The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The date is set LonghornMan is coming to the NW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=258146)

CG 09-13-2007 12:35 AM

The date is set LonghornMan is coming to the NW

Ok all NW people Andy is coming on Sept, 29th. He is going to pick up the ochre burb and the parts burb here in Monroe. I would like as many NW members to come out for a BBQ, and a little work party to make the burb a little more road worthy. There are some rubber fuel lines and heater hoses to replace. I think he is going to change the tranny fluid and filter. Also he is going to convert to HEI before he hits the road. This is a rain or shine deal. I have plenty of room to park our trucks, and plenty of room to get out of the rain (if it decides to rain that is).

I can provide hamburgers, hot dogs and soda (Sorry, I would prefer no alcohol, its my in laws place where this will be happening and I don't want any incidences). I don't have a portable BBQ though, any volunteers for that? Let me know here or by pm if you want to come out and if you want to help with any of the eats or do a little wrenching.

When we have planned these little get togethers in the past there is lots of interest, but in the end very few people end up coming. There are a ton of NW people on this board and personally I think we could easily have more people show up than were at the big meet earlier in the year. Umm, sorry no camping its a one day deal :)

Its one Saturday in September...summers over, it should be easy to clear your plate for one day of truck fun.

I think Andy will post his route also so people can be ready in case he has any problems. A lot of you guys have already gave him your info. This should be an interesting journey.

Mark

CG 09-13-2007 09:23 AM

Re: The date is set LonghornMan is coming to the NW

If we can get enough people its been brought to my attention we can print up some road trip t-shirts.

Keep the suggestions coming. This may end up being an event we can do once a year. Someone back east wants to buy one our NW rigs and flys out and drives back. :lol: Wonder what we can sell Liz or Josh?

Longhorn Man 09-13-2007 10:40 AM

For those not knowing whats goin on... view this thread;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254669
And a sneak peak at whats on that thread;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1187573593

:metal: :metal: :metal:
is it the 29th yet?

Spray-Bomb 09-13-2007 10:57 AM

When are you gonna post up your route ???

Longhorn Man 09-13-2007 11:13 AM

I'll probably sit down and figure it all out this evening.

weasel29gm 09-13-2007 11:28 AM

Glad that ole' Andy is gonna get it!!!

Bob Moore 09-13-2007 11:36 AM

CG - I am familiar on how to get to Monroe but --- I need a street address. Please post it here or PM me.

Thanks - Bob

Longhorn Man 09-13-2007 11:40 AM

lol... yeah, I need it too! :lol:

toms68cst 09-13-2007 01:43 PM

That's a heII of a trip.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=OH&2z=&r=f

You should take I-94 through the upper midwest states!

Classic Heartbeat 09-13-2007 02:07 PM

I will have to check my callender. I think that Andy was planning a trip down to my place too?? I could bring my grill that we use for our annual truck show. Maybe a couple of Classic Heartbeat "T" shirts..lol WES

67ChevyRedneck 09-13-2007 04:43 PM

The real question is, is Andy going to drive that pristine western body in the Ohio winters? Be a hell of a shame ;)

Best of luck when you go!

Edit: Looked at the map. WOW is that going to be one hell of a trip!

Johnnyreb 09-13-2007 04:58 PM

good luck on your trip bro

johnnyreb

Ackattack 09-13-2007 05:11 PM

I don't have any plans for the 29th yet, so I'll try to keep it open.

bad6772 09-13-2007 06:01 PM

good luck longhorn man...looks like a fun trip... if you need any help road side repair... in the indiana area let me know and ill get you my number......

mtdave2 09-13-2007 07:38 PM

sweet burb bro. wish i could make it! id love to hang out with you guys. alas, im stuck in texas.

70cst 09-13-2007 08:13 PM

Hey Andy...
If you stop at Classic Heartbeat...Don't forget to get my Hot Dog sandwiches that WESS owes me from a couple years back. :lol: I have been fasting for the last couple of years waiting for my sandwiches. :haha: You have the support of thousands, maybe hundred of thousands of followers. :hmm:

ryanroo 09-13-2007 08:41 PM

well iffin you follow that route posted, you will be coming directly through my neck of the woods. can pm ya a # if ya want.
oh yeah, you suck, i want a burb
J/K good luck, glad to see the expanding of the heerd
Ryan

Longhorn Man 09-13-2007 09:00 PM

I'm not gonna say the burb will never see snow, however, I DO plan on havin it parked in the sloppy months. Plus, I am so anal on the definition of clean, it'll get cleaned REAL GOOD any time salty air even gets close to it.
You can ask fine69.. he's seen my tools at work, EVERYTHING keeps clean.
Wes, yeah, i am plannin on swingin by there... been considering a set of 67-70 style front and rear bumpers... if the funds show up in time that is. There's a pretty stong chance of it happening too from the looks of things. With no shipping, what kinda numbers we lookin at? That's like 260 for the 2 of them right? (haven't honestly priced them in a long time) Oh yeah Wes... I was told to pick up a hot dog? :confused: :crazy: If you have it, I'll just eat it and tell that cat that he missed out. ;)
70CST... you got it bro, I'll try to get the hot dog! :lol:
Bad6772, and ryanroo... If you guys would like to PM me your contact info... I'm takin down all the numbers I can... for the 'just in case' factor. I'll be havin notes for every state I pass though, and names and numbers will be in my notes.
Dave... I already PM'd you a nastygram on this.... COME AROUND MORE OFTEN MAN! ;)
Tom68CST, that looks like the route I was considering. I need to open the Atlas and take a good look at it before I comit to it and say that's the actual plan.

oldiron 09-13-2007 09:06 PM

CG I will be over to help. PM me a map how to get to your place.

msgross 09-13-2007 09:20 PM

2500 miles!

That will be an adventure...

lyrikz 09-13-2007 09:42 PM

CG, i live in monroe washington on frylands blvd. Just picked up a 71 stepside. You dont happen to have a welder do you? HAHAH.....

Glad to see a fellow members close. Kidding about the welder, but wouldnt mind coming to the bbq.

CG 09-13-2007 09:45 PM

Ill post directions or a map this weekend. To be honest I was hoping for a better response from the NW crowd. (Yeah I realize its only been a day, heh) A few here and some pm's. Cmon folks this is more of a get together than anything else. Working on the burb isn't a requirement...lol. We need people to eat and bs with too.

Welcome to the board lyrikz...there are a few members that live in the Monroe and the outlying areas. Hope you make it to the BBQ.

Longhorn Man 09-13-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Working on the burb isn't a requirement...lol. We need people to eat and bs with too.
It isn't a requirement???
I was hopin to sit in a director's chair and flirt with someone's wife! :haha:
(I'm just kidding... I don't need the chair!)

chevydog66 09-13-2007 09:53 PM

I wouldn't take 94 thru Chicago. I hate driving thru Chicago, unless it's 3am. Duck down thru Indy. I'm 1.5 hours north of Indy, but he** you're almost home then. Good luck!! Have fun!!

Longhorn Man 09-13-2007 10:17 PM

I've done Chicago once... it wasn't too bad (down town, rush hr, on a friday morning) but i don't particularly wanna do it in an old truck with another old truck strapped to the bumper.
The route I am about to look at doesn't include that though.