The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   CPP is awful!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=730837)

doc74021 02-20-2017 11:20 AM

CPP is awful!!!!!

I ordered a $20 part from them 6 days ago and it still has not shipped. I got on their Facebook page and looked at the reviews and it is ridiculous this seems to be their normal. Save yourself a lot of headache and DO NOT order from CPP.

dfwright 02-20-2017 12:25 PM

Re: CPP is awful!!!!!

There's been a bunch of threads over time on this subject, and CPP's customer service never seems to improve. I believe the consensus has generally been that their stuff is good, their customer service is lousy. I've got a couple of CPP parts on my truck, but always ordered them from a vendor like Summit rather than direct from CPP. I didn't have any issues.

67ChevyRedneck 02-20-2017 12:30 PM

Same here, just use their part # on Summits site and the price is usually better too.

doc74021 02-20-2017 01:00 PM

I finally got my invoice and the price is different then what I agreed to pay. 13.61 in shipping cost for rear coil spring cups.

bryanw1968 02-20-2017 01:06 PM

I had no problems with them although I've only ordered once. From what I gathered it sounds like they got pretty big but their operations are still Mom and Pop....which could cause problems.

BossHogg69 02-20-2017 01:06 PM

I always order from their eBay store, never any problems. I even ask them questions through ebay, always got a reasonably quick response.

Mhussnatter 02-20-2017 03:49 PM

Doc,

I couldn't agree more with you. I spent a good amount of money with them on parts and they were absolutely horrible to deal with. The customer service rep. that I dealt with was a down-right smart azz and acted like he could care less if I was happy or not. I definitely learned a lesson. I decided then that from now on with all my parts needs and service needs that I would reach out to the vendors and supporters on the forum on this site first and then I also order from Summit and have been happy with them too. Good luck buddy.

Mike "Huss"

James the III 02-20-2017 03:59 PM

To be fair, they know everyone price shops, and if summit is selling it for less than them and free shipping they most likely don't bother stocking much inhouse, it goes to summit/jegs/etc..

leddzepp 02-20-2017 04:03 PM

I buy directly over the counter, no problems. Good quality, fair prices. As others have stated just buy from another vendor if you need shipping.

KyleSeal 02-21-2017 11:14 PM

I will agree CPPs service sucks, I called for some info about brake conversions and what lines to use and the guy was like "uh idk just use your original lines....." but there stuff is good, service just sucks. As mentioned before I order from Summit. Theyre great.

Z10 02-21-2017 11:37 PM

I'm another in the CPP sucks column. Service sucks and so does everything that I purchased from them, well to be fair, the rag joint I got from them is ok. I've ordered Brake boosters that leaked, master cylinders that leaked, steering columns that had to be rewired, track bars that had to be completely cut apart and redesigned. Oh, did I mention customer service sucks?
:gmc2:

doc74021 02-22-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z10 (Post 7866046)
I'm another in the CPP sucks column. Service sucks and so does everything that I purchased from them, well to be fair, the rag joint I got from them is ok. I've ordered Brake boosters that leaked, master cylinders that leaked, steering columns that had to be rewired, track bars that had to be completely cut apart and redesigned. Oh, did I mention customer service sucks?

This is exactly how I felt. Once they did ship my 20 dollar part they charged me 14 dollars in shipping so I called they said they would fix it to the 2.50 it was supposed to be and they lowered it to 8.00.

NC_John 02-23-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z10 (Post 7866046)

Amen. "Chinese Part Purveyors." I consider them an absolute last resort. Service sucks, parts are absolutely hit or miss. When I bought their front disc kit I ended up throwing away a lot of the parts they sent and upgraded most of it myself. Would have bought only the drop spindles had I known what junk they were going to send. When I do have to buy something from them I buy through Summit to save myself the agony of dealing with their "customer service."

GASoline71 03-31-2017 11:02 AM

I ordered a lowering kit from CPP through Summit Racing. It took 3 months to get the parts shipped to my door. Summit being the middle man was as helpful as they could be. But CPP was even blowing them off when it came to any kind of correspondence. I will say Summit did an awesome job of keeping me informed and pestering CPP. But it is apparent that CPP does just enough business in sales of parts to not give a crap about customer service.

Gary

Reggler 03-31-2017 11:26 AM

I just had 2, let call it sour, experiences with them. First, I bought open box drop spindles from Summit that had CPP and 4s4 on them. Called them to verify, and they just said "yup that number is for 73+". They were wrong, they are 71-72, apparently they now all have the same number on them and they ream the balljoints out differently and label the box. Then I bought the shock reinforcement brackets, new from summit. They don't fit. I called CPP, 3 times, sat on hold for 45 mins. All I got from there was "what part number? Where did you get them from? Why don't they fit? please hold"
Summit told me to bring them back.

mike16 09-01-2017 12:35 AM

Horrible customer service. This happened a few years ago but still i will never do business with them again. Screamed and yelled at me over the phone. Dont know why I continued to conclude the deal but they told me I dont know what I'm talking about, sent me the wrong booster and MC set up. shipping, return shipping and restocking fee's cost me over 130 bucks. never again. NEVER

smokin69 09-05-2017 11:43 PM

Customer service sucks just like the product. I have a '69 SWB with the "Big Brake" 4 wheel disk. It is an LS and now I know now why the alternator is on the left side. It is there to stop the master cylinder from going thru the rad when the booster decides to separate. Yea you read this right.
Per CPP it must be an install problem. Funny part is I don't recall having any reason to take the booster apart. Joe at CPP thinks it is the "pressure relief valve". Hated to tell Joe a booster operates on negative pressure or vacuum and would need about 25+ atmospheres that would then create an implosion. It could not be that the halves of the booster were not crimped properly at time of manufacture.

When I calm down from this CPP cluster I will post on the Painless fiasco. Painless makes Joe look seem somewhat coherent.