The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Radiator/Mater Cylinder Trouble .. :-\ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=604503)

jbassC10 11-16-2013 03:59 AM

Radiator/Mater Cylinder Trouble .. :-\

Okay... man this custom restoring is becoming one heck of head ache. lol I knew it was coming but I didn't realize this much detail was coming into play. =lessons of wisdom.

Enough said:

I ordered a Champion Radiator and after receiving it, it doesn't match up near to what I expected? Is there another company I order from that will literally bolt up with no fabrications? Or what year can I pull a radiator from to swap out?

Master Cylinder/Booster= Summit Racing= Failure. :-\ I ordered the bracket to attach master/booster to fire wall.... Nope. No go. :-\ Another failure for the evening.
Any idea where I can swap from another Chevy or buy from a company a booster/Master for a 1971 C10 Disc Brake chevy, 2wd, 350motor that will bolt up? Bolting up is the big deal. AS of right now, I might have to grind off the original bolts from the firewall and drill for new bolts holes to attached the cylinder with new bolts :=S "I just wanta cry" hahaha

Online sites, wisdom, anything you have I'll take with an open ear! =In need.
Thanks guys!

cdowns 11-16-2013 10:20 AM

Re: Radiator/Mater Cylinder Trouble .. :-\

have never had any problems with radiators that were readily available from the local auto parts stores// fit purrfect and were hiquality at lo prices// did have to wait about a day for them to get them into the store// did not have to pay shipping

as far as the brackets required for brake booster // i'd look in the parts section on the board for the brackets and i get booster and master cylinder again at my local auto parts store rteadily available most times they were on the shelf

71 super 11-16-2013 11:00 AM

What are you trying to get to? Frank at pickem ups (here on board) has a upgraded booster m/c setup that will fit in stock location. As far as radiator, I used aluminum in one of mine and no major issues- modified lower pads but not a big deal. If wanting a stock type go to your local parts store- get a modine and take it home and drop it in. You do need to know what set up you have currently, if going from six or small 8 to 350 to larger upper rad support clamps/ retainers need to be changed usually . The four core rad is wider and used a different inner pad. If going custom there is no such thing as drop in stock location.

jbassC10 11-16-2013 04:31 PM

Awesome! Little Pricey for me, but he did give me great information though!! Thanks so much for the help!!!