The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Auto City flush mount glass (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=849374)

Ricky Bobby 12-17-2023 08:55 PM

Auto City flush mount glass

Anyone have some feedback on flush mount glass from Auto City Classics? Seems like Fesler has the market on this one.

Custom 68 12-17-2023 09:33 PM

Re: Auto City flush mount glass

I’ve been watching those too. Pricing is good.
Hopefully someone has tried it

A1971Blazer 12-18-2023 08:44 AM

Check with this guy Jason Vanatta. He sells them and may have some insight?
I've talked to him on the phone before, he was more than happy to answer questions and offer advise.
https://www.vannattafabrication.com/...tem-p144963256

Palf70Step 12-18-2023 04:37 PM

Wow, that is a big price for glass. Afraid I'll stick with factory style. It does look good though.

Custom 68 12-18-2023 04:41 PM

that is why the OP is asking about the Auto City Classic glass. They are much much less than the Fesler.
I am just interested as mine is leaking some plus I have the chrome trim so it creates a lot of wind noise (I assume)
Thanks,
Dave

HalfBrit 12-19-2023 03:28 PM

Here's a link to that windshield
https://www.autocityclassic.com/1967...olding-w685nm/

Ricky Bobby 12-19-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfBrit (Post 9268115)

Yes, this is the glass I am asking about. Anyone use it yet?

Custom 68 12-19-2023 03:59 PM

they also have a flush mount back glass as well to match the front.
Thanks,
Dave

Rickjz 12-20-2023 10:30 AM

One thing to consider is that unless you build up the frame around the windshield you will see the edge of the glass. It doesn’t sit flush like a car that is designed for it. I had the Fesler glass installed on my Blazer and it took a lot of work.

Joyridin 12-20-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickjz (Post 9268307)
One thing to consider is that unless you build up the frame around the windshield you will see the edge of the glass. It doesn’t sit flush like a car that is designed for it. I had the Fesler glass installed on my Blazer and it took a lot of work.

Is there no little plastic piece or filler piece between the window and the frame to take up the small gap? All of my newer cars have a small plastic molding that goes around the windshield so you do not see the edge of the glass.

Ricky Bobby 12-20-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickjz (Post 9268307)

Thanks for this info

Rickjz 12-20-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyridin (Post 9268316)
Is there no little plastic piece or filler piece between the window and the frame to take up the small gap? All of my newer cars have a small plastic molding that goes around the windshield so you do not see the edge of the glass.

I think that the glass with trim is a different style. My flush mount just used glue and our trucks don't give as big of a lip to adhere to as modern vehicles.

IIGW 12-20-2023 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby (Post 9267545)
Anyone have some feedback on flush mount glass from Auto City Classics? Seems like Fesler has the market on this one.

From Fesler:

All Fesler Flush Mounted DOT Glass is made right here in America. Our glass is designed to go in like new glass and if you install it right it will look perfect. If you can see the edge of the glass its not installed correctly or its not FESLER GLASS. We have been selling C-10 glass for over 6 years with zero issues on fitment. Check out the website at www.shopfesler.com. As for Auto City Glass, it is an inch larger than our glass so you will have to sand it down to fit as its all from China, they buy all blems so buyer beware.

Custom 68 12-21-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IIGW (Post 9268424)
From Fesler:

All Fesler Flush Mounted DOT Glass is made right here in America. Our glass is designed to go in like new glass and if you install it right it will look perfect. If you can see the edge of the glass its not installed correctly or its not FESLER GLASS. We have been selling C-10 glass for over 6 years with zero issues on fitment. Check out the website at www.shopfesler.com. As for Auto City Glass, it is an inch larger than our glass so you will have to sand it down to fit as its all from China, they buy all blems so buyer beware.

Thanks for that info. As far as the size, where did you get that information? Am I to assume if you say 1 inch that would be 1/2 inch on each side or is that 1 inch on each side?
It seems when I have looked at other windshield threads there is quite a bit of issues with almost any (regular sized) glass. Some too thin amount other issues. It doesn't seem to be any standouts in the crowd of manufactures or maybe they are all just distributors.
Thanks,
Dave

Ricky Bobby 12-22-2023 01:17 PM

Thanks for feedback. From what I can see it really matters on body color how the original gasket will look. I think my color will be ok with gasket. Fesler isnt making the small back glass for another couple months either.

IIGW 01-19-2024 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custom 68 (Post 9268561)
Thanks for that info. As far as the size, where did you get that information?

i personally know chris for many years. I called him and told him about this thread, hes not a member in here so he sent that to me to post.

If you need more info, call and ask for him, nice guy and he'll walk you through everything you need

Richard 01-20-2024 04:45 AM

Flush mount glass sure looks nice. Even if it fits the outside you still have deal with looking at the pinch weld on the inside also as the truck was never designed for it. Overall cost is to much for me consider on my build.

jerry moss 01-21-2024 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 9278334)
Flush mount glass sure looks nice. Even if it fits the outside you still have deal with looking at the pinch weld on the inside also as the truck was never designed for it. Overall cost is to much for me consider on my build.

I agree, they do have some nice looking products but too rich for my wallet.

Accelo 01-21-2024 11:50 PM

So people don't have to look it up .
$1799 for the Fesler flush glass.
Front and rear glass OEM style, from Fesler, is $190.
At least that's the way I read it.

Joyridin 01-23-2024 07:44 AM

What is so different about the flush mount glass? Isn't it 1/2 - 3/4" wider on all the edges to make up the difference of the missing rubber seal?

Custom 68 01-23-2024 10:12 AM

Yes I believe that would sum it up. It gives a more "modern" look and I believe will be less likely to leak. I have a theory it will also be quieter. The Fesler is very reputable but also very expensive, this Autoglass sounds like it may be problematic but more affordable. I am kindof on the edge as I do need to replace mine due to some leaks, I am also curious about going back to the non trim version, the trim adds a level of difficulty as well.
Dave

Richard 01-30-2024 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custom 68 (Post 9279318)
Yes I believe that would sum it up. It gives a more "modern" look and I believe will be less likely to leak. I have a theory it will also be quieter. The Fesler is very reputable but also very expensive, this Autoglass sounds like it may be problematic but more affordable. I am kindof on the edge as I do need to replace mine due to some leaks, I am also curious about going back to the non trim version, the trim adds a level of difficulty as well.
Dave

Maybe look into adding the butyl sealant used by the factory at the corners. I installed my original 72 deluxe windshield after repaint by myself (wife helped setting on truck). Not as difficult as some say with the right tools and some knowledge. I used OEM trim and have some experience from my dad with auto glass, so I have that going for me. FWIU front aftermarket trim does not fit well.
Kind of do not mind cost of Fesler windshield myself. They can charge what they want as the product is "unique". It is the extra work and detail on the inside to make it look right that worries me. If doing a full custom interior I guess that would not matter.