The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendors Marketplace (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=347484)

Steve Cole 04-23-2021 12:04 PM

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Calm down Captain, I only asked because on 2-12-21 you stated you were 21 days out from shipping current orders , and since you have had no further orders, I was hoping you were caught up and maybe has some extras. Just put me on the list for your next run. Thanks

Captainfab 04-24-2021 04:22 PM

I wasn't getting excited, just simply trying to clear up a common misconception on this forum on how I operate. What makes you think that I haven't received any more orders? I receive orders 24/7 and I currently have 15 of my '67-'72 standard booster brackets on order. That is in addition to the other 25 products that I fabricate for the '60-'72 GM trucks that I also have orders for. If you want one of the '67-'72 standard booster brackets you will have to place your order. I will send you a PM with that info.

Captainfab 10-01-2021 08:26 PM

I have one of these '67-'72 standard booster brackets in satin black powder coat in stock and ready to ship.

BAGGERSOCAL 10-17-2021 12:58 PM

Any more available for the 68

Captainfab 10-17-2021 09:41 PM

All 26 of my products are available everyday. This is how I attempt to make a living. Would you like the powder coated one I mentioned above or would you like one in bare steel? One in bare steel will currently be a 12-14 days wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAGGERSOCAL (Post 8984926)
Any more available for the 68

MeanGreen72C10 10-18-2021 07:57 PM

I can vouch for how good this product is as well. I'm using this bracket and the hydroboost plate.. pay the $9 for the powder coat unless you're painting it body color.

Captian do you have a webpage with all of your products listed?

Captainfab 10-18-2021 09:39 PM

MeanGreen72C10 Thank you for the kind words. Sorry no I still do not have a website. I am still working 80hrs/7 days a week every week every month. Maybe in 2-3 months. I do have a list of all of my for sale threads here in the forum. If you send me an email to captainfab454@hotmail.com, I will be happy to send you that list.

Captainfab 03-17-2022 07:18 PM

Here is a link to my new website and online store where you can see and purchase all of the products that I fabricate for the '60-'72 GM trucks.

https://customfab-cda.com

Oldironracing 04-15-2022 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one of your bracket and having problems with the pedal going almost to the floor before I have brakes. Do I need to do something with the pedal ratio like drill a new hole if so where? Love the bracket looks great.

Captainfab 04-15-2022 09:23 PM

I replied to the PM you sent me about this same issue. Did you secure the valve inside the proportioning valve when you bled the brakes? Most people drill a new hole on the brake pedal 1" down from the original hole for a better brake feel. I'm not sure on the '67-"72's if that hole may already be there. I am more knowledgeable with the '60-'66's.

SCOTI 08-29-2022 10:48 AM

Glad I checked back in so see the latest. I viewed the website & will definitely keep it saved to share w/others that come to me for tech/parts advice on their classic GM trucks.

Well done sir....

Captainfab 08-30-2022 12:25 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I can use all the help I can get. Right now sales are virtually nonexistent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 9118201)
Glad I checked back in so see the latest. I viewed the website & will definitely keep it saved to share w/others that come to me for tech/parts advice on their classic GM trucks.

Well done sir....

TheKorndog 09-25-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 9118458)
Thanks for the compliment. I can use all the help I can get. Right now sales are virtually nonexistent.

Looks like you have some good product. If I’d have known of your page I’d have got the rear disc brake conversion for my 72 K5.
What I’d love to find is someone who could repro the passenger side bucket seat brackets…why they don’t is beyond me. For what dudes want for them used, seems like there would be a market for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

joesscamaro 09-26-2022 02:40 PM

Wanted to give a shout-out to Captainfab and his power steering adapter. I haven't installed it yet, but seeing all the reviews, I know that won't be an issue. I received the package and noticed that all parts and hardware are vacuum sealed and protected from the elements. Easy ordering from his website also. Thanks for the product!

Captainfab 09-27-2022 12:27 AM

I've been selling all of my products here on the forum for over 13 years now in the classified section. I've only had the website online since March of this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKorndog (Post 9127656)
Looks like you have some good product. If I’d have known of your page I’d have got the rear disc brake conversion for my 72 K5.
What I’d love to find is someone who could repro the passenger side bucket seat brackets…why they don’t is beyond me. For what dudes want for them used, seems like there would be a market for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 09-27-2022 12:30 AM

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it. I do the best I can at fabricating products that I would put on my own truck. I was hoping the website would make it easier firvpeople to see all of mynoroducts and place their order, but there are still many that seem to have a problem figuring it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesscamaro (Post 9128118)
Wanted to give a shout-out to Captainfab and his power steering adapter. I haven't installed it yet, but seeing all the reviews, I know that won't be an issue. I received the package and noticed that all parts and hardware are vacuum sealed and protected from the elements. Easy ordering from his website also. Thanks for the product!

Captainfab 07-16-2023 08:30 PM

It has been brought to my attention that two of my designed brake booster brackets, That I have been selling here in this forum since 2009, have been copied by Right Stuff Detailing and are being marketed as their own design. I used to sell my booster brackets to them at a wholesale cost, but they have not purchased any from me for over 4 years. Now they have stolen my design and are marketing them on Summit Racing.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...oster-adapters

I in no way gave them permission to copy my design of brake booster brackets. This is just a dirty trick on their part. I still fabricate and sell all 34 of my products on our website. Here is a link.

https://customfab-cda.com

I am just a one man business working 80+hrs/7 days a week every week every month to try and make a living so I can pay my bills and buy food for me and my wife. I just wanted to post this on here to let everyone know that what they see on Summit's website are not my products. They are counterfeits. If any of you who support me in this and wish to let Right Stuff or Summit know your feelings, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
John

Street Smart 03-11-2024 05:13 PM

Hey @Captainfab , I need to replace a bad power booster in my 67 Suburban. I was looking at a 9"dual diaphragm from 1987 Gbody (and your bracket)
The booster looks like the one in you 1966 pictured in you web ad. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=1884&jsn=640

Do you think it will work?

Captainfab 03-11-2024 08:14 PM

Sorry but I can not say for certain since I do not know what the mounting stud pattern dimensions are. I do not have that particular booster on the list of compatible boosters that comes with every booster bracket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street Smart (Post 9295025)
Hey @Captainfab , I need to replace a bad power booster in my 67 Suburban. I was looking at a 9"dual diaphragm from 1987 Gbody (and your bracket)
The booster looks like the one in you 1966 pictured in you web ad. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=1884&jsn=640

Do you think it will work?

Street Smart 03-11-2024 09:03 PM

It`s cheap enough, I`ll order one and check the spacing. I`ll be getting back to you,
THANKS!!!

Street Smart 03-23-2024 10:40 AM

I received that booster through Rock auto. It was an option for GM "G" bodies 1982-87. 9" dual diaphram. Measurements match your adapter. PM sent to order an adapter !!!