The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   My first LMC catalog arrived..... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=620561)

acemang 03-13-2014 10:45 PM

My first LMC catalog arrived.....

me likey! Great selection and prices in my opinion anyway.

71swb4x4 03-13-2014 10:49 PM

Re: My first LMC catalog arrived.....

In Washington you have MUCH better choices of vendors. Do a search for LMC on the review portion of this board.

Wes is in Olympia http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=92
http://classicheartbeat.com/

Frank is also in Olympia. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=1330
I think his is called Frank's Pick-M-Ups Truck Parts.

leddzepp 03-13-2014 10:53 PM

LMC has great reference pictures in their catalog. They are a big box company and their quality is hit and miss. Since you live in Washington I would buy from Classicheartbeat (Wes) as you will always get the best part available.

jocko 03-13-2014 11:06 PM

concur. As bad as it might sound to say so - use the LMC catalog to identify what you need and then see if the above vendors have it. There are certainly some things that it's just fine to use LMC for, however, choose wisely. If originality/quality "could" be an issue in your purchase, then I'd go somewhere else first. Don't get me wrong, I've probably put the LMC telephone operator's kid through college, I buy stuff from them often - just saying to shop around and if the same thing is available from LMC AND one of the other places listed above, I now usually go with the board vendors. I do recall how thrilled I was the first time I got an LMC catalog also - so we're not poo-pooing it, I use it all the time!

acemang 03-13-2014 11:13 PM

I will check out classic heart beat. Well, thats a bummer, I was hoping for all around good quality. I guess you get what you pay for. But .....they do put out a great catalog lol.

JointTech 03-14-2014 06:52 AM

yea the catalog rules. Their website is also also awesome. Some of their stuff is fine but its kind of the JC Whitney of our trucks.

RenoKeene 03-14-2014 08:38 AM

Its been my experience that LMC is hit and miss also. They do have some things that others don't seem to carry. As far as big ticket items go like body panels etc shop somewhere else. Their customer service is almost nonexistent.
They do have the best catalog....mostly good for reference.

engineer_gregh 03-14-2014 08:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
LMC is more honest than Brothers. Check out the latest huge sale at Brothers truck compared to everyday price at LMC. Prior to the sales both vendors were at the same price!

BugzC10 03-14-2014 09:03 AM

I've purchased a lot of parts from LMC, latest being fuel vapor lines...fit perfect. I have not had one issue with any of their parts. If you are a Military or Disabled Veteran call them up, they will provide a substantial discount.

Bears63 03-14-2014 10:56 AM

Not once have I ever gotten a single correct order from LMC. I quit even trying with them after over a dozen orders and every single one had wrong parts that had to be returned. As far as I'm concerned their catalog is just TP for the outhouse.

71swb4x4 03-14-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bears63 (Post 6574694)
Not once have I ever gotten a single correct order from LMC. I quit even trying with them after over a dozen orders and every single one had wrong parts that had to be returned. As far as I'm concerned their catalog is just TP for the outhouse.

I can't believe you hillbillies in South Dakota are still using outhouses!

sanford66 03-14-2014 09:42 PM

I have bought from LMC a few times, but I prefer Classic Parts, they seem to be cheaper than just about everyone else. I do agree that there catalog is great for reference though. I was at there showroom a couple of months ago and can honestly say I wasn't that impressed with the quality of some of the parts I saw on display. For instance there "show quality" bumpers seemed cheaply made. Looked like they were made out of thin cheap metal and the chrome job was less than impressive. That being said, I'm sure that most of the vendors out there get their parts from the same manufacturer. So its kind of a crap-shoot any way you go. Joseph

69Rumbler 03-14-2014 11:40 PM

Thy catalog was the only thing I ever ordered from LMC hahah

In The Ten Ring 03-15-2014 03:24 AM

The door handles and mirrors I got from them did not hold up in the chrome department. Pedal pads were fine. New trunnions for tailgate sucked. Taillights and backup lights were perfect.

I no longer order from them.

Grumpus Monkus 03-15-2014 04:11 AM

I am bummed. We just got a catalog as well and I was looking forward to start buying parts for our truck.

Russ.W. 03-15-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpus Monkus (Post 6576076)
I am bummed. We just got a catalog as well and I was looking forward to start buying parts for our truck.

Depends what you buy, and depends who you talk to.

If you're looking for a specific part for your truck and want to know of a repro parts quality, this forum is a bonanza. A quick search will sort you out. 96% or parts and problems have already been discussed, to death. Don't use the forum search though ... use the custom Google search at the top. Look at the top bar of the forum and you'll see a search field. Enter the part type you're after; click on the "67-72chevytrucks.com" button (not the "web" button); then the Google button. It'll do a Google search of this forum (much more thorough than a search using the standard forum feature).

I've made 3 LMC orders.

One was for body panels - complete cab floor, cab corners, fenders, inner fenders, radiator support, outer rockers. All yet to be fitted, but after I received them I did some measurements comparing to what's already on the truck, and everything appears to be spot on. Well made. Appropriate metal thickness. Zero complaints.

Order two was for a few smaller items (pitman arm, body mount kit, front end fastener kit etc). All OK, except for the pitman arm. It didn't feel as solid as the Moog offering. This is from holding it in my hands. No idea on performance once installed and driven. The Moog part just feels better in your hand. Moog no longer lists the correct pitman arm for my application. I later found through this forum what will work - but until then, the LMC repoduction was my only choice, which is why I bought it.

The 3rd order - Upper and lower control arms (plus bushings and hardware) - are still en route.

Search on this forum for the part you need. If there is a genuine problem with the part/fit, someone will have sensibly commented on it, and explained how/why it's isn't right.

LMC has some great parts. If this forum is any indication, they also have some less than stellar parts on offer.

Other vendors do have certain parts of better quality.

Some vendors have the same parts as LMC, and sell for more.

As mentioned, do a thorough search. A few hours, whilst might seem daunting or simply a waste of time, pales in comparison to hard earned cash spent on ill-fitting rubbish.

Best of luck.

Grumpus Monkus 03-15-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ.W. (Post 6576103)
Depends what you buy, and depends who you talk to.

If you're looking for a specific part for your truck and want to know of a repro parts quality, this forum is a bonanza. A quick search will sort you out. 96% or parts and problems have already been discussed, to death. Don't use the forum search though ... use the custom Google search at the top. Look at the top bar of the forum and you'll see a search field. Enter the part type you're after; click on the "67-72chevytrucks.com" button (not the "web" button); then the Google button. It'll do a Google search of this forum (much more thorough than a search using the standard forum feature).

Best of luck.

Thanks for the input. I am looking for a grill and headlight (dual) trim pieces those are the most immediate purchases I need / want to make. I'll check out the google search function like you mentioned.

Have a good one.

richards72chevy 03-15-2014 05:20 PM

I have purchased some parts from them.Every thing has been fine except for the hood to cowl seal that I purchased.I think if I was in need of suspension parts I would get it from Ece.

shopking72 03-15-2014 07:28 PM

I ordered my new inner and outer grill from LMC and it was very good quality...

Elliot949 03-15-2014 07:37 PM

Along with Wes at Classic heart beat is a company I buy alot from is Classic Parts of America... That are also in the Kansas City Area and pricing is better along with quality... Their Tech support and customer Service is better than LMC also... Also you get 10% off your first order and their free shipping starts at a lower total also...

wick07 03-16-2014 01:39 PM

Hey Russ W I can never find a entire floor pan when I look on there website, does anyone know where I can order a whole floor pan, I live in Vancouver Canada, is there someone closer? I guess olympia is 2 hours south,

Elliot949 03-16-2014 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Classic Parts of America sells them... I just had one put one in my 67

Russ.W. 03-16-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wick07 (Post 6578230)
Hey Russ W I can never find a entire floor pan when I look on there website, does anyone know where I can order a whole floor pan, I live in Vancouver Canada, is there someone closer? I guess olympia is 2 hours south,

Page 25 of the online catalog for 67-72 trucks.

Part # 38-7953-T.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/CB/full.aspx?page=25

veedubshafer 03-18-2014 12:34 PM

Every time I go to order from LMC the shipping price kills the deal. So I haven't been able to order from them yet. So far I've used Brothers once and Classic Parts several times. Classic has been great. I had a faulty LED dome light bulb and they sent another one right out. Brothers I got a '67 front parking lamp lens that was chipped when it arrived. Shipped another one right out no questions asked. Both vendors didn't require me to return the old parts either which makes it easier.

TJ's Chevy 04-12-2014 10:39 AM

I agree with the above post on "Shipping price kills the deal" I'm in Oregon so I try an order from The truck and car shop..never had any issues and the parts are good...prices about the same as everyone else and shipping is cheaper cause they are alot closer. A friend of mine on this forum said he ordered a new grill from LMC and none of the holes lined up....but..its typical repop far as I know. :chevy: