The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   02 burb key fob won't take programming (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=850807)

Tom 02-19-2024 07:31 PM

02 burb key fob won't take programming

The programming for the fob is pretty simple:
insert key
hold unlock on door panel
cycle key on and off twice
let go of unlock button

I've done this and gotten the locks to cycle when I let go of the unlock button, telling me its in learning mode. But then when I hold the remote buttons down, the truck never responds and won't program. Any ideas what could be the issue?

hatzie 02-20-2024 04:03 PM

Re: 02 burb key fob won't take programming

Check the basics.
Is the battery in the fob good?
Is it the correct fob for your truck?

Tom 02-21-2024 05:28 PM

Brand new fob.
Replaced battery just in case.
Confirmed with my buddies known working FOB for his burb.

hatzie 02-22-2024 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 9289601)
Brand new fob.
Replaced battery just in case.
Confirmed with my buddies known working FOB for his burb.

Sounds like it might be the wrong fob for your rig or it's just plain bad. Infant mortalities are not unusual in Asian electronic parts.

Even if the part number on the case is correct the board inside may not be correct for your rig.

Some TPMS tools have a remote FOB test mode to check whether a signal is being sent by a FOB.

Tom 02-24-2024 05:48 PM

Yes but I used a known good working same fob from my buddies truck and my truck wouldn't take it either.
I can even activate key learn mode with a scanner and it won't detect either fob.

EVRLET 02-25-2024 08:38 PM

One thing to consider with these NBS trucks is that you can program 3 key fobs to a single truck. When you go into Tech 2 for programming, you will see 3 slots. One thing I could never confirm and may be the possibility here is that once you program 3 fobs, then that’s it. I have found no way to delete fobs to open a space to program another.

Like I said, never been able to confirm this theory, but have experienced what you mentioned and Tech 2 data with all 3 spaces taken was the common denominator with the various trucks I have worked on.

Just a thought…

hatzie 02-27-2024 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVRLET (Post 9290821)
One thing to consider with these NBS trucks is that you can program 3 key fobs to a single truck. When you go into Tech 2 for programming, you will see 3 slots. One thing I could never confirm and may be the possibility here is that once you program 3 fobs, then that’s it. I have found no way to delete fobs to open a space to program another.

Like I said, never been able to confirm this theory, but have experienced what you mentioned and Tech 2 data with all 3 spaces taken was the common denominator with the various trucks I have worked on.

Just a thought…

Delete all three and start from 0 programmed. That's the way I've always done it. I've never tried to program just one.