The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Zane's Ride (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560166)

Zane'sMom 04-13-2013 11:55 PM

Re: Zane's Ride

:flag:HUGE thanks to ddubbs and Porterbuilt Fabrication: together they are donating front and rear suspension for the project. You guys are AWESOME!!!:truck:

ddubbs 04-14-2013 03:03 PM

No problem!!! Glad to help!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Zane'sMom 04-18-2013 09:20 PM

I got an email from the auto body instructor today. The kids are working on reinforcing the truck bed to prep it for new wood. He is going to forward photos for me, so I will post pics when I get some.

Zane'sMom 04-30-2013 11:46 PM

We raised over $1200 at the Zane's Ride bake sale last week! How cool is that! This week, I am giving a pizza party to the kids working on the truck to thank them, so I will have pics to post.

chevy_man5 05-01-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane'sMom (Post 6044823)
We raised over $1200 at the Zane's Ride bake sale last week! How cool is that! This week, I am giving a pizza party to the kids working on the truck to thank them, so I will have pics to post.

That is awesome!!

Zane'sMom 05-25-2013 02:23 AM

Sorry I have not posted for a while!. I have pics from the bake sale and pizza party to post and will probably do that this weekend. My husband does the posting for me, and now he works 6 days a week. He is off Monday, so we will get it done! Also, an update story will be in our local paper soon, and I will post a link so you can see that also.

CRGRS 66 05-25-2013 10:31 AM

Hey Zanes Mom, my "guy" is working on the glove box badges, it is quite labour intensive for him as he has to draw it all into the program, and it is a gazillion straight lines to get the nice smooth curvy lines! Will get in touch for mailing information once he is done.

Zane'sMom 05-26-2013 03:31 PM

Here is the link to the updated article:http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_...a4bcf6878.html

chevy_man5 05-27-2013 10:10 AM

Very cool article Ellen!! :metal:

CRGRS 66 05-27-2013 12:24 PM

Very nice article, I am forwarding the link to my laser guy who is working on the glovebox badge.

CRGRS 66 06-12-2013 12:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Glove Box Badge is done, needs the edges smoothed, a couple of spots need some attention, PJ couldn't get the material out of the holes on the "s" and the "e", and will need to be carefully polished.

I can put this in the mail if you PM me the address, or if someone else following says, "hey, I can do the smoothing, tweeking, and polishing" I could send it to them. Material is stainless steel. That is a pic of PJ, thanks PJ!!!

aerotruk63 06-12-2013 04:04 PM

That looks great.

MARTYZ 06-12-2013 11:07 PM

Nice touch Craiger!!!

chevy_man5 06-12-2013 11:53 PM

That is awesome!! :metal::metal:

Zane'sMom 06-15-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 6120076)
Glove Box Badge is done, needs the edges smoothed, a couple of spots need some attention, PJ couldn't get the material out of the holes on the "s" and the "e", and will need to be carefully polished.

I can put this in the mail if you PM me the address, or if someone else following says, "hey, I can do the smoothing, tweeking, and polishing" I could send it to them. Material is stainless steel. That is a pic of PJ, thanks PJ!!!

That is perfect! I will PM my address. Please tell your 'guy' I would hug him (and you) if I was there!

aerotruk63 06-16-2013 11:21 AM

I'll be driving up from Miami on Monday, I'll stop in Cambridge Tuesday/ Wednesday to give him a hug for you. Maybe a fist pump, shake hands? Would you believe a pleasing smile! lol

Zane'sMom 07-06-2013 02:14 AM

Car Wash on July 21 at the school doing the work on the truck; plus a 'mini' bake sale, I think. I will get pics and post them!

Zane'sMom 08-11-2013 10:16 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! The carwash was a big success - over $600! School starts again on 8/22, so the project can get underway once again. Has the server upgrade been completed? Hope you have all been having a good Summer.

aerotruk63 08-12-2013 06:44 AM

Hope your summers been good as well. Looking forward to the next chapter in this build.

Zane'sMom 10-16-2013 12:36 PM

Hey, all! Sorry it has been so long since I posted; had to wait for the school year to get started again, and the new students to the program had to have shop safety and rules, etc. Restart of the project involves sandblasting and priming the frame, getting ready to clean and rebuild the engine/transmission, and prepare for brake system installation. I also received a donation from a Mining company for $1000! Next, I am going to talk to local businesses about windshield and upholstery, and I am going to have a chili feed in early November. I am going by the school today to see if I can talk to the teachers, and get any other info.

chevy_man5 10-16-2013 03:01 PM

Glad to hear that this is getting going again!!

McCoyAZ 10-16-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 6120076)

Did you ever get those badges cleaned up?

A jeweler could easily do that for you and if you can't find one let me know and I will gladly do it for you.

A.T. RockDriller 10-16-2013 11:40 PM

Well, Zanes Mom....
I just spotted this thread after being out of touch fer awhile..

I'm sure sorry we lost your boy....I can tell for sure, by your personality alone....He was a wonderful guy.....and we all would have benefitted from knowing him.

I have tons of hard to find parts, and would love to contribute in any way..
please "PM" me with anything that you are looking for....I would be pleased to help.

BTW...I grew up on a homestead in Kenny Lake.....I miss it like you wouldn't believe.
Even after 40 years.

Once a Sourdough....always a Sourdough..

chevy_man5 10-17-2013 09:15 AM

Sorry for the hijack Zane's Mom, but A.T. Rockdriller, your message box is full!

A.T. RockDriller 10-17-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_man5 (Post 6319391)
Sorry for the hijack Zane's Mom, but A.T. Rockdriller, your message box is full!

Thanks Jason.....I fixed it.