The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Replacement Carpet Questions & Opinions (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=771544)

harrij4 09-17-2018 05:47 PM

Replacement Carpet Questions & Opinions

Looking to replace my Blue loop pile carpet in my 72. Medium blue truck, the existing carpet is a little worn/dirty and it's just "too much blue" IMO.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with black ACC carpet with the top off? Specifically I'm worried about fading in a very sunny environment where the top is often off.

Opinion: Does anyone have any strong opinions on cut vs loop pile? I'm personally torn.

Thanks!

A1971Blazer 09-18-2018 07:33 AM

Re: Replacement Carpet Questions & Opinions

I used black ACC with mass backing from stockinteriors.com it fit very well....I can't comment much on the fading issue as mine is parked inside always....
I chose the 80/20 loop so that it would be more period correct.

cleszkie 09-18-2018 05:19 PM

Can't comment on the fade resistance. But faded black carpet is the worst. Looks doo-doo brown.

Definitely in favor of the loop over cut pile. I got the 80/20 loop carpet from ACC in sandalwood in my Blazer. Looks stock. Cut pile looks cheap in my opinion.

harrij4 09-18-2018 09:17 PM

Thanks for the responses, definitely leaning in the direction of loop pile now. Hopefully fade isn't an issue...

SeventyOne 09-19-2018 12:51 PM

window tint may help a lot if you're parking it outside.

Ewr101 09-19-2018 06:27 PM

I have the black carpet from ACC in my blazer with no top. It's been in for a year or two and I haven't had any issues. I do park in the garage but I drive it as much as possible and Texas summers are no joke! The carpet still looks great.

Blazerowner 09-19-2018 10:28 PM

Go to rock auto to get the carpet. They were nearly half what summit racing wanted for the same carpet when I bought mine. Summit wouldn’t even price match them. I have the mass backing.

jondancer 09-20-2018 08:35 AM

Stockinteriors.com they will also send u samples

Classics Fan 09-21-2018 10:28 AM

I researched carpet kits before installing mine in January. I can’t speak to color-fastness but stockinteriors.com had the best carpet value that I could find. Instead of mass backing I installed almost 50 pounds of Noico sound deadening mat on the floor and inside the doors. The sound deadening and heat deflection is much much better than any type of carpet backing can provide. Noico is a virtual twin to Dynamat at a much better price.
Posted via Mobile Device

69-72 09-23-2018 09:45 AM

My Blazer is out all summer camping a lot with the top off. I have the Black ACC carpet, about 10 years since I put it in. No fade noticed but it definitely grabs the leaves and etc. You’ll need a power head vacuum to clean it good. And yes Rock Auto was the cheapest I could find it.

YBNORML 09-23-2018 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres mine. You can clearly see the fade. Thats about 15 years, almost all of it spent with the top off. Its ACC. And yes, both the front and rear were part of the same package and installed at the same time.