The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Its Mine the World Famous 67 Dragtruck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=151718)

GMan69 04-25-2006 09:07 PM

Re: Its Mine the World Famous 67 Dragtruck

Hope you can make it up to Huntsville. I'm hoping to be there and it would be an added bonus to see you again AND to see the drag truck in action.:burnout:

71chevytruckguy 04-25-2006 09:55 PM

oh yeah, i was seeing the trailer, thought it was some kinda wieght box or something. bada$$ truck. chris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djracer
It has a steel roll pan! You maybe seeing the trailer in a couple of the pics!

Thanks for the props!

ultimate stroke 04-25-2006 11:23 PM

Re: Look what I got back yesterday!

Quote:

Its a 60 over 454 with merlin heads and intake 14 to 1 Wiseco domes Lunati pro mod rods steel crank roller cam. I ran this same motor in a pretty heavy 67 camaro injected on alcohol without Nos and it ran 9.20 at 143mph! I hope to run close to that in my truck on the motor but well into the 8's on the spray!

Quote:

BigJim If it doesn't run 9's I build a bigger one! I want to put this motor in the truck I was building already and build a 565!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:

14 to 1 compression 468 with merlin heads, merlin intake a dominator and a fogger! It will be backed up with a really nice powerglide with 1.80 straight cut gears an ultrabell and ultracase! I hope to run in the eights in the quarter and fives in the eighth!
Quote:

I'll keep you guys and gals posted! I'll probably just run it on the motor first to get the bugs out. I will probably have to have wheelie bars! The ones I want are 629.00!

How did that go?

Not too good! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

djracer 04-25-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate stroke
How did that go?

Not too good! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

No nitrous yet buddy!

Javy 04-26-2006 06:19 AM

Hello DJ,
I noticed you used the gauge bezel ring I sent you.
It was a gift to you,I PAID FOR SHIPPING,and not even a pat on the back.
That's cold.
It's been so long,I think I even offered for you to build and market them for
yourself because I was too busy-which I still am.
This might be the wrong forum but oh well,ban me.
Maybe I should have PM'ed you but it's 3:25 AM in So Cal and after an 18 hour day working,this seems the easy way.
Sorry,
Javy

djracer 04-26-2006 07:26 AM

Javy
I had a full set of bezels made I have been really busy trying to get the truck together! The bezel you sent me was a 2 1/16 size and unfortunately it was lost my the machinist! I planned to make a post on the the bezels when I had time to put them all together! I really appreciate you sending me the sample I would have been more than happy to buy them from you if you could have had time to make them! You didn't here me say that it was my idea I just hadn't got around to send out props for the idea! You will see a post about them when I finish my dash! I haven't even gotten my tach or speedo installed at all! I dj'd 4 party's last weekend!

Kevin

Javy 04-26-2006 07:55 AM

Dj,
If you would like to use my complete dash bezel,I will donate one for your project if you would use it.All the holes are in them but I could customize one for you like I did for Bill @ Wuebbels Repair(hope he didn't mind mentioning his name)
Thanks

djracer 04-26-2006 08:06 AM

Javy that is a very nice offer I'd like to try finishing the bezel route but its really tight to get them all in there! If it doesn't work out I will definatly take you up on that offer!

Thanks a bunch,
Kevin

ultimate stroke 04-26-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

No nitrous yet buddy!

So how much spray does it take to pick up a second?
Just wondering :confused: :confused: :confused:

bigjimzlll 04-26-2006 03:51 PM

on a mid 12 second truck a 150 shot hit right at the line will give you 1 seconde reduction...the faster you go the mire N20 it will take to acheive the same goal

djracer 04-26-2006 04:37 PM

it also depends on if you are running a nitrous convertor and a rear gear for nos! If I was running all motor I would have a 4.88 rear but I only have a 4.30 gear to help lug the motor which makes it much faster on the spray! I'm gonna try to spray it this weekend or next! I'm gonna start with 200 then go to 300 once the tune up is done! I'll post times and scan the slips if need be!

ultimate stroke 04-26-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

I'll post times and scan the slips if need be!
Oh don't worry, my spy will be in the tower and will know the et before you do even if there is an "X" on the window. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

djracer 04-26-2006 08:23 PM

Good luck I won't spray it here first!

Primed67 04-27-2006 07:31 PM

ok, it's been a while since i have spent enough time on the site to actually read something. Man I read all 11 pages and it was worth it. I have got to get the 67 put back together. She is still running but can't go anywhere because i trashed the gears. I never thought i would break a set of richmonds with a small block. Looking at your truck has definately lit the fire under my butt again and hopefully i can start working on i again soon. It does not help that during the week I'm 140 miles from it but i will just have to start making time on the weekends. Thanks for the inspiration to get me started again! Do you have any more pics of how the rear suspension is set up? Any info on it like was it a kit or a custom job? I'm not happy with my current set-up and hell it would be easier to change while she is down. Man I'm so freakin jealous, that truck is just sweet!!!! :metal:

djracer 04-27-2006 08:55 PM

Thanks for the compliments!
It has stock trailing arms on the rear with coilover shocks and an antiroll! It was not a kit but the coilover part is real easy to do and you can get a kit for that part!

Kevin

71chevytruckguy 04-27-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the compliments!
It has stock trailing arms on the rear with coilover shocks and an antiroll! It was not a kit but the coilover part is real easy to do and you can get a kit for that part!

Kevin

wouldn't have thing you could have gotten that much to hook with a factory trialin arms with just some coilovers. or got that much rubber back there. thats nice to know. i think classic performance sells a kit to put coils in these trucks. still tryin to get a posi here, my dad can be a in the a$$. :m3: good luck with the spray. chris.

Primed67 04-27-2006 09:15 PM

i've got the stock trailing arms as well with coilover shocks. The antiroll bar is pretty trick, i had not seen them on a 67 before.

Primed67 04-27-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71chevytruckguy
wouldn't have thing you could have gotten that much to hook with a factory trialin arms with just some coilovers. or got that much rubber back there. thats nice to know. i think classic performance sells a kit to put coils in these trucks. still tryin to get a posi here, my dad can be a in the a$$. :m3: good luck with the spray. chris.

I was always told that the longer the ladder bars or 4-link the better the suspension would hook. Well the trailing arms are sort of like ladder bars. As far as getting meat under it, you can run a 12" wheel, i believe 7" backspace on it and all you have to do it cut the fenderwells out of the bed. You have plenty of room if done right. As far as your dad you will learn this later when you are older, listen to him because they do know what they are talking about. My dad used to tell me if it wasn't broke don't fix it. On several occasions I wish I would have listened, it would have saved me lots of cash!!!!

Sorry DJRACER i hope i didn't stray your post!

djracer 04-27-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71chevytruckguy

I would buy a Qa1 kit! I have pics of my coilover setup I had on my 71 street truck if you want to see them PM me an email address!

Kevin

djracer 04-27-2006 09:26 PM

Tom that I bought my truck from raced againest trucks with custom 40 inch ladder bars and 4 links and he could out 60ft all of them with this setup!

bigjimzlll 04-27-2006 09:40 PM

http://imagehost.bizhat.com/users_th...b_dsc00521.jpg

http://imagehost.bizhat.com/users_th...b_dsc00524.jpg
heres mine...

http://imagehost.bizhat.com/users_th...b_dsc00544.jpg

http://imagehost.bizhat.com/users_th...b_dsc00543.jpg

71Dragtruck 04-27-2006 10:33 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's mine, a little dirty, time to clean it up this weekend I guess nothing like a camera flash to show all the crap after a weekend in the burnout box. LOL.

djracer 04-27-2006 11:25 PM

cool lookin trucks guys! I hope to help put on an all truck show and drag race in Montgomery Al in the fall! Yall up for a serious road trip?

TugOwar 04-29-2006 06:35 PM

Read this whole post. Gratz on the truck DJ and good luck with her.

Some videos from you drag truck guys really would be cool! :metal:

Moostifer 05-02-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

cool lookin trucks guys! I hope to help put on an all truck show and drag race in Montgomery Al in the fall! Yall up for a serious road trip?

keep us posted on this... I know a few that would make the drive from East Texas

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...gan/regan1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...gan/regan6.jpg

638ci
3800# With Driver
5.71 at 122mph in the 1/8
8.93 at 151mph in the 1/4
ALL MOTOR!

http://www.oldwestracing.com/etss/pics/chuck_s15.jpg

I know, I know... it's a S-10, but it's a truck, and it's fast

BTW... both are street legal

maybe I'll have mine ready by then:rolleyes: