The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Blazer tub w clear title (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=802117)

fun in dirt 03-02-2020 03:28 PM

Blazer tub w clear title

I am scavenging the good drive train parts & chopping front frame off my Blazer to convert a c20 truck to a K20 ... so what is a good Blazer tub only with a clean title?
It does have cut front fenders & rear fender for 37" tire clearances but done neatly & not a hack job.
It will be missing some interior things like all dash stuff, , wiring, front seats.
But will have roll cage, rear seat, harness type belts, fuel lines, filter & 15 gall cell included with tub.
Exterior will be missing grill, hood latch assy, radiator support, & front inner fenders.
It has very little rust, some on inner part of tailgate & suspect some in inner rockers, but over the years we have fixed most all of it. You can see pics of it in my signature "the Bucket" post #95 when we painted it 4 years ago.

Not ready to sell right now, but trying to plan ahead.

litebulblsc 03-30-2020 09:58 PM

Re: Blazer tub w clear title

It is worth enough not to cut the frame. Cut the rivets for the spring hangers and put the c20 front suspension under it and sell it as a 2wd swap starter.

Edit- after looking at pics, I would probably sell as is for best money decision. Just buy 4wd conversion parts from some where

fun in dirt 03-31-2020 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Too late for that :uhmk:
Nobody with a WIW $ suggestion for me???

a1vintage69 03-31-2020 09:20 PM

That looks really decent. I am just guessing but with the title and tub $3 to 5 grand for someone with a rusty tub but who does have a decent frame. is the soft top included? you can always start high and come down if no responses. not much help for you, good luck.a1

fun in dirt 04-01-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1vintage69 (Post 8706112)
That looks really decent. I am just guessing but with the title and tub $3 to 5 grand for someone with a rusty tub but who does have a decent frame. is the soft top included? you can always start high and come down if no responses. not much help for you, good luck.a1

That's about what I had in mind too - thanks for the confirmation!
Yes soft top (& also have a bimini top) can go with it.

scott123 04-06-2020 08:34 AM

I wish you were closer.

I have a nice Blazer frame from a leftover project and also just took what I wanted off a 73 long bed 4WD. Frame and rear ends in tact.

I'm in NC and with this corona crap am working 55+ hours per week.

Good luck.

I see the damage is done but I would have looked for another donor and tries to sell the Blazer complete. But if look back to all the things I cut, shopped, butchered for parts over the years I would need an intervention. LOL

Scott