The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Summit Racing (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368129)

Benelli 10-20-2009 10:28 PM

Summit Racing

Ordered a pair of mufflers, didn't come for two weeks, emailed them about it then they next day air mailed it to me.

They where good about it... I recommend them.

t&tkennels 10-24-2009 05:18 PM

Re: Summit Racing

Hard to beat summit, i always order my performance parts from them , have even ordered tires from them. Never a problem.:smoke:

Tater 10-24-2009 05:42 PM

I've always had good luck with Summit.I've had equally good luck with Jegs also

jholley 10-24-2009 10:59 PM

Summit is great. Everything I've ever ordered from them showed up in 3 days or less with regular shipping.

big_al_71 10-27-2009 03:20 PM

I have had great results with them for years...

MacAttack 11-05-2009 05:12 PM

:smoke: Yep - good people.

I was going through documents I saved for my build book over the last 18 months and I've spent an insane amount of money with them. Of course I'll have to drive my truck to the moon and back to justify it, but that's okay.

Tx Firefighter 11-07-2009 09:30 AM

In the mid 90's I worked at a GM dealership. As a sideline, I fixed up new trucks for people. I can't count the number of Bell Tech spindles, springs, and flip kits I ordered from them. Lots of 17 inch billet Centerline wheels too. Folks piss and moan about the 12 dollar handling charge that Summit has, but it's still a good deal. A full 4/6 lowering kit and 4 wheels weighs a lot and 12 bucks for handling charge is a killer deal. I get my stuff from them in 4 days. Lately, I've been ordering about once a month from them. Never a screw up.

atopper 04-24-2010 02:37 AM

yea usually when ya order from summit or jegs as soon as ya get off the phone and turn around ya trip over what ya just ordered . haha some awesome shipping service they have

N2TRUX 04-24-2010 12:49 PM

I have to jump in on this too. I have had great results from Summit on many parts orders. When it came time to buy the Ramjet 350 for my 77 Cheyenne, I shopped the net for weeks trying to find the best deal. I called the top three suppliers, and none of them had it in stock. It would be dropped shipped from GM in 4 to 6 weeks.

I called Summit and asked them if they had it in stock, and they did. I gave them a link to my best deal which they matched. The icing on the cake was they were offering free shipping at that time. They squealed a bit about free shipping and price match, but they honored it.

I had the motor in my builders shop that week....:metal:

mbgmike 04-24-2010 05:36 PM

Yeah I like them both and have used both I grew up in Ohio and met Jeg when he opened his first store. First Speed shop I was ever in. We beat there prices and also Summits on most all parts unless they have an exclusive we can't handle it and parts will ship just as fast.

redneckgirl 04-24-2010 08:43 PM

I have always had good luck with them as well. I recently had a problem with a part failing soon after I purchased it from them. Had absolutely no problem exchanging it for a replacement. Their customer service is actually geared towards keeping the customer happy.....amazing these days :rolleyes:

p.s.....Mike....I'll definately be keping that in mind :D

Pyrotechnic 05-15-2010 11:10 PM

Had very good luck with them. Even when I had issues with the product they were all about making it right.

Also, I noticed recently that for small/light/low cost items, they are doing a $5 handling fee instead. I suppose it depends on the item but that really helps if you just need something small you cant get locally.

lt704 06-14-2010 04:06 PM

I ordered my shorty headers from them 2 years ago. I was talking to the tech person on what item number to order, I was very unsure if the the headers would fit, due to the origanal 6 cyl was changed to a 8 cyl. 350. The tech spent some time with me and the headers fit perferctly, great co. to order from.

junkyardjohn 06-15-2010 01:02 AM

I'VE ALWAYS HAD GREAT LUCK WITH THEY'RE PRODUCTS , & THEY'RE SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH. :chevy: JOHN

chris mc bride 07-18-2010 11:04 AM

Ive used summt,jegs and doug herbert performance over the years.I've never had a problem with any of them.If your harley guy you need to check Jireh cycles also they are great too. I guess if your in mail order ,you need to be quick to survive and if you've been around for as long as all of above have then you must be good or you would be gone.