The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   *What Are The Odds* (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=813292)

Zippi 10-17-2020 09:20 AM

*What Are The Odds*

I picked up my brother in-law yesterday morning (51 degrees) and we headed to a car show at our local 4-H Center. About a 25 min drive for me to pick up my brother in-law and then 10 min back to the 4-H Center. The sun was out and very little wind so it turned out to be not to bad once the temperature got up to 61 degrees. Anyway..... a fellow walks up and starts asking questions about my 49 as he had a 53 setting on the other side of the fair grounds. During our conversation I find out that this fellow is from the same area where I bought my 49 about a year ago and he knows the guy I bought my truck from. He even knew the name of the road he lives on which is out in the middle of nowhere. My 49 was located 2 1/2 hours away from where I live so what are the odds of meeting this guy in my town. You just never know who you'll meet when to go to car shows.

GOPAPA 10-17-2020 09:41 AM

Re: *What Are The Odds*

Great Story ..I have met and talked with a lot of good folks at car shows and found that we knew a lot about where we were raised at or who we each knew ..it's always fun to learn about where your old truck was raised too.

special-K 10-17-2020 10:20 AM

That is a great story. It's neat how people can know a vehicle just like a person. "Hey, I know that car". I have had similar experiences recognizing vehicles I've known from another time and other place. I remember one car I sold to a guy in another county to the east. I saw it through the woods from the road driving by, so I knew that was where the guy lived. Then a few years later I'm to the west in another county on a back road and there it is beside a house. I saw it there for a while and never stopped to talk to the owner. Then it was gone. More years pass and I see it in VA even farther away. I had a few chances to try to buy it back but never stopped.

geezer#99 10-17-2020 10:47 AM

I was at a big car show and was wandering about when I overheard my name mentioned in a group of people.
Practical joker mode kicked in and I said, Hey! I know him!
The one woman asked what he looked like. So I described myself. Said he was tall as me, had similar hair, an awesome moustache kinda like mine, was wearing a tee, sweats and shoes like mine. Pretty well like my twin or doppelgänger. After a few minutes you could see the light bulb over her head get brighter. She finally caught on! Hey, it’s you!
She was married to a guy I went to school with and hadn’t seen for 20 years. With a couple thousand people there it was 1 chance in a million.
Turns out he was driving a 57 F.I. Bel air. We had chevy’s in common. I had a 56 bel air at the time.
‘‘Tis a small world!