The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Highlander seat covers (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=391590)

Bill72 03-11-2010 07:13 PM

Highlander seat covers

Does anyone know of a source for Highlander seat covers?
I know the material is available from SMS but need to find someone who does excellent work to put them together or make them up completely.

Are you Highlander guys getting seat covers completely made up or buying a set of vinyl or houndstooth covers and having the Highlander cloth installed?
Thanks

John H. 03-11-2010 11:21 PM

Re: Highlander seat covers

search yellowblazer1969. He should be able to help you.

Bill72 03-12-2010 02:19 AM

PM'd him a couple days ago. Still no answer. I hope he's still doing this kind of work. I'm trying to find another source in case he can't do it.

Firebirdjones 03-14-2010 07:25 PM

He just did a complete setup for me about 3 months ago. I'm sure he is still doing it. It was about a 3-4 week turnaround. Very happy with the covers, great quality.

72highlander 03-15-2010 11:23 PM

I bought my plaid from sms and having my parts guy send it off to his upholstery guy to build the covers. I even sent a scroll to have put in the rear like it should have. They should be done soon, i'll post pics when they are done.

Firebirdjones 03-15-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72highlander (Post 3863006)
I bought my plaid from sms and having my parts guy send it off to his upholstery guy to build the covers. I even sent a scroll to have put in the rear like it should have. They should be done soon, i'll post pics when they are done.

Guess you won't be needing my scroll then.

Firebirdjones 03-15-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill72 (Post 3855721)
PM'd him a couple days ago. Still no answer. I hope he's still doing this kind of work. I'm trying to find another source in case he can't do it.

Bill, got your PM and sent you the contact info I used while working with him. Hope that helps you out.

Gillnetter 03-16-2010 12:15 AM

Anybody have contact info for SMS? Looking for material to repair my blue bench in my highlander pickup.

Bill72 03-16-2010 12:56 AM

smsautofabrics.com
503-263-3535

72highlander 03-16-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebirdjones (Post 3863087)
Guess you won't be needing my scroll then.

Wasn't the scroll i was wanting, was the seat back material on rear, but hadn't heard from you and didn't want to pester you so I was going to have them proceed with regular vinyl on rear. I would still like to have them if you were interested in parting with them, but didn't want to be a bother.

Firebirdjones 03-17-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72highlander (Post 3863872)
Wasn't the scroll i was wanting, was the seat back material on rear, but hadn't heard from you and didn't want to pester you so I was going to have them proceed with regular vinyl on rear. I would still like to have them if you were interested in parting with them, but didn't want to be a bother.

You are more than welcome to it. I'm sorry about the delay, I just don't get on here that much, seems every few days or so. I'm knee deep in a frame off resto, and I am forgetfull,,,so please pester me all you want, I need it ;)

chevytom7267 10-22-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill72 (Post 3863186)
smsautofabrics.com
503-263-3535

Does anyone know if this company will duplicate the original Highlander pattern? I don't have it, I did not know my truck had the Highlander package until someone from this club told me, I installed hounds tooth. It cost me quite a bit, but I still would love to correct it. My truck's exterior is Ochre & white, I'm prety sure they offered a color to match it? Can anybody help? I will try calling the # you posted.

chevytom7267 10-22-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytom7267 (Post 4968137)
Does anyone know if this company will duplicate the original Highlander pattern? I don't have it, I did not know my truck had the Highlander package until someone from this club told me, I installed hounds tooth. It cost me quite a bit, but I still would love to correct it. My truck's exterior is Ochre & white, I'm prety sure they offered a color to match it? Can anybody help? I will try calling the # you posted.

I did see Jim Carter truck parts has a nice write up on the highlander option, but I don't see any seat upholstery offered other than hounds tooth?

kcsa75 10-22-2011 11:59 PM

The Highlander plaid came in black, green, blue and yellow/gold from the factory. SMS has the correct fabric. They will send you a sample if you request it. If you have a good upholstery guy, he can take the houndstooth out of your existing seat cover and sew in the Highlander Plaid.

If you want to replace everything, reach out to Pickupman. He can get you a Highlander Seat Cover. It's custom made and kind of pricey, but it's the only one I've found.

chevytom7267 10-23-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsa75 (Post 4968161)
The Highlander plaid came in black, green, blue and yellow/gold from the factory. SMS has the correct fabric. They will send you a sample if you request it. If you have a good upholstery guy, he can take the houndstooth out of your existing seat cover and sew in the Highlander Plaid.

If you want to replace everything, reach out to Pickupman. He can get you a Highlander Seat Cover. It's custom made and kind of pricey, but it's the only one I've found.

Thank you much, I will try to call SMS then maybe Pickupman. Tom

Firebirdjones 10-23-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsa75 (Post 4968161)
The Highlander plaid came in black, green, blue and yellow/gold from the factory.

Don't forget orange ;)

kcsa75 10-25-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebirdjones (Post 4969303)
Don't forget orange ;)

Actually, the yellow/gold I was referring to is the orange. I stand corrected.

Firebirdjones 10-25-2011 01:55 PM

Ooops, sorry. I just thought there was another color you mentioned that I simply wasn't aware of. It's all good. ;)

Wouldn't of surprised me if highlander was made in yellow, camaro's had yellow houndstooth in 69.

chevytom7267 10-25-2011 08:24 PM

Actually according to Jim Carter Truck Parts' web site the highlander seats came in 4 different colors; blue, gray, Avocado, & orange. Now that I see this I think my truck probably had the gray, since my truck is Ochre & White two tone.

chevytom7267 10-25-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytom7267 (Post 4973387)
Actually according to Jim Carter Truck Parts' web site the highlander seats came in 4 different colors; blue, gray, Avocado, & orange. Now that I see this I think my truck probably had the gray, since my truck is Ochre & White two tone.

Here's the web site link
http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/blog/i...72-highlander/