The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I think I discovered the fountain of Luck! I Just scored a new truck! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=464541)

blazerboy_4life 05-15-2011 01:46 PM

I think I discovered the fountain of Luck! I Just scored a new truck!

5 Attachment(s)
I GOT A NEW ONE!! Havin the short box is great but I still miss my longbox. I spend more time on craigslist than anyone ever should but this time it really paid off. Last october I decided I wanted a wall tent. After some searching I tracked one down in denver and the guy wanted $100 or something. When I called him and told him I was in town he said he wasnt at home but wasnt worried about it and told me I could just HAVE the tent cause it needed some work.
Fast forward to last week. This tent is just too damn big for me to do anything with by myself (16x33 canvas army tent). So I put it up on craigslist for sale or trade for old chevy parts or whatever. Takes no time at all and I get a guy from Wyoming calling me saying hes got a gauge cluster with factory tach and factory tilt column. I agree to a trade obviously! After a brief pause he then says "you know what, you can have the whole damn truck if you want it. I have the title and it runs." One week later, last night, I brought the truck home! Heres a pic of the FREE tent I traded and the New Truck!

Stats:
1970 Long Box
Factory tach
Factory tilt column
2 Wheel Drive with Posi (or so he said)
under box tool box
SBC 350 unmolested
th350
Came with bench and Blazer buckets with console.
Steel bed with plastic bedliner
Set up for goose neck or bumper pull.

wild4wheels 05-15-2011 02:12 PM

Re: I think I discovered the fountain of Luck! I Just scored a new truck!

You totally blow monkey chunks! Just kidding ..DUDE you totally ROCK! Nice score! You can never say that you have never won anything ok? Now go buy a lottery ticket!

blazerboy_4life 05-15-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild4wheels (Post 4681343)
You totally blow monkey chunks! Just kidding ..DUDE you totally ROCK! Nice score! You can never say that you have never won anything ok? Now go buy a lottery ticket!

Your response made me laugh quite loudly. The monkey chunks bit I mean. Im headed to drop of the car dolly now so I think I might just pick up a lotto ticket. I tell you what, since you gave me the idea to go pick up a lotto ticket, if I win the $97,000,000 jackpot you can have my latest orange c10! Haha Ill even deliver it.

no moa 05-15-2011 03:01 PM

Damn it, y cant I find a deal like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mister laugh 05-15-2011 04:21 PM

Thats a nice truck, the free just makes it that much better.

GOPAPA 05-15-2011 04:37 PM

Good for you blazer boy ,,hard to beat CL for good deals other than this forum ..Monkey Chunks made ,me laugh also.. are you thinking of trying another go at it and trade the truck up for something else you like on CL? LOL

Sillyoldman 05-15-2011 04:41 PM

:bann:FREE Truck with tach & Tool Box?

rsavage 05-15-2011 06:37 PM

Tilt, buckets, console, tach. Are you kidding me? Great deal. Congrats.

MusicMan70 05-15-2011 07:00 PM

What a Country we live...Awesome Bloke!

blazerboy_4life 05-15-2011 08:19 PM

Yeah im stoked!! I cant decide if I want to keep it or trade up for a 67-72 burb or a boat or something. I also thought about cleaning up the truck and the Bel Air I scored recently and maybe trading for some land down the road. Trouble is theres too many options I just have to make up my mind, settle on something and commit to it.

no moa 05-15-2011 08:48 PM

Fix it up, clean it up, sell it and buy what u want!
Posted via Mobile Device

oldblue1968chevy 05-15-2011 11:01 PM

deal!

70cst 05-16-2011 01:06 AM

I will agree as that was one sweet deal :metal:

VA72C10 05-16-2011 02:46 AM

Awesome deal!!!

propanemudtruck 05-16-2011 04:31 AM

I think it's time for me to start looking for an army tent on CL...;)

MARKDTN 05-16-2011 07:33 AM

Neat!

The brake pedal, is that original or later or what? Never seen a wide pedal on a 67-72.

RCbowtie69 05-16-2011 08:42 PM

Cool!!!!! nice truck,i think it's a keeper & good luck with the build :metal:

blazerboy_4life 05-18-2011 11:46 PM

So I think I decided what Im gonna do with the truck. A friend of mine is willing to split cost and work so were gonna do a quick "restore" on it and flip it. With the money we make from it were gonna pick up the other truck this guy has (1970 long box 4x4 4 speed 350 $500) and do the same to that. Which brings me to what I found today that I Really want. A 1969 Suburban 4x4 for $800. After all is said and done hopefully I will have made enough to get some work goin on the suburban. The burb isnt offically for sale but this guy IS willing to sell it. Thats the plan as I see it now but well see.

Side note: if anybody is looking for a 4x4 short box fleet side I found one in Montana. The guy is asking $1600 and it has a 350 with 700r4. Comes with an extra 700r4 and patch panels for any rust it has. I thought id throw that out there and share some of my recent luck in case anybody is looking for one.

o6r1man 05-19-2011 12:46 AM

Nice trade! Wish I was that lucky

blazerboy_4life 05-23-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o6r1man (Post 4688431)
Nice trade! Wish I was that lucky

I spend a lot of time every day looking for this Luck. Its practically a part time job. All the money I put into my build I make off of craigslist. Takes time but its Soooo worth it not having "The Boss" grumpy about finances and how much I spend on my baby. Haha:lol:

blazerboy_4life 04-11-2012 10:59 AM

Well I did it again! I bought a Go kart for $200 off of craigslist and its pretty sweet. Came with an extra motor. I decided I didnt need a spare motor just taking up valuable c10 parts storage space so I put it back on craigslist to trade for more C10 parts, naturally. It Worked! I just picked up a 68 longbox! Traded straight across. Ill post pics later. Its got no motor but im not worried about that. paint is about 5 years old and it looks like crappy house paint but the truck is STRAIGHT! Pics and updates later.

67cheby 04-11-2012 11:02 AM

WOW..great SCORE !! WINNING !!

hugger6933 04-11-2012 12:09 PM

You must be living right, eating your veggies and saying your prayers. Good job man It is great to see someone do well

black_sheep454 04-11-2012 12:18 PM

Awesome deal
Posted via Mobile Device