The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PA WTB set of tan 3 point seatbelts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=844867)

Chevy nutcase 05-30-2023 07:30 PM

WTB set of tan 3 point seatbelts

Looking to upgrade the lap belt and aviation style buckle in my 66 c10 and I would rather give one of you fine folks my money vs some overseas outfit. I suppose a set from an 88-98 would work as well. Show me what u got :burnout:

TKCR 06-01-2023 10:33 AM

Re: WTB set of tan 3 point seatbelts

Our belts on the 76-87 are 3pt belts, but they are not the aviation style. They are just GM buckles. I restore our belts, and I have a thread in the 73-87 area. And I also have a link on my signature at the bottom, for my FB Page that I have for the belts.

Chevy nutcase 06-01-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 9208578)
Our belts on the 76-87 are 3pt belts, but they are not the aviation style. They are just GM buckles. I restore our belts, and I have a thread in the 73-87 area. And I also have a link on my signature at the bottom, for my FB Page that I have for the belts.

I'm trying to get away from the aviation style. Sorry for any confusion

TKCR 06-01-2023 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase (Post 9208630)
I'm trying to get away from the aviation style. Sorry for any confusion

Ahh, ok i I understand. That is how it took it, that you were wanting to upgrade to the aviation style.
Well take a look at my thread or FB page, I’m sure I can get you setup with something. But there are several shades of tan on our belts. The 73-75 are the 2pt belts. The 1976 is the 1st style 3pt belts. Then 77 and up are the most common 3 point belts that you find in our trucks.
So here are the different shades of tan according to the years. The only one that is missing on my part is the Sand. I don’t use or see too many of that shade.

Chevy nutcase 06-01-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 9208650)
Ahh, ok i I understand. That is how it took it, that you were wanting to upgrade to the aviation style.
Well take a look at my thread or FB page, I’m sure I can get you setup with something. But there are several shades of tan on our belts. The 73-75 are the 2pt belts. The 1976 is the 1st style 3pt belts. Then 77 and up are the most common 3 point belts that you find in our trucks.
So here are the different shades of tan according to the years. The only one that is missing on my part is the Sand. I don’t use or see too many of that shade.

The 77 and up style in camel or saddle is perfect. After looking at your page it would seem I'd need to supply a set to you for restoring.

TKCR 06-01-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase (Post 9208662)
The 77 and up style in camel or saddle is perfect. After looking at your page it would seem I'd need to supply a set to you for restoring.

Sending you a PM

rwjtexas 06-02-2023 08:36 PM

If you still need a set for a 77 in tan, I can send pictures of a set I bought in the event I needed parts to restore mine. I do not need these at all and will be glad to make you a deal if you still need. Let me know if you need pictures.
Thanks,
Rob

TKCR 06-02-2023 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwjtexas (Post 9208970)
If you still need a set for a 77 in tan, I can send pictures of a set I bought in the event I needed parts to restore mine. I do not need these at all and will be glad to make you a deal if you still need. Let me know if you need pictures.
Thanks,
Rob

Go ahead and post a picture. If he passes, I might be interested also.

rwjtexas 06-02-2023 09:43 PM

Hey Tina... I will get pics posted tomorrow. BTW ... Thanks again from before as You helped me in searching for my 85 back seat receivers. I still hope to get in line for mine to be restored when you begin taking reservations this fall.

TKCR 06-02-2023 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwjtexas (Post 9208991)
Hey Tina... I will get pics posted tomorrow. BTW ... Thanks again from before as You helped me in searching for my 85 back seat receivers. I still hope to get in line for mine to be restored when you begin taking reservations this fall.

Sending a PM

rwjtexas 06-03-2023 08:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures for the 77 I had purchased earlier this year. Let me know if you are interested before offering these up to others.
These are for a pickup and I drive a Blazer.
Thanks,
Rob

TKCR 06-03-2023 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I’ll let Chevy nutcase have first dibs since he started this thread asking for belts. If he passes I’ll most likely be interested depending on price.
Chevy nutcase, just so you’re aware, for these to work you’ll truck will need the hole in the door jamb by the striker for the black retractors to mount on the b pillar. See pictures for reference

Chevy nutcase 06-04-2023 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwjtexas (Post 9209202)
Here are the pictures for the 77 I had purchased earlier this year. Let me know if you are interested before offering these up to others.
These are for a pickup and I drive a Blazer.
Thanks,
Rob

I appreciate the pics but after TKCR pointed out how the retractor mounts I'll have to pass. I still have the tank behind the seat and I don't think I could mount them properly. I didn't know this was how these years were set up. I feel like asking a mod to delete this thread

rwjtexas 06-04-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase (Post 9209337)
I appreciate the pics but after TKCR pointed out how the retractor mounts I'll have to pass. I still have the tank behind the seat and I don't think I could mount them properly. I didn't know this was how these years were set up. I feel like asking a mod to delete this thread

I understand.... I hope you can figure out a way to update in a way that will work for your set up.

Good Luck to you !

TKCR 06-04-2023 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase (Post 9209337)

You would need the more common style 3 point belt to work in your truck. Those were only a one year thing 76/77.