The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   55.2-59 700r4 transmission & 350 ramjet engine installation (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=776057)

56hotrodred 11-25-2018 11:04 PM

700r4 transmission & 350 ramjet engine installation

I am looking for information on how to properly connect my 700r4 to my 350 ramjet engine.

I have been researching and reading about the throttle cable, TV cable and am also finding info about a kick down cable!

Does anybody have any good pictures of how the throttle and TV cables are hooked up to the ramjet 350 engine?

Do I also need a kick down cable?

I do have a throttle cable and bracket from Lokar and the transmission came with a TV cable already installed!

I also ordered a kick down cable from Lokar but again am finding conflicting information on using it.

I have PM'd Ogre for information as he has this same combination and am waiting to hear back from him.

Any assistance would be appreciated and a good picture or two would be great.

Thanks in advance.

bobinbc 11-26-2018 02:56 AM

Re: 700r4 transmission & 350 ramjet engine installation

700r4 doesn't have a kickdown cable only TV cable. You need to make sure your Lokar throttle cable bracket is also TV cable bracket. Not sure of the part number right now but I think I had one on my 65 Nova. Maybe check Lokar website? I don't have any experience with the Ramjet engine, doesn't it come with brackets on the fuel injection for the cables?

Driver_WT 11-26-2018 09:38 AM

Here is some info for you http://www.tvmadeez.com/about.php and some more http://www.tvmadeez.com/accel-1000_cam/

56hotrodred 11-26-2018 01:18 PM

Hey thanks for your responses.

I did just contact Lokar and they said that their "GM EFI Hi-Tech Kickdown Kit" that I have is listed to cover several transmissions, including the 700R4, does in fact function as a TV cable on my transmission.

Problem solved. Except for the final adjustments needed to set it up properly. One step at a time...

I should have asked them first off. I figured somehow that I needed both and could not see a way to hook both up.

I should have everything I need all ready.

Driver_WT 11-26-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56hotrodred (Post 8392772)
Hey thanks for your responses.

I did just contact Lokar and they said that their "GM EFI Hi-Tech Kickdown Kit" that I have is listed to cover several transmissions, including the 700R4, does in fact function as a TV cable on my transmission.

Problem solved. Except for the final adjustments needed to set it up properly. One step at a time...

I should have asked them first off. I figured somehow that I needed both and could not see a way to hook both up.

I should have everything I need all ready.

That's great. I think there is some good info on the links I provided that will help you set up the TV cable.

56hotrodred 11-26-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver_WT (Post 8392779)
That's great. I think there is some good info on the links I provided that will help you set up the TV cable.

Yes absolutely!!!

I have already looked at them and will be printing them off to set things up. I was a little scared about removing the stock-looking black TV cable and replacing it with something else, now the cable I have, but it actually does not look too bad.

Going back out real soon to install pedal, two cables and new bracket on engine.

Then I will have to fine tune down the road.

I just got confirmation from the body shop that its not a big deal that the truck will not be running when they get it back for the remainder of the body work. I was thinking that I could have it running but not all the bugs worked out. I was worried that they would accidentally screw something up even with their short starts. He said they would push it from booth to booth.

So I might put fluids in engine and prime it and fill the transmission then wrap them in plastic to keep the dust out. I hate that sanding dust! It gets everywhere!

I have a month to get it to them.

_Ogre 11-26-2018 07:18 PM

i posted the info you needed in my thread before i saw this
ididit has a ramjet bracket

i was out of town for the past 4 days, didn't see your pm

Leonardoo 12-02-2018 10:20 AM

You can find a video of how to adjust the cable and other common problems and troubleshooting with the transmission here. PM me for more information also if you want

Source

_Ogre 12-05-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56hotrodred (Post 8392492)
I am looking for information on how to properly connect my 700r4 to my 350 ramjet engine.

did you get the bracket? everything should fall into to place