The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   DBW pedal connection ?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=814342)

rodstored-72 11-11-2020 11:01 PM

DBW pedal connection ??

1 Attachment(s)
I am in the process of LS swapping a 2013 4.8L truck engine into a 1986 swb 2wd truck. I am trying to figure out how to connect the DBW pedal. I have the pedal connector pigtail and I have ID the corresponding ECM wires. I am wanting to know how to “connect” the wires together?? I have included the factory wire diagram for the pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

thanks!!:metal:
Rodstored-72

Wgesnerjr 11-12-2020 11:07 AM

Re: DBW pedal connection ??

Not sure if you need the BCM or not. My set up uses a TCM box.

I wonder if the Pedal sends an analog (rheostat) type signal to the BCM which turns it into a data signal to the throttle body?

Someone with a newer set up will have to chime in to be sure if you need the BCM or not.

ls1nova71 11-12-2020 11:08 AM

Solder and heat shrink is how I would do it.

Wgesnerjr 11-12-2020 05:42 PM

Just looking at the photo again. Are those the twisted wires in the middle?

87chevy.com 11-12-2020 09:10 PM

what do you mean connect them, one at a time? do you need ecu terminals? pedal terminals? crimper recommendations?
im sure i have plenty of terminals for the ls ecu round pin, e38, e92 ecus aswell..

solder and heat shrink also works.. in the builds i do, I have a interior connector on the engine harness. it has all 6 pedal wires, obd, brake signal, a/c request, rpm, mph all the normal stuff going to ecu but in the engine bay, similar to the diagram you have theres a connector so if you needed to remove the engine harness, connector.

clint

rodstored-72 11-14-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 8834860)
Solder and heat shrink is how I would do it.

... well I was thinking that, but I am looking to make sure that the wires ONLY need to be connected together via twisted pair directly from the ECM to the APP (truck pedal)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr (Post 8835006)
Just looking at the photo again. Are those the twisted wires in the middle?

hey Jay:metal:... from what I can decifer (my lack of electrical diagram knowledge) that is correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87chevy.com (Post 8835093)
what do you mean connect them, one at a time? do you need ecu terminals? pedal terminals? crimper recommendations?
im sure i have plenty of terminals for the ls ecu round pin, e38, e92 ecus aswell..

solder and heat shrink also works.. in the builds i do, I have a interior connector on the engine harness. it has all 6 pedal wires, obd, brake signal, a/c request, rpm, mph all the normal stuff going to ecu but in the engine bay, similar to the diagram you have theres a connector so if you needed to remove the engine harness, connector.

clint

clint.. I am very interested in the connectors you use and more detail info related to what you have done previously...:metal:

dayj1 11-14-2020 04:33 PM

None of the pedal wires are twisted. You just need to connect connect the 6 individual wires and solder and heat shrink would be my method of splicing.

87chevy.com 11-15-2020 11:22 AM

pedal wires are not twisted together.

rodstored-72 11-16-2020 01:01 AM

I have been able to confirm that the 6 pedal wires can just be connected together from each end.... meaning IE: the purple wire from the ECM can be directly connected (solder/connector) to the purple wire at the pedal end. I am not sure why the factory diagram show to be twisted? maybe the length or other wires that are typically ran in the same loom?? anyways I am going to use a 6 way connector & and connect the 6 color wires individually.

thanks!

87chevy.com 11-16-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 8836399)
I have been able to confirm that the 6 pedal wires can just be connected together from each end.... meaning IE: the purple wire from the ECM can be directly connected (solder/connector) to the purple wire at the pedal end. I am not sure why the factory diagram show to be twisted? maybe the length or other wires that are typically ran in the same loom?? anyways I am going to use a 6 way connector & and connect the 6 color wires individually.

thanks!

Nothing needed to be confirmed... diagram shows it to go from pedal strait to ecu... your making nothing complicated.

Again, Diagram does not show them to be twisted. Research diagrams more

It is showing options, such as engine type or transmission.

Clint