The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The LS1 swap headers are done!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=287231)

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-11-2008 05:55 PM

The LS1 swap headers are done!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
The part number for these is thy324y-c. (pic #2)

The price with your member discount is $528 ceramic coated :metal:. Mention this board and your user name to Nick Thompson (sales) @ 951-739-5900.

The headers come with all necessary bolts, gaskets and reducers.

All headers are pre-polished before coating.The standard finish is ceramic coating.

All headers are made from 14ga. tubing and 3/8" flanges.

Every header is pressure tested on site for leaks.

These headers were developed using the Classic performance products motor mount/cross member system but they have been tested on a trucks equipped with Early classic enterprises (Hart_rod) as well as home made motor mounts (Mike @ meshwerks).

The headers are designed to work with both 4L60 and 4L80 transmissions.

You will need to purchase a flexible engine oil dipstick such as the Lokar ED-5800 or equavalent.

In addition, you will need to purchase a good set of plug wires. We used the MSD adjustables but there are other less expensive alternatives. (pic #1)

We think the headers will also work on the 73-87 trucks and a test fit is on the way to verify that.

It's been a long and winding road to get to this point but this is what true R&D is about and I think we nailed it. Having said that, I would also like to thank the the following members for all the hard work and information they provided. Their commitment to our hobby is what makes cars and trucks fun and I could not have done this without you guys.

Rob Hartley aka Hart_Rod
Mike and kevin sheidle aka Meshwerks
John aka pcmcobra

And everyone else that sent me pics...

Dave Cary aka 68custom
John Stevens

I may have forgotten about a few of you but you know who you are and You guys rock:metal:.

If you guys/gals have questions about the design aspects of this header please call me @ (951) 371-1744 and I will be happy to answer any questions you my have.

Thanks,
Jamie Joyce
Design engineer, Doug Thorley headers

Deuce 04-11-2008 06:22 PM

Re: The LS1 swap headers are done!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie @ Doug Thorley (Post 2672118)
The price with your member discount is $528

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they hang below the frame???

What motor mounts do they require???

Do you ship to Canada??

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-11-2008 07:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2672164)
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they hang below the frame???

What motor mounts do they require???

Do you ship to Canada??

Deuce, here are pics of the headers on Hart_rod's truck. Look closely at pic #3, this is with the headers installed ;). (pics 3 & 4)

They will work with ECE,CPP and they were tried on a truck with homemade mounts (meshwerks). It really comes down to how you placed the engine in the truck. (pics 1 & 2 w/ cpp mounts)

Yes, we do ship to Canada.

Jamie

Billla 04-11-2008 07:36 PM

That is just beautiful work!

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-11-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billla (Post 2672270)
That is just beautiful work!

Thank you.

My wife says I talk about welding and headers in my sleep :crazy:

lts70 04-11-2008 07:55 PM

My wife has to hear me build trucks in my sleep also. Or sometimes it is the building project I am on at the time. Sweet headers, they look great.

68GMCCustom 04-11-2008 08:38 PM

Very nice!

stllookn 04-11-2008 11:10 PM

Sweeet!!!! Do you have any performance data on those compared to stock or others????

shifty 04-12-2008 12:01 AM

Really happy to get info on this. I had PM'ed a couple of weeks ago, but never got a response.

Thanks for the info, will definitely be looking into these. Guess I will need to delete my rear OČ sensor now :D

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-12-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stllookn (Post 2672527)
Sweeet!!!! Do you have any performance data on those compared to stock or others????

The truck I did was not a runner yet but I have numbers on another ls based car with tri-y's ;)....

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...ETTETHY329.jpg

I know this is kinda apples to oranges but it gives you an idea of how the ls engines react to tri-y's. This car was a different beast when we were done with it:metal:.

Jamie

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-12-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifty (Post 2672590)
Really happy to get info on this. I had PM'ed a couple of weeks ago, but never got a response.

Thanks for the info, will definitely be looking into these. Guess I will need to delete my rear OČ sensor now :D

Sorry Jason, I get alot of pm's and I was kinda waiting to let the cat out of the bag until I got the first run of these done.

Hart_Rod 04-12-2008 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jamie thanks for letting me help out with this, it was a pleasure. The quality and fit of the headers is outstanding (I can't wait to fire the Suburban up! :D). If anyone wants any more pics of the headers installed, you can check my crewcab or suburban build in my signature.

R/

jb4short 04-12-2008 09:27 PM

Awesome Rob- glad you could find something else for us to be jealous of....LOL!!!

Jamie....ever thought of some mid-lengths for lowered trucks?

72BlckButy 04-12-2008 09:52 PM

Those things sure are pretty... :D

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-12-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2673768)
Awesome Rob- glad you could find something else for us to be jealous of....LOL!!!

Jamie....ever thought of some mid-lengths for lowered trucks?

The gears are turning Jon. All I need now is a public out-cry demanding we make it happen. Hint, hint.

Btw, what do you think of the pics I sent you?

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-12-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 2673736)
Jamie thanks for letting me help out with this, it was a pleasure. The quality and fit of the headers is outstanding (I can't wait to fire the Suburban up! :D). If anyone wants any more pics of the headers installed, you can check my crewcab or suburban build in my signature.

R/

Thank you Rob. The 'Burb is freakin sweet btw. I think we are all a little envious. :chevy:

jb4short 04-12-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie @ Doug Thorley (Post 2673839)
The gears are turning Jon. All I need now is a public out-cry demanding we make it happen. Hint, hint.

Btw, what do you think of the pics I sent you?

I thought they were perfect. You'd need to check the return angle on the drivers side to make sure they'd snake down through there....but the header is sharp and seems to end at about the right angle

Wasted Income 04-12-2008 11:59 PM

WOW! Those look fantastic!

1FAST68 04-13-2008 02:28 AM

My thorely headers fit great. But mine did not come with bolts,gaskets or reducers.

I would post a pic but it won't let me for some reason.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=286010

Gray Ghost 04-13-2008 02:55 AM

Beautiful work....I like the exit locations...nice and tucked in.

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 04-15-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1FAST68 (Post 2674166)
My thorely headers fit great. But mine did not come with bolts,gaskets or reducers.

I would post a pic but it won't let me for some reason.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=286010

You got a preproduction set and someone dropped the ball before shipping it out. Pm me your address and I will make it right. All other sets will including everything you guys will need.

Jamie

Hart_Rod 04-15-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie @ Doug Thorley (Post 2677966)
You got a preproduction set and someone dropped the ball before shipping it out. Pm me your address and I will make it right. All other sets will including everything you guys will need.

Jamie

I wish all company's had that great of customer service! BZ to DTH, :D.

1FAST68 04-15-2008 10:29 PM

thanks again jamie.

If he wasn't on the board helping I would have just assumed they didn't come with those parts and never asked.

Captkaos 04-16-2008 04:44 AM

I just talked to Nick and got some of these for my 73-87chevytrucks.com pickup with a 6.0L that I plan to put 2 STS turbos on...

Yukon Jack 04-16-2008 11:56 PM

I think the word "impressive" sums up your headers quite well!