The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone using the TMI Interior Seats, Dash or Door Panels? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=765146)

Mattchu60 06-06-2018 09:06 AM

Anyone using the TMI Interior Seats, Dash or Door Panels?

I am working on my 2nd squarebody build. I have a bare cab at this time that I plan to get painted this summer and start fitting out the interior over the winter.

I have eyeing the TMI Interior that came out around a year or so ago. I like that look of the TMI Bench seat and door panels and dash.

I'd like to get some input from people running these seats or interior parts - How are the seats for comfort? Any issues with them sitting up too tall or too difficult to recline in our cabs?

Thanks!

rickit 06-07-2018 07:01 AM

Re: Anyone using the TMI Interior Seats, Dash or Door Panels?

maybe I can tell u in a few weeks,redoing the entire interior on mine changing the tan out to red and black my door panels came in yesterday and hopefully my seats will be in within the week

Mattchu60 06-07-2018 01:03 PM

Let us know what you think when its in - their products look nice.

rickit 06-07-2018 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
door panels look like quality product

Mattchu60 06-07-2018 04:39 PM

How did you get the 2-tone panels? Everything I see from TMI from all the venders is either all black, or LMCs custom brown ones.

rickit 06-07-2018 06:21 PM

you can go on tmi site and build your seats and door panels mine were ordered thru summit

rickit 06-12-2018 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
some issues with tmi im having the little cheap made insert for the door panel isn't big enough and you can see how its made, their customer service is prolly the worst ive seen,after finally talking to the only one service tech they have he said he thought they were suppose to had that problem fixed and they don't even make a insert that big to fit the opening!? waiting on them to call us back and see what there going to do,the company is in California and they have one guy in charge of all the orders that go thru lmc summit and everyone else that's a dealer and hes in tenn. they don't like to return calls either and no one can tell me about my seats when their going to be done or shipped

rickit 06-15-2018 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattchu60 (Post 8275895)
I am working on my 2nd squarebody build. I have a bare cab at this time that I plan to get painted this summer and start fitting out the interior over the winter.

I have eyeing the TMI Interior that came out around a year or so ago. I like that look of the TMI Bench seat and door panels and dash.

I'd like to get some input from people running these seats or interior parts - How are the seats for comfort? Any issues with them sitting up too tall or too difficult to recline in our cabs?

Thanks!

got the seats in hope to have it back together in a couple weeks and let u know how comfortable they are

Mattchu60 06-15-2018 12:57 PM

They really look nice! I like the red/black custom color.

superdav 06-17-2018 12:12 PM

I didn't know you could get two tone, I couldn't find it on their website.
Their website kinda sucks to navigate though

rickit 06-17-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdav (Post 8283146)
I didn't know you could get two tone, I couldn't find it on their website.
Their website kinda sucks to navigate though

you can click on a door panel or seat and look at bottom of page and it has design your seat option you can choose different colors I had them send me samples of all the reds and blacks before I decided

shmokinjoe 07-01-2018 10:50 PM

rickit, did your door panels come with those door lever plastic pocket pieces installed? I've never really got mine to look that good. And yes mine have the same grab handle...doesn't really match the quality of the rest of the panel.

rickit 07-02-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmokinjoe (Post 8292553)
rickit, did your door panels come with those door lever plastic pocket pieces installed? I've never really got mine to look that good. And yes mine have the same grab handle...doesn't really match the quality of the rest of the panel.

yes they came with those,they suppose to be in progress of making the right size insert for the grab handle, its been a nightmare with them over these door panels waiting on them to ship me another set now

rickit 07-02-2018 06:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
getting closer to being done

Mattchu60 07-02-2018 06:56 PM

That looks really good!

A few questions for you on these:

- Hows the overall feel?
- does it sit lower/higher than the stock bench?
- Good back support?
- does it put you closer to the steering wheel than the stock bench seat or still a good distance away?

(the above were all issues i had with my shop4seats buckets - sat higher, couldn't tilt them back due to hitting the rear of the cab and horrible back support, also felt like I was about to eat the steering wheel if I did tilt them back to a decent spot).

rickit 07-03-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattchu60 (Post 8293068)
That looks really good!

A few questions for you on these:

- Hows the overall feel?
- does it sit lower/higher than the stock bench?
- Good back support?
- does it put you closer to the steering wheel than the stock bench seat or still a good distance away?

(the above were all issues i had with my shop4seats buckets - sat higher, couldn't tilt them back due to hitting the rear of the cab and horrible back support, also felt like I was about to eat the steering wheel if I did tilt them back to a decent spot).

hopefully they will have truck done this week and I can pick it up next week I be sure to let you know

SunSoaked 06-24-2020 03:12 PM

Rickit,

Please let us know how these turned out.

rickit 06-24-2020 07:03 PM

seats were top ntch door panels look allright but has sum delam should been better quality for what they cost,customer service is by far the worst of any business I have dealt with, seats are ok if you don't drive more then 30 miles

marcoman 07-06-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickit (Post 8763329)
seats were top ntch door panels look allright but has sum delam should been better quality for what they cost,customer service is by far the worst of any business I have dealt with, seats are ok if you don't drive more then 30 miles

Wow, that's not too encouraging. Especially if you're (a) stuck in traffic and (b) want to go for a long trip somewhere more than 30 miles. :but::but: