The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Blazer SPID thread? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=586670)

doo142 02-13-2015 03:37 PM

Re: Blazer SPID thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chulisohombre (Post 7046576)
nice blazer evan. Highly optioned. How's the interior. Being a z84 truck i always like seeing the insides.

x2

1956cameo 02-13-2015 04:11 PM

Here is the SPID to my 72 Blazer. Factory 2wd. Can someone tell me exactly what the California Assembly and California Processing options consisted of? I know that it was something that vehicles that were destined for California had to have but what was it exactly? I guess that means my Blazer was sold originally in California? I ended up getting it from a board member in Louisiana who found it in Central Georgia. That is all the history about it I have though.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/DSC_0018.jpg

A picture of the blazer in its current under construction state.
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps59f0a58c.jpg

Evan68chevy 02-13-2015 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice blazer evan. Highly optioned. How's the interior. Being a z84 truck I always like seeing the insides

Thank you for the compliments!! I wish it had the plaid highlander (that's the z84 right?)seats still in it but looks like the previous owner/owners recovered or got some different seats. These are a couple pics of the first night I got it about a year and a half ago

Evan68chevy 02-13-2015 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another

PGG 03-22-2015 06:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is mine seems to open some questions for me.
I dont see the CST listed like on some others.
Is mine pretending to be a CST? PG :waah:

asolde 03-22-2015 08:10 AM

I believe what makes it a custom is the Cheyenne equipment package. You have a nice custom truck!

SS Tim 03-22-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGG (Post 7100850)
Here is mine seems to open some questions for me.
I dont see the CST listed like on some others.
Is mine pretending to be a CST? PG :waah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by asolde (Post 7100878)
I believe what makes it a custom is the Cheyenne equipment package. You have a nice custom truck!

Correct, the RPO Z84 Cheyenne Equipment line on the SPID is the CST package. No worries there.

SS Tim 03-22-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan68chevy (Post 7047271)
Nice blazer evan. Highly optioned. How's the interior. Being a z84 truck I always like seeing the insides

Thank you for the compliments!! I wish it had the plaid highlander (that's the z84 right?)seats still in it but looks like the previous owner/owners recovered or got some different seats. These are a couple pics of the first night I got it about a year and a half ago

Close, RPO Z84 was the CST trim package. Highlanders were an upgrade of the Z84 adding the plaid cloth and special trim combintation. So since you also have the trim code 677, your Blazer was a factory blue plaid Highlander.

SS Tim 03-22-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1956cameo (Post 7047105)
Here is the SPID to my 72 Blazer. Factory 2wd. Can someone tell me exactly what the California Assembly and California Processing options consisted of? I know that it was something that vehicles that were destined for California had to have but what was it exactly? I guess that means my Blazer was sold originally in California? I ended up getting it from a board member in Louisiana who found it in Central Georgia. That is all the history about it I have though.

Basically it amounts to an emission test and an air pump. The heavier trucks so ordered were only certified as meeting California's emissions regs. But the C10s required an actual individual production line emission test.

While it suggests your truck was sold new in California it may have be sold in a bordering state as well. Many dealers whose sales areas would cross state lines ordered stock units with the emission package to maximize sales potential.

DeadheadNM 04-09-2015 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As posted by member 71 k5 blazer (note tow hooks): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=666628

ls1nova71 04-09-2015 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one is in the local junk yard....

DeadheadNM 05-23-2015 08:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
How about a black 72 Blazer w black interior? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Bl...3D281700314649

jerry moss 05-24-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk04z66 (Post 6908535)
My 71

locking hubs not on this one, another thing, seems a lot of blazers/jimmys had factory skid plates.

1956cameo 05-25-2015 10:55 AM

Thank you SS Tim for shedding some light on what my California Processing "Option" means.

DeadheadNM 05-28-2015 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Highlander...

DeadheadNM 06-20-2015 08:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Base model - good documentation pics and interesting SPID

lt155ruck 06-22-2015 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine. 72 2wd.... not allot of options. Never realized I would have spid envy

lt155ruck 06-22-2015 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt155ruck (Post 7217693)
Here is mine. 72 2wd.... not allot of options. Never realized I would have spid envy

Sorry. Other pic didn't load. Po replaced the parchment with black

fourspeedwagon 08-02-2015 12:22 PM

I wish I had a picture of my old 72's SPID... It was loaded but I don't recall ever reconciling its equipment with the sticker.
My recently acquired '69 CST doesn't have the right glovebox door so no SPID for me. It's a very interesting thread though and I've enjoyed it.

I do have a few questions after reading here though.

*I assumed at first that "removable top" and "auxiliary top" would be the same thing, maybe just from different plants- except I see that they have different codes.

*Does there seem to be any order to the way rpos are listed? It won't be "real" but I'd like to do my best to replicate a SPID with the options/colors that I see on mine

*I don't recall seeing a SPID listing cruise control. Was that an original option on 69-72s?

*I had at least one more question but I'll have to come back and edit it---

Thanks guys- Greg

SS Tim 08-02-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourspeedwagon (Post 7261232)
I wish I had a picture of my old 72's SPID... It was loaded but I don't recall ever reconciling its equipment with the sticker.
My recently acquired '69 CST doesn't have the right glovebox door so no SPID for me. It's a very interesting thread though and I've enjoyed it.

I do have a few questions after reading here though.

*I assumed at first that "removable top" and "auxiliary top" would be the same thing, maybe just from different plants- except I see that they have different codes.

*Does there seem to be any order to the way rpos are listed? It won't be "real" but I'd like to do my best to replicate a SPID with the options/colors that I see on mine

*I don't recall seeing a SPID listing cruise control. Was that an original option on 69-72s?

*I had at least one more question but I'll have to come back and edit it---

Thanks guys- Greg

The two aux. top codes to look for are Z58 White and Z59 Black not much else matters, St Louis had some real issues with SPID content, constistency and format.

Getting a reasonably accurate replacement SPID made is a matter of knowing what you have, what to look for in the vehicle's original build and referencing known SPIDs from the same plant and serial range. To me a guesstimated SPID based on about the level of verification most people would do for a for sale ad is worse than no SPID at all.

The only listing I show for factory installed cruise RPO K30 is for a 70 C/10 (4x2 Blazer) with a 350. While there were dealer cruise kits they would not be reflected on the SPID.

If you have another Blazer related SPID question, don't edit but simply post a new reply. Edits don't trigger a subscription notification.

fourspeedwagon 08-02-2015 03:00 PM

Thanks SS Tim- looking back to post 90 (and others) there's an auxiliary top listed and it has a different rpo number. That's the type I was asking about. I still assume it's just a plant difference because I've not seen a different top---

SS Tim 08-02-2015 03:40 PM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...9&postcount=90

Its a Z58 White top as expected. Go by the RPO number first, then worry about the decription. In this case its the same option different description.

If you go to:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=216

This is a very early build 72 from St Louis.
It also has the Z58 RPO code for a white top without description and on another line CB8 "REMOVABLE TOP" which is actually the build conversion code. It like several other lines on this early 72 SPID are generally not listed and are found only on the actual build sheet. St Louis again had a lot of issues with SPIDs.

Also if you right click on a post number, it will give you a single post thread link code that is easy to paste into a reply when refering to a specific example.

Trifelynn 08-03-2015 02:23 PM

So is there a different code between the single wall top and the double wall top?

Is there a way you can tell the difference from the SPID?

DeadheadNM 08-23-2015 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tow hooks listed (more pics here:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=680166)

IronCanine 09-26-2015 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Currently on eBay...quite a schizophrenic SPID. Must've been on a Friday or something.