The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New Denali Seats - Help ID the old ones (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=812817)

C.I.Blazer 10-04-2020 12:41 PM

New Denali Seats - Help ID the old ones

3 Attachment(s)
Got a great deal on a set of 2011 Denali seats. Was able to get the middle row captain fold and tumble as well as the third row. While I would ultimately love a set of original seats, they are just not in my budget right now.

Can someone please help me ID the seats that came with my Blazer? Obviously the fronts are not original, I think they may be out of a later model Blazer. Do the seat mounting brackets look original? How about this rear seat? If any of this is original maybe I should hold onto it. If not, then I will just get rid of them.

Thanks for the help.

C.I.Blazer 10-04-2020 12:42 PM

Re: New Denali Seats - Help ID the old ones

3 Attachment(s)
Rear seat.

C.I.Blazer 10-04-2020 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what went in.

Thealien 10-04-2020 01:59 PM

Rear seat looks correct for our Blazers. Later ones had armrests that bent outwards but I am not positive.

Those fronts do look like later Blazer seats since I believe I see a flip forward passenger seat?

How did you mount those Denali seat? Look nice

truckster 10-04-2020 02:35 PM

The seats you took out look like 2nd gen Blazer seats, but they've been reworked.

I like the Denali seats.

C.I.Blazer 10-04-2020 06:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, I will hold onto the rear seat for potential use in the future.

Any thoughts on the front seat brackets? I wondered if they took the later model seats and welded them to the original seat brackets. Not sure if I should keep those or not.

Thanks for the compliments on the Denali seats. I was really excited to find them for such a deal. I shamelessly copied 290d1's approach in this thread (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=5224761). New to fabrication and welding so this was actually a really fun project. Really learned a lot.

mister.freeze 10-05-2020 10:07 AM

Those are square-nose Blazer seats with 1st gen bracket added (hence the plywood). Definitely. The rear is genuine, not sure which year tho.

1rippen6 10-05-2020 12:10 PM

Looks like a 71 rear seat with the 4 legs in the back. Looks like they chopped up the first gen passenger brackets to lower the seat. Can't really tell but the drivers side looks the same. I would be interested in front seats and brackets if you decide to sell. PM if you decide to sell.

Moreyel 10-06-2020 09:24 AM

Getting my bodywork finished and closer to paint.
I wouldn't mind re-covering my stock seats.
Does anyone know a way to make the driver side fold forward?
Those Denali seats do look good though.

bcfishon 10-06-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.I.Blazer (Post 8817860)
OK, I will hold onto the rear seat for potential use in the future.

Any thoughts on the front seat brackets? I wondered if they took the later model seats and welded them to the original seat brackets. Not sure if I should keep those or not.

Thanks for the compliments on the Denali seats. I was really excited to find them for such a deal. I shamelessly copied 290d1's approach in this thread (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=5224761). New to fabrication and welding so this was actually a really fun project. Really learned a lot.

Those seats fit nice,did they come with head rests? They look great without a headrest..

C.I.Blazer 10-07-2020 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1rippen6 (Post 8818228)
Looks like a 71 rear seat with the 4 legs in the back. Looks like they chopped up the first gen passenger brackets to lower the seat. Can't really tell but the drivers side looks the same. I would be interested in front seats and brackets if you decide to sell. PM if you decide to sell.

I am going to hold onto the rear bench and the seat brackets for now. I may still do some original seats in the future if possible. Not sure if the front seats without the brackets are worth anything, but I am definitely getting rid of those.

bc, yes they did come with headrests. I definitely like the look better without them, but appreciate the safety factor of having them. Top is going back on soon so I can start some rust repair and I think I will put them back on when the top goes on.