The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   gotta pay the mortgage ...I understand (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=769906)

weq92f 08-22-2018 09:50 AM

gotta pay the mortgage ...I understand

Admins killed my post. I was doing a PSA about a real life tragedy asking the board to help by doing the only thing possible with is to write your congressman/senators and ask them to fix it.

I even mentioned what may become necessary regarding my 1967 C10, which is board relevant, and still the post gets taken down.

This is a community of American folk who may be interested to learn about the issues a fellow C10 enthusiast is facing in America.

Apparently the admins think otherwise. Censorship much?

-klb

LockDoc 08-22-2018 10:25 AM

Re: gotta pay the mortgage ...I understand

Posted on every main page under "Forum Guidlines and Rules Updated 04/07/2009"

XVIII. Posts regarding politics or religion are strongly discouraged. These posts tend to create pissing matches and will be closed.

· Any of these violations will lead to your account being suspended for 24 hours or more at the discretion of an Administrator the first time. Any future violations will lead to a permanent suspension of your membership. By becoming a member you agree to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change without notice and a current version is always available in each forum. Furthermore, we reserve the right to "ban" your account for any reason at anytime. Any persons banned for any reason will forfeit there subscription fees to 67-72chevytrucks.com and will not be refunded under any circumstances.

Sorry, I don’t make the rules I just try to keep things running smoothly. I am not an Administrator, I am only a Moderator.

LockDoc

Grumpy old man 08-22-2018 10:29 AM

This is a Chevy truck forum for everyone who wants to can discuss their own truck ,ask questions ,find information and buy and sell parts . Any time you ask others to "write your congressman or senator" your talking politics and the old rule in a bar was never talk politics/religion or nationalities because not everyone agrees . So I'll have to agree with the mods on this one without even knowing what your post was about .

Let's just keep it all about our old trucks and everybody stays happy . :chevy:

leddzepp 08-22-2018 11:20 AM

This is a community of truck enthusiasts from all over the world, not just America. It is also a privately owned website and as such there are rules when you are in someone else’s house. If you were in my house breaking my rules you’d be “censored” real quick :lol: There are PLENTY of platforms on the internet to discuss politics, religion, etc. Thankfully this place is not one of them :metal:

weq92f 08-22-2018 11:39 AM

Not discussing politics.

Liz 08-22-2018 03:14 PM

The post was political, even if unintended by you. It was removed as per the rules. There are plenty of outlets to promote voting on bills etc. This happens to not be one of them.
We would love to have an area for folks to discuss legislature etc. Been there, done that, does not work.

CG 08-23-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8328019)
The post was political, even if unintended by you. It was removed as per the rules. There are plenty of outlets to promote voting on bills etc. This happens to not be one of them.
We would love to have an area for folks to discuss legislature etc. Been there, done that, does not work.

Yeah, I remember, it got a little lively lol