The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I've been practicing for a broken hip. Why wait? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=503601)

Sillyoldman 01-15-2012 01:58 PM

I've been practicing for a broken hip. Why wait?

2 Attachment(s)
This past August I took a fall that cost me a couple broken ribs & fingers. I'm fine now but one of my fingers doesn't work very well now. I have not landed on my butt very many times since I was a kid. I was at my mothers house to pick my daughter up when I was walking back to the truck I almost went down. Moms driveway apparently has a new break in it. I caught it and did a forward leaning orangatang run until I was able to get my arm pits over the top of one of them comfy chain link fence. It started to snow here so I figured I'd better get our vehicles to the road from our steep driveway. Well I went down hard on the driveway today. I suppose it's better to break a hip now while I am still able to heal from one.:lol:

NONHOG 01-15-2012 02:30 PM

Re: I've been practicing for a broken hip. Why wait?

1 Attachment(s)
Your sis-in-law bit it on the way to get the paper this morning.:dohh:

Dang drain spout!

Attachment 856675

Sillyoldman 01-15-2012 02:43 PM

Give Nanci a hug for me (But don't tell her I didn't mean it:lol:). I'm not sure how long it will last but it's seriously snowing right now.:metal:

kingsolver72 01-15-2012 04:17 PM

Typically if I fall it's on ice and I either have my hands in my pockets or I am carrying something. 2 years ago I was pulling a roll of carpet out of my van,lost my grip and started back pedaling trying to stay on my feet..momentum got the best of me...I did a pretty good break fall (my head didn't hit the ground)land on my butt hard...I was hurtingbfor a good week.
Posted via Mobile Device

Indian113 01-15-2012 04:24 PM

When my oldest daughter was a baby, I was taking her to the baby sitter and fell on some ice. All I could think was protect my daughter!!! I did she didn't get hurt at all-me broke my left arm in 2 places:lol:

I would do it again;)

LEEVON 01-15-2012 04:34 PM

Glad you're ok at first I thought you DID break your hip and then I though...wait, SOM isn't THAT old, or IS he...?

Falling as an adult sucks, reminds you that you're not so resilient and nimble anymore. I've only fallen two times that were memorable in adulthood (lets say over 21 for arguments sake, like when you're done with sports and wrestling your friends on the ground and generally getting out of shape). Once was in a Miami downpour, running to get into my office, I slipped on the deck and hit the ground flat on my back hard but not before grabbing the door handle and ripping it clean off (metal door, metal hardware). By the time I got off the ground and went to the next door I was soaked to the underwear and spent the afternoon shivering in pain in my office and I had to call somebody to fix the door because the whole thing was jacked :lol:

Then a year or two ago I slipped in the bathroom and my goot hit the wall so hard it bruised the whole thing including my heel deep down (painful!). I wish I had hit in between the studs and my foot had gone through it would have hurt less!

CG 01-15-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyoldman (Post 5124409)
This past August I took a fall that cost me a couple broken ribs & fingers. I'm fine now but one of my fingers doesn't work very well now. I have not landed on my butt very many times since I was a kid. I was at my mothers house to pick my daughter up when I was walking back to the truck I almost went down. Moms driveway apparently has a new break in it. I caught it and did a forward leaning orangatang run until I was able to get my arm pits over the top of one of them comfy chain link fence. It started to snow here so I figured I'd better get our vehicles to the road from our steep driveway. Well I went down hard on the driveway today. I suppose it's better to break a hip now while I am still able to heal from one.:lol:

Sillyoldman 01-15-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 5124734)

:lol:

krazy_texan 01-15-2012 08:28 PM

when my son was just over a year old i fell with him in the sears parking lot walking around my truck. i didnt drop him but i got hurt no broken bones though, i had some sweet old lady come over and hold him while i got up. I seen my friend last year slip and land on the bottom step of his porch looked like it hurt really bad.

jb1016 01-15-2012 08:52 PM

Thanks for the vid SOM, I'm still laughing:lol: