The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   72 Cheyenne Super interior questions (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=444500)

John H. 02-03-2011 12:57 AM

72 Cheyenne Super interior questions

What color should the seat belts be with a parchment interior? It has a black steering wheel, dash pad, carpet, and belts with a parchment houndstooth seat, parchment doorpanels, visors and headliner. Spid lists out Parchment trim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item1c19031222

Tuff Gong 02-03-2011 02:06 AM

Re: 72 Cheyenne Super interior questions

I just looked at that truck on ebay today. Pretty sweet ride. All the supers with parchment interiors i've seen have black seat belts. To add some confusion to that, someone posted the brochures for our trucks. Check out the link, its shows the supers interior and it appears that the belts matched the interior. The example is from a blue truck, so the parchment may be different. I've personally only seen them with black.

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/chevy/72cv/72cv.html

DANTIP 02-03-2011 07:02 AM

That's a very nice looking truck! My well documented Super has Black dash pad, Parchment seat and door panels with Black seat belts. Looks correct to me.

special-K 02-03-2011 07:58 AM

My '72 Cheyenne Super with Parchment interior had Black belts,dash pad,column/wheel,and a/c outlets. The truck had tilt. I figured that's why the Black pieces. The only thing I see as "off" on that truck is the visors should be Parchment.

EDIT: I think you need to edit your post. I went by what you said and didn't look at the truck until after I posted. I see the visors are Parchment,which is correct.

70cst 02-03-2011 09:23 AM

That is a sweet looking BB truck. Good price...try to do a restore for that kind of money. :uhmk:

John H. 02-03-2011 10:24 AM

Truck was listed on CL in Spokane, WA for 10k OBO. I have spoken to the current owner who purchased this from the original owner. States it was never used as a truck to haul much and was not driven in the winter. The outside was painted a different shade of green with metallic, but it seems like a great truck for the $.

jerry moss 02-03-2011 10:41 AM

my 72 super has the same interior combo and black seatbelts. one thing odd about mine, paint is dark olive/white and my glovebox door is black. it is original to my truck as it still has the SPID with the correct V.I.N.. i've only owned one other cheyenne super with the dark olive/white combo and it had a dark olive glovebox door. not sure if mine is a factory goof or what.

leddzepp 02-03-2011 12:54 PM

black seatbelts too in my 72 super with parchment interior
Posted via Mobile Device

CheyLadd 02-03-2011 01:04 PM

Color on my 72 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 is medium red exterior, black steering wheel, parchment steering column, parchment dash pad, white seat with white/black hounds tooth, white seat belts and white headliner. That's how it came from the factory.

Hope this helps.

ls1nova71 02-03-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry moss (Post 4459289)
my 72 super has the same interior combo and black seatbelts. one thing odd about mine, paint is dark olive/white and my glovebox door is black. it is original to my truck as it still has the SPID with the correct V.I.N.. i've only owned one other cheyenne super with the dark olive/white combo and it had a dark olive glovebox door. not sure if mine is a factory goof or what.

I had a super glove box door off a dark olive/white truck with parchment interior that was painted black too. Also have an ochre/white with parchment interior glove box door that's painted black. I assumed that certain color trucks that had parchment interior had the black doors, because I,ve seen dark olive with dark olive interior and the glove box door was green.

sameyrasmea72 02-03-2011 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry moss (Post 4459289)

I have had several original cheyenne supers that have had a black glovebox/with a different color paint. Neither one of the GB doors came off a black truck, so I am sure yours was original.

RenoKeene 02-03-2011 01:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
72 Custom Camper w/ parchment trim and parchment glovebox door.
Seat belts are white.

sameyrasmea72 02-03-2011 01:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CheyLadd (Post 4459496)
Color on my 72 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 is medium red exterior, black steering wheel, parchment steering column, parchment dash pad, white seat with white/black hounds tooth, white seat belts and white headliner. That's how it came from the factory.

Hope this helps.

When you say parchment column and parchment dashpad do you mean sandlewood like this? Sounds correct but the wheel must have been replaced of the last 40 years.

Most parchment cheyenne supers I have seen have had the black seat belts but I have also seen white seat belts like these. When the seatbelts are white it seems the dashpad and steering cloumn/wheel are sandlewood. I know this is Just a Cheyenne, but I can't find any surper pics.

There is a member Maybe "Hotfun" that said all the parchment supers he has seen has had the sandlewood trim.

leddzepp 02-03-2011 02:05 PM

My 72 Ochre Super came with Parchment/houndtooth bench, parchment visors, parchment door panels, black seatbelts, black wheel/column, black dashpad. This is how it came from the factory.

Top of dash is also painted black. 40K original mile survivor truck, with build sheet, so I am sure this is how it came from the factory.

ls1nova71 02-03-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 (Post 4459598)

There is a member Maybe "Hotfun" that said all the parchment supers he has seen has had the sandlewood trim.

Most of the ones I've seen have been this way, except when they originally came with a tilt, then they usually have a black dash pad, and the top of the dash painted black. Not sure on what color seat belts they had though.

CheyLadd 02-03-2011 03:50 PM

My bad. My truck has a full black column and steering wheel. I stand corrected.

Zoomin 02-03-2011 04:26 PM

Med red / white with parchment here: parchment door panels, headliner but the glove box door is black, as is the dash pad and steering column and wheel. Seat belts are black. No tilt either. The dash and ac outlets are red, top of dash is black.
Posted via Mobile Device

sameyrasmea72 02-03-2011 08:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hmmm, interesting thread!!! Looks like I might have to sell my white seat belts and go with the correct black belts. I hate to do that because the white belts sure looks good with white buckets. However, the blacks seem to be the correct ones if you have black carpet and black dash pad.

Does anybody have pics of a 1972 original Cheyenne super with the sandalwood column and dash pad? I am curious as to the color of the carpet. I think the carpet would be a sandal wood color too, but I can’t find any pics.

Or does anybody know if white seat belts could possibly be correct, like maybe the factory used black or white belts sometimes?

72 Super 02-03-2011 08:40 PM

My Black/White 72 Super has Parchment door panels, headliner, seat cover with Black seat belts.

I know we are talking about Super's here, but I had an untouch 71 Hugger Orange/White Cheyenne with Parchment door panels,headliner, seat cover and seatbelts. The top of the dash between the windshield and dash pad and carpet were Saddlewood.

71 super 02-03-2011 09:02 PM

The Last super that i got was original red/white truck with parchment interior and bench seat. It has black dash pad, black tilt and wheel and black seat belts. Another parchment with tilt and black belts...

sameyrasmea72 02-03-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 Super (Post 4460361)
.... but I had an untouch 71 Hugger Orange/White Cheyenne with Parchment door panels,headliner, seat cover and seatbelts. The top of the dash between the windshield and dash pad and carpet were Saddlewood.

Was the dash pad itself sandalwood originally? I 'm betting yes. Looks like trucks that had sandalwood carpet, columns, and dash pads got the white seat belts and trucks with black carpet, columns, and dash pads got black seatbelts.

I wonder if it all has to do with TILTS, since all tilts were black, maybe parchment trucks with tilts got black dash pads, carpet, and seatbelts, while non-tilt parchment trucks got sandalwood columns, carpet, dashdads and white seat belts.

VA72C10 02-03-2011 09:30 PM

interesting thread!

71 super 02-03-2011 10:03 PM

It would seem that the tilt column is the key. Every truck listed so far that got black belts has had the tilt column and the non tilts got the sandlewood and parchment belts.

Zoomin 02-03-2011 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 71 Super
It would seem that the tilt column is the key. Every truck listed so far that got black belts has had the tilt column and the non tilts got the sandlewood and parchment belts.

Except mine. *shrug*

71 super 02-03-2011 10:21 PM

Steve, maybe it is not the tilt but the color of the column then, any black column and black dash pad got a set of black belts? If the column was body color or the dash was a different color then white belts. What color were the belts on one of the blue houndstooth truck with black exterior? If they got a blue pad I would guess they got blue belts, so if you got the black pad and a black column you got black belts.