The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

magwakeenercew2jh 08-16-2015 02:04 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:

Originally Posted by fartblossom (Post 7275068)
I finally achieved light bulb nirvana this weekend. After replacing flashers, connectors, bulbs, sockets and lenses, every STINKING bulb is now working. Even the fiber optic lit column gear indicator, and the glove box light.

Everything works?

That's just not right!!!

;)

fartblossom 08-16-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh (Post 7275196)
Everything works?

That's just not right!!!

;)

Well, the right turn signal isn't switching off. Need a new cancelling cam. So that should make it "right". ;)

88fordf150 08-16-2015 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pushed it outside for a bath.

mud.man.rj 08-16-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88fordf150 (Post 7275294)
Pushed it outside for a bath.

Whooo. like to here that run, she isn't an 88F150, may have to change your handle to chevy power.:metal:

kingstrider 08-16-2015 09:14 PM

I changed the door locks and ignition key to a set that only uses one key instead of two. The hardest part was removing the window crank and door handle, I didn't have a tool so used the rag trick. At least now I can finally lock my doors. Oh I also ordered some more parts from Classic Industries and saved nearly $50 thanks to the 'dog days of summer' sale. That included a new front lamp harness to replace the one that Bubba hacked up.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/611/2...63f7748d_c.jpg

TheCougarine 08-17-2015 05:31 PM

Put on this cool old front plate from the 70's I found online.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8cgwe26o.jpg

9teen69 08-17-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCougarine (Post 7276542)
Put on this cool old front plate from the 70's I found online.

:metal:

toolboxchev 08-17-2015 11:50 PM

Tried to R & R the Pitman Arm, ugh! Even the tool I rented will not pull it off. Years ago when I replaced the steering box the dang thing almost dropped off, now it wont budge.

Even ground down the out side of the arm at the shaft to get the tool to fit better.

Progress yet no results.

hamjet 08-18-2015 10:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I put on some decals and made a new Colt shifter while listening to Hank on the 8 track.. life is good...

9teen69 08-18-2015 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=hamjet;7277402]I put on some decals and made a new Colt shifter while listening to Hank on the 8 track.. life is good...[/QUOTE

That shifter is too cool and love the sticker!

TheCougarine 08-18-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9teen69 (Post 7276961)
:metal:

Thanks!

jethro5333 08-21-2015 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
new fuel tank in. get it hooked up then I can get the interior back in. have to wait til I heal up some more from surgery. not supposed to pick up anything heavy and that seat ain't light.

cooperhw 08-21-2015 05:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got my truck (Homer) to start, stop, go forwards and backwards. Not far mind you (about 10') but under his own power none the less. Milestone after 8 long months of blood, sweat, and tears. Few grinding discs, and some welding wire.:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::met al:

64chevtruck 08-21-2015 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made another adjustment to my caster and camber that worked excelent, Ground down my brake calipers and added a 1/4 inch wheel spacer so I could run stock rims with rings and moons. Then went on a trip to the beach,

CST10 08-21-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64chevtruck (Post 7281005)
I made another adjustment to my caster and camber that worked excelent, Ground down my brake calipers and added a 1/4 inch wheel spacer so I could run stock rims with rings and moons. Then went on a trip to the beach,

Nice truck.

fartblossom 08-22-2015 11:23 AM

I finally stopped my oil plug leak. PO had over-tightened the plug and messed up threads. I tried a simple single oversized plug and no luck. Then I tried this double plug from Dorman and added some high temp sealant to the treads.

http://www.autozone.com/external-eng...hv/133360_0_0/

Since over-tightening again would be no bueno, I slowly tightened it, checking for seeping every 20 minutes, first two times it leaked I tightened an eighth of a turn and waited. Finally stopped. WOOT!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/o7...o=w641-h474-no

firedemon 08-22-2015 04:27 PM

went to start the truck this morning to go to work real hard start and when it did it ran like I was missing a cylinder or two. once I was able to get the rpms up it smothed out but you could still tell something wasn't right . I managed to get it to work poped the hood took off the air cleaner sprayed the carb out good blew some compressed air through the passages still crap . pulled the plugs all look good so I checked the timing because I keep it just loose enough to adjust it when needed couldn't get it to settle out . pulled the cap found the problem points almost closed on high lobe distributor was bone dry it must have rubbed the plastic down enough to close the gap it was 3 thousandths . being a little broke at the moment I had to cheat it a little put some antisieze on the cam and rubbing block on the points to help slow the wear till next week . adjusted it to 18 thousandths set the timing running perfect again . love how easy these are to work on.

magwakeenercew2jh 08-22-2015 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cleaned out the beginning of mouse nests and a few of their "leavings".
Replaced the pic of the "girls" that had suffered from heat exhaustion.

A/C is so cold that I haven't changed the aluminum blank we made for the classier aluminum
one that Tom made and gave me for a wonderful present.... and that I had anodized black.

This fall, for sure!!!

In the meantime, the girls are back in shape.

88Stanger 08-22-2015 05:47 PM

painted the frame. start frame assy. tomorrow.

FIREBALL 08-23-2015 12:44 AM

Well despite I've had a bad sinus infection hitting me lately, I had something irritating me on my truck. So we all know the story if something's driving u crazy in the back of your mind what do u do, figure it out right! Well I was having a issue with my dome was staying on all the time! I traced wiring, headlight switch and so on. Well it turns out apparently/somehow the wrong bulb got put up in the cargo lamp housing and was grounding the dome light to stay on so, problem solved. Lol so while on this journey I decided I was making my cargo light that I never use into a 3rd led brake light so my next project is on......

CST10 08-23-2015 04:07 PM

Well ol Samson got a new battery and a coolant system flush today.

boraxman 08-23-2015 04:30 PM

Got the top of my dash painted a nice black, couple coats...Also fitted my recent board purchase Dakota Digitals to my old bezel...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ps14hy7d2t.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pskktsy0ni.jpg

doc2491 08-23-2015 04:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bought it for my 15 yr old....first vehicle. 67 with 69 front end. 70k original miles. He loves it!!

jdalexa84 08-23-2015 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I changed the gauges out in my cluster to the ones from a 76+ square body. I like having numbers in stead of letters

jdalexa84 08-23-2015 05:23 PM

How do I rotate an image