The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Got the door panels finished (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=357173)

bigdon-70blazer 08-10-2009 09:58 PM

Got the door panels finished

3 Attachment(s)
These got painted over the weekend and I installed them tonite. They are very slick so I thought you all would like to see. The doors are 99% done now but I need your opinion. I got those off white arm rests and they appeared at first glance several weeks ago to be too white but they don't seem too bad or do they? I had some rests that were a light gray in color but I had to replace them and wouldn't you know, no exact color reproduction so I was going to dye of paint these. The panels are about the same color they were from the factory, keep in mind the blazer was the yellow color originally. I had thought that I would paint them the same color as the dash but now I am unsure...decisions, decisions! What do you think!?

bigdon-70blazer 08-10-2009 10:00 PM

Re: Got the door panels finished

The door panels are more biege than they look on screen.

Big J 08-10-2009 10:06 PM

I think it looks great. Nice contrast to the green. Keep rockin' it.:metal:

NTR72GMC 08-11-2009 04:55 PM

looks good I would keep it as is but it is hard to tell from a picture how it realy looks.

SeventyOne 08-11-2009 06:20 PM

I would paint the dash pad to match the door panels/arm rests - look great!

71blksuper4x4 08-11-2009 07:22 PM

here's my 2 cents. I would leave them alone, and let mother nature change the color. With that white, with just everyday use, it will get dirty, and when you go to clean it, it won't be as white anymore, problem solved. Atleast, see what happens I say. Trevor

CTENTA1 08-13-2009 11:39 AM

Blazer is coming out good. My opinion. How about painting door panels same color to the dash pad and painting arm rest same color as body on Blazer? That way everything matches enterior/exterior. Its more work but more work pays off.

jaros44sr 08-13-2009 12:34 PM

JMHO, but I think it makes a nice contrast as is. What color are your seats going to be, they are the closest to the door panel and should match them

BTW, those floors look way to nice to cover up, I would get a full set of mats. That way you can keep an eye on any rust issues that might pop up by lifting the mat

Where did you find that grommet for the screw on the door under the vent window

SOON2BLAZE 08-13-2009 02:15 PM

Looks great!

72BlckButy 08-13-2009 02:18 PM

Don that thing is looking amazing!

Before I can answer your question about the panels, I need to know what color are the seats/carpet going to be?

bigdon-70blazer 08-13-2009 10:08 PM

Seats are going back original style plain jane light tan material, I found it with the help of jaros44. The floor is going back with wall to wall black rubber floor mat, not original styling because I can not find that, been looking but I seem to have no luck in this area. Unless anyone out there knows where I can find the original looking black floor mat. The color in the pic is really lighter than it really is so it is somewhat decieving.

bigdon-70blazer 08-13-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3462601)
JMHO, but I think it makes a nice contrast as is. What color are your seats going to be, they are the closest to the door panel and should match them

BTW, those floors look way to nice to cover up, I would get a full set of mats. That way you can keep an eye on any rust issues that might pop up by lifting the mat

Where did you find that grommet for the screw on the door under the vent window

They (grommets) are original. Seats are a light tan original style vinyl ribbed material for utility buckets. Thanks for the words!

72BlckButy 08-13-2009 11:11 PM

Don, looks like I'm just going to have to see it first hand to give you my full honest opinion... :D

pete&tanya 08-13-2009 11:12 PM

Wow that look way cool great job!

tcb-1 08-16-2009 07:23 PM

good night, that thing is beautiful, big brother.

those pics are in the garage under the flourescents. I'd like to see what those colors look like in natural light... but it looks great to me. the utility buckets will match them to a tee.

that K5 has come a long way. and taking your time and doing it right is definitely paying off!! I'm jealous!