The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Decent small body shop near South Lake Tahoe/Reno area? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=748614)

georgieb51 10-16-2017 09:09 PM

Decent small body shop near South Lake Tahoe/Reno area?

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Folks, Over the summer I purchased 2 California trucks: 1967 K10 Short Stepside, and 1969 K10 Short Stepside. I live in upstate NY but have family in the SLT area who are storing/driving the trucks right now. Normally I would have a transport truck deliver the trucks to me in Cooperstown but one truck needs a lot of body parts that are found quite readily in CA/NV. Just wondering if anyone knows of someone who is knowledgeable in our trucks could do a decent job for a reasonable rate. The 69 would be easier to repair by finding a donor truck with a decent cab, doors, fenders, the whole works. Just thinking out loud here and wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The red truck requires some assembly since it was painted many years ago, and the blue truck is the rusty one.

georgieb51 10-18-2017 07:05 AM

Re: Decent small body shop near South Lake Tahoe/Reno area?

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgieb51 (Post 8062245)
Hello Folks, Over the summer I purchased 2 California trucks: 1967 K10 Short Stepside, and 1969 K10 Short Stepside. I live in upstate NY but have family in the SLT area who are storing/driving the trucks right now. Normally I would have a transport truck deliver the trucks to me in Cooperstown but one truck needs a lot of body parts that are found quite readily in CA/NV. Just wondering if anyone knows of someone who is knowledgeable in our trucks could do a decent job for a reasonable rate. The 69 would be easier to repair by finding a donor truck with a decent cab, doors, fenders, the whole works. Just thinking out loud here and wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The red truck requires some assembly since it was painted many years ago, and the blue truck is the rusty one.

Any suggestions for someone to
help with these trucks?

extd56 10-18-2017 06:39 PM

are you looking for cabs for both the trucks or just parts?

georgieb51 10-18-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extd56 (Post 8063439)

The blue truck needs a cab, inner and outer fenders and a short stepside bed-- just about everything. A nice donor roller would be great.
The red truck is quite solid, no rust but could use a better stepside bed, and the passenger fender go hit while in storage

georgieb51 10-18-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extd56 (Post 8063439)

Right now the red truck is in Middletown CA. It is a project that was started 25 years ago so the truck was painted red back then and has been sitting since. It needs a better short stepside bed, but everything to put it back together is supposed to be with the truck. I have not seen it in person. I bought it based on photos online with a lot of trust in the seller. You are probably not too far from where the truck is at right now-- at Hidden Valley Collision. Thanks, george

extd56 10-18-2017 11:24 PM

I am about 1 1/2 hours on a good day from Middletown. I have a lead on a cab just need to check it out.

georgieb51 10-19-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extd56 (Post 8063626)
I am about 1 1/2 hours on a good day from Middletown. I have a lead on a cab just need to check it out.

Thanks! If anyone else has any advice or leads I could sure use the help. I will be traveling to South Lake Tahoe, CA early November to visit family and that is when I am going to spend time tracking down people and parts.

georgieb51 10-23-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgieb51 (Post 8063694)
Thanks! If anyone else has any advice or leads I could sure use the help. I will be traveling to South Lake Tahoe, CA early November to visit family and that is when I am going to spend time tracking down people and parts.

I will be traveling to South Lake Tahoe November 4 -15. Hope to find someone reasonable to work on one of my trucks.

TahoeK10 10-23-2017 09:49 PM

There are only 3 body shops here in town. One is overpriced (quoted me $10,000 for a paint job, outside only and with me installing all new body panels.), one is not recommended, very slow (1 person show), and the other one South Side Autobody seems to have a good reputation.

I would suggest you look in Gardnerville, Carson City or even Reno area, more choices and better prices.

extd56 10-23-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgieb51 (Post 8066963)
I will be traveling to South Lake Tahoe November 4 -15. Hope to find someone reasonable to work on one of my trucks.

are you looking in Tahoe to get work done or Middletown?

tsetsaf 10-24-2017 12:24 AM

This is who built my truck. http://www.sierracustoms.com/

Tell him Mark with the green 71 sent you the info.

georgieb51 10-24-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extd56 (Post 8067061)
are you looking in Tahoe to get work done or Middletown?

I am looking to get work done on two trucks that are currently in two different locations: Middletown CA and South Lake Tahoe CA. But as was advised above I will definitely check out Reno, Gardner, and anywhere else over the mountain in Nevada. Any Nevada suggestions?

georgieb51 10-24-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeK10 (Post 8067040)
There are only 3 body shops here in town. One is overpriced (quoted me $10,000 for a paint job, outside only and with me installing all new body panels.), one is not recommended, very slow (1 person show), and the other one South Side Autobody seems to have a good reputation.

I would suggest you look in Gardnerville, Carson City or even Reno area, more choices and better prices.

GOOD ADVICE! Got an specific Nevada suggestions? I would be glad to go over the mountain.

georgieb51 10-24-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsetsaf (Post 8067170)
This is who built my truck. http://www.sierracustoms.com/

Tell him Mark with the green 71 sent you the info.

Thanks Mark. Can you tell me where they are located? I could not figure it out on their website. I like their cover photo of the woman on the truck. She has a nice paint job on her nails! Got a photo of your truck to post here?