead. Had some extra parts plated as well. Will be posting some for sale soon: )

Nice!! So worth it.

SoCoC10 11-19-2016 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Took some stuff to my media blaster so I had him sand blast a set of Rallys for my CST. Matched the two like new Wild Country All Terrains. Two new tires, four Rally wheels and a coat of paint. Not bad for $300.

Chulisohombre 11-19-2016 06:16 AM

Those should look real Nice with some new trim rings and center caps.

Guana 11-19-2016 08:12 AM

Drove it around town running errands and taking my wife out to lunch....

solo72 11-20-2016 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a roll bar for the Jimmy!

SoCoC10 11-20-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chulisohombre (Post 7772221)
Those should look real Nice with some new trim rings and center caps.

Bought a set of four brand new center caps for the rims from a member. Two open and two closed with the "4X4" stickers. Unfortunately, the caps are plastic so I'll just use the rears and keep my metal ones on the front.

I don't like running trim rings for a couple reasons. They scratch up my freshly painted rims; they seem to fall off from time to time and I think the rim looks larger without the trim rings so don't run them.

LuckyScott 11-20-2016 09:37 PM

Mounted the rear seat.
Finished the wiring for my twin fans on the radiator.

dirish 11-21-2016 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Added a new transfer case shifter ring. Biller aluminum, made by fellow member Mcbassin.
Not the best picture, and not cleaned up, but a very nice product! Thanks Mike

Slick67 11-22-2016 02:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished making my faux boxed frame panels. They are to hide all the wires and lines. Did the whole frame, bead-rolled and dimple-die as well. Attachment 1592440

colgad 11-22-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick67 (Post 7774720)
I finished making my faux boxed frame panels. They are to hide all the wires and lines. Did the whole frame, bead-rolled and dimple-die as well. Attachment 1592440

Wow that took more than a minute! How are you attaching them?

LuckyScott 11-22-2016 09:11 PM

Yesterday I installed a seat belt on the drivers side. Then I bolted down the center console.
Today, I installed a new set of hood hinge springs. My Blazer had hinges but no springs. For twenty bucks and a half hour of work my hood opens and closes easily now. Plus, I learned a new trick on installing the springs that made the job really easy.

SoCoC10 11-22-2016 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got an update from my metal guy on my CST. Front cab support, inner rocker and floor repairs are done on the passenger side. "A" and "B" pillars are almost done and a final figment of the outer rocker is going on now.

Beau2a 11-24-2016 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New Coys today. Still waiting on the rears to ship.

dirish 11-24-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beau2a (Post 7776588)
New Coys today. Still waiting on the rears to ship.

Very nice! Great looking Blazer!

Beau2a 11-25-2016 02:57 AM

Thanks dirish

truckster 11-25-2016 09:39 PM

I put it on vehicle dollies so I can move it around until it can move itself around.

TonyJohnson 11-25-2016 10:46 PM

Those wheels look great. Really nice Blazer. Love the 67/68 front clip. That's what I want eventually. Wish at least one year of Blazers had been delivered with that look. I love them all, but that's the best look. IMO...

Big Block 11-26-2016 08:53 AM

Put new gas tank on my 71 2 wheel drive Jimmy.. Aftermarket tank with short filler neck. That was a real treat. 5 hours later and a lot of cursing it's on and the gas gage works but bounces around while driving it. Why didn't they just use a stock filler neck? I know it can be used for other applications but it would be a lot easier to cut it to fit rather than being short and ending up hitting the top edge of the frame rail. What a pain. Finally got the frame rail modified enough to clear the neck.

LuckyScott 11-26-2016 08:57 PM

They had a sale at the local Truck shop in Orange. Wife and I blew our monthly budget today, LOL.
New front grill kit includes inner and outer grill and headlight trim.
Rear bumper kit includes new rear bumper, and all the hardware, license plate mount and brackets. A bunch of new emblems for the fenders and glovebox and dash. Wife really wanted to fix up the center console I mounted recently so we got all new trim parts. Picked up a new set of front seat belts.
Our '72 4x4 will be looking sharp soon.

LuckyScott 12-03-2016 04:57 PM

Had a great day working on the Blazer. Installed the new rear bumper, lic plate and plate holder and plate light. I got lucky and the wire I hooked the lite up to was the right one and worked like a champ.
Then I installed new arm rests, and some trim parts around the center console.

I also bought a bracket from one of the guys here in New York. It is the part that the front folding forward bucket locks into. Got it, painted it up and installed it and now the seat is nice and secure. It was nice of him to include the factory bolts too.
The seat had no seat belts so I installed a set of lap belts too.

OldBalls 12-05-2016 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Small stuff....Painted the grill black (ordered new emblem), replaced blinker lenses and side markers. Then added tailgate band.