The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Already Gone 01-06-2022 09:10 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich72C10 (Post 9015620)
Each side had "4 clips". You pull the upper door seal down, put the clips in along the top horizontal door window frame. Then I mounted the vent into pace on the clips, which the window wing side of the shade goes in between the vertical window wing bar and felt runner seal. After getting the shade in all okay, I then popped back up the upper door seal in.

Bob's your uncle!

Thanks

Steeveedee 01-06-2022 11:47 PM

Drove it. That's a rare occurrence. I took a solid maple chest of drawers to "our" storage locker (which I really hate- it's stupid money spent, but we have no space. Truth to tell, that stuff could have been donated or put in the dump, and "we'd" be money ahead. But it isn't my stuff, and it's not my money.)

Sheepdip 01-06-2022 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9015765)
Drove it. That's a rare occurrence. I took a solid maple chest of drawers to "our" storage locker (which I really hate- it's stupid money spent, but we have no space. Truth to tell, that stuff could have been donated or put in the dump, and "we'd" be money ahead. But it isn't my stuff, and it's not my money.)

Lol...you sound a little flustered there Steeveedee. I feel for you as I'm married too!

77chris03 01-07-2022 12:05 AM

bought buddy buckets today....

NoStopN 01-07-2022 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77chris03 (Post 9015776)
bought buddy buckets today....

I hope you didn't have to mortgage your house for them. :haha:

Steeveedee 01-07-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9015772)
Lol...you sound a little flustered there Steeveedee. I feel for you as I'm married too!

A little. I keep telling my wife we need to start downsizing our possessions. Every time someone in out neighborhood moves, there's a 30 yard roll-off dumpster in front of their house! One neighbor had two delivered. :lol:

Grumpy old man 01-08-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9015921)
A little. I keep telling my wife we need to start downsizing our possessions. Every time someone in out neighborhood moves, there's a 30 yard roll-off dumpster in front of their house! One neighbor had two delivered. :lol:

That's because the cost to rent a U-haul to Fl is so high it's cheaper to throw all their stuff away and just buy new stuff , :lol:

:uhmk:

Steeveedee 01-08-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 9016284)
That's because the cost to rent a U-haul to Fl is so high it's cheaper to throw all their stuff away and just buy new stuff , :lol:

:uhmk:

:lol: So true.

Rich72C10 01-08-2022 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got my Blazer Courtesy Lights installed. I also took a road trip to Houston to pick up a Slider that I found on Craigslist for $150 bucks. From some forum searching it seems if the latch says "PRESTIGE" then its a factory/OEM Slider.

I have it all cleaned up, seal mounted and roped up. Next is cutting out a perfectly good sealed window and putting this guy in...

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1641600744

pjmoreland 01-08-2022 11:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Did some painting

ChevyGuyNC 01-09-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich72C10 (Post 9016531)
Got my Blazer Courtesy Lights installed. I also took a road trip to Houston to pick up a Slider that I found on Craigslist for $150 bucks. From some forum searching it seems if the latch says "PRESTIGE" then its a factory/OEM Slider.

I have it all cleaned up, seal mounted and roped up. Next is cutting out a perfectly good sealed window and putting this guy in...

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1641600744

Where'd you get the Blazer Courtesy Lights and how was the install? Were there empty mounting points/wiring?

They look really good

Rich72C10 01-09-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyGuyNC (Post 9016785)
Where'd you get the Blazer Courtesy Lights and how was the install? Were there empty mounting points/wiring?

They look really good

See this thread :-)

Blazer courtesy lights
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=829247

Accelo 01-09-2022 12:07 PM

I can see from the picture the Blazer lighting adds a modern warm look o truck. Nice Job.

Rich72C10 01-09-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelo (Post 9016823)
I can see from the picture the Blazer lighting adds a modern warm look o truck. Nice Job.

Yep, I really like it and it was a easy upgrade.

I started off with Sylvania 1003's which are 12.8v 12 watts (the photo) but then switched to Sylvania 89's which are 13v 7.5 watts.

Rich72C10 01-09-2022 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I decided I needed a dancing girl in my life....

Jiggers72-GMC 01-10-2022 07:44 AM

Who doesn't like dancing girls huh, I like that radio as well, very nice Richard

pjmoreland 01-11-2022 06:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I know I post too much on this thread, but I can't help but share these photos. I stayed up late into the wee hours of the morning last night cleaning this '67 bellhousing so I could paint it with 2-part spray paint from Eastwood that I had left over from painting my engine. It was going to go bad unless I used it, and I didn't want to waste it.

Rich72C10 01-11-2022 07:35 PM

i love engine parts being Orange! nice work!

Ol Blue K20 01-12-2022 08:11 AM

Came out nice, spent some time masking too.

NewBayColony 01-12-2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9017694)
I know I post too much on this thread, but I can't help but share these photos. I stayed up late into the wee hours of the morning last night cleaning this '67 bellhousing so I could paint it with 2-part spray paint from Eastwood that I had left over from painting my engine. It was going to go bad unless I used it, and I didn't want to waste it.

No wasted paint there! Came out nice!

Jiggers72-GMC 01-12-2022 09:40 AM

pjmoreland, Very nice n clean, well done, nobody thinks you post too much, bring it :)

BrentBTK 01-14-2022 09:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Finally got the adapter for the new steering wheel after installing a new Flaming River tilt column. I'm loving how it feels. Then I removed 2 leaf springs from each side as God only knows when the backordered lowering springs will arrive. That dropped the rear about 3 inches. I think it's pretty close to where it should end up when the new springs get here. Maybe about an inch high right now. Yesterday was the first time I drove her over speed bumps since the lowering. I was nervous as my exhaust sits below the frame, but she glided right over :) Column and before and after lowering pics below.

Rich72C10 01-14-2022 04:43 PM

I couldn't take not having my back window in anymore and waiting for various friends schedules to help me try and install my Houston Craigslist's (1984 era) factory like aluminum Sliding Window. So I paid a "come to your house" vehicle window installer. It must have been the easiest money they ever earned, as I had the full window already out and the gasket/SS Trim pre-installed on the slider window frame.

They were very nice local Kyle guys and they wanted to talk about my truck (a lot). They said they more often than not have to deal with rusty trucks and mine was a breeze! So overall, I feel good about supporting a local business. I still paid less than buying a new slider (the black pre-tinted ones) and that is with me driving to Houston and back.

Edit:
Added bonus - the tint that is on the Slider pretty much matches the new tint on my doors that I had put on late last year. It needs to be replaced but I don't need to do that any time soon!

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1642192179

Rich72C10 01-14-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentBTK (Post 9018789)
Finally got the adapter for the new steering wheel after installing a new Flaming River tilt column. I'm loving how it feels. Then I removed 2 leaf springs from each side as God only knows when the backordered lowering springs will arrive. That dropped the rear about 3 inches. I think it's pretty close to where it should end up when the new springs get here. Maybe about an inch high right now. Yesterday was the first time I drove her over speed bumps since the lowering. I was nervous as my exhaust sits below the frame, but she glided right over :) Column and before and after lowering pics below.

Man, that lowering looks great, completely changes the truck's look. That chrome column is pretty too!

KW5413 01-14-2022 05:40 PM

Dusted her off and drove her like I stole her today. 70 degrees in DFW today. Tomorrow will be high 30's at best with a constant 25 MPH wind and steady gusts 50-60 MPH. The windchill will be C. O. L. D. ....COLD