The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Whats Your Truck Theme (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=724456)

70cst 12-09-2016 11:34 PM

Whats Your Truck Theme

3 Attachment(s)
Do you have a truck theme for your truck.

Mine will have Feed sacks plus miscellaneous items that date back to the 60's-70's.

Ironangel 12-10-2016 12:50 AM

Re: Whats Your Truck Theme

Mines the 72 COPO SS C/10 Chevelle tribute...The truck GM shoulda, coulda, but didn't so I did. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

70cst 12-10-2016 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironangel (Post 7791983)
Mines the 72 COPO SS C/10 Chevelle tribute...The truck GM shoulda, coulda, but didn't so I did. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Nice truck :metal:

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 12-10-2016 01:41 AM

Yeah, they're per my signature.

GR8-68 12-10-2016 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My truck theme is U.S. Army :mm: It comes from my service in the Army plus green is my favorite color :chevy: Very similar to this other than mine is a fleetside and I will be running different wheels.

flashed 12-10-2016 09:44 AM

Apparently my 72 is swap meet style as it is still loaded with swap meet items since spring .

my56chevytruck 12-10-2016 11:04 AM

I would like to be able to transfer the art work in one of those sacks to the doors of my truck. My theme is flat grey with 454 power. haha.

special-K 12-10-2016 11:25 AM

My '67 GMC SWB is a late '60s/early '70s hot truck vibe. Only things you would have seen in that era done or used. I always liked doing era-correct. There are many ways to go and many eras since back then. Ultimately, I'd like the theme to go even farther along the same line to hot truck owned by wrench at a Pontiac/GMC dealership. My M22, it turns out, is a '65 Pontiac A Body. I already have a 327 built for it but this theme would be, since up till late '67 GMC didn't offer a V8, this wrench dropped a 389 in with the M22. Before the V6s GMC ran Pontiac V8s. I have a Pontiac steering wheel and there's a 389 I can have, with bellhousing, if I decide to. I love the idea but it's just something to make it take longer and cost more money. The theme lately has been "Yard Ornament".

My '72's theme is in limbo. It's just the old truck a guy keeps using theme. I might go pride & joy work truck, classic 4wd camper hauler, or rugged Fenderside 4wd.

B. W. 12-10-2016 11:50 AM

My theme is "Less" as in "Less is More!" I wrench for a living & while these new vehicles are nice & run many maintenance free miles, they drive me nuts! Everything is packed in & not designed for ease of service and, I feel, many items are frivolous. I want crank windows, rubber floor mats, manual trans & AM radio (only place to find real country music anyway) might even do a radio delete. I am giving in an certain things: truck will have A/C & it will will have a seat heater! (been around 0° all week) & I'll break down one day and add fuel injection. Sure is nice to hit the switch in the AM & go inside for a cup of coffee.

LongBox 12-10-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. W. (Post 7792244)
My theme is "Less" as in "Less is More!" I wrench for a living & while these new vehicles are nice & run many maintenance free miles, they drive me nuts! Everything is packed in & not designed for ease of service and, I feel, many items are frivolous. I want crank windows, rubber floor mats, manual trans & AM radio (only place to find real country music anyway) might even do a radio delete. I am giving in an certain things: truck will have A/C & it will will have a seat heater! (been around 0° all week) & I'll break down one day and add fuel injection. Sure is nice to hit the switch in the AM & go inside for a cup of coffee.

Right on! I love the empty space in the engine bay (I don't have power brakes or steering), and I can climb right in, sit on the fender, and work on the bloody thing.

I wouldn't even try to work on my 98 Silverado, which is in the shop right now for the notorious fuel pump issue (like $1400 Canadian). Can buy a lot of gas for that money.

The rubber mats, crank windows, tin door panels make the theme "Make Trucks Simple Again"

CG 12-10-2016 12:32 PM

My theme is no theme.

71threequarterton 12-10-2016 12:45 PM

I'm going to have to say "Simple Freedom".

It's a simple design, simple to use and relatively simple to work on(for me, since I'm mostly a novice at working on autos).

It represents freedom - it was made to go hauling, camping, cruisin' - I'm free to do whatever I want with it and free from smog checks!(I live in CA)

:chevy:

Ekliptix 12-10-2016 12:46 PM

My theme is original looking (orange big block, OEM air cleaner, factory paint color), with more power, better handling, and putting lots of miles on it. Adding EFI over the winter to add some reliability/stop messing with the carb.
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51...Nzc2Mw%3D%3D.2

mrtoni 12-10-2016 12:51 PM

My 72 blazer will be bicentennial tribute don't call it disco. Eagle decal package, plaid seats, any bolt on 70's aftermarket item I can find. Maybe 70's tribute is more what I mean

TwoFiftyShifter 12-10-2016 02:17 PM

I've got a bit of a hot rod theme. Satin paint, big-n-little tires, tach mounted on the dash and soon a nice Hurst floor shifter. No power brakes or steering. No radio even. Unless headers count. I have a couple stickers on.my glovebox too that add to it.

brad_man_72 12-10-2016 06:28 PM

My trucks theme is along the same lines as the ss chevelle tribute. I have smoothed some things out and added a fair bit of era correct gm car parts. Door handles, mirrors, chevrolet script emblems. Shaved drip rail. To add houndstooth insert seat covers. And some grey tt2s like the yenko cars had that would match my boat trailer wheels. Maybe some red line tires.

Canuckvetter 12-10-2016 07:21 PM

My theme is circa 1967.

Started collecting parts for a period correct Corvette/Nova L79 COPO

cherokeejohn 12-10-2016 09:20 PM

I cant really put any one theme to my truck. It changes constantly. One day it's a Landscaping/Firewood truck, to a Parts runner/Shop truck. A Camping/Hunting/Fishing/Outdoors-man's truck, to a Muscle truck/Sleeper. A Classic Restoration/Resto-Mod truck. It cant make up its mind, nor can I, I just love it too much. It does all the things I like to do, and is style!. It's latest/longest theme though has been "Like A Rock!", as in sitting in my parking spot in desperate need of a transmission, lol Not for long though, back to daily driver again real soon

Mollzyie 12-10-2016 10:45 PM

Gasoline

scooterpimp 12-10-2016 11:31 PM

My 71 will be the poster child for promotion of tetnus shots...lol.

70cst 12-10-2016 11:46 PM

Good replies ... I guess my truck theme would be the "Farm" theme. That's why I am going to have filled Burlap sacks, an old ice cooler and thermos along with an early picnic basket. This is what one might find in the back in the bed of the truck if one was using it on a farm.

el_fantasma 12-11-2016 02:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekliptix (Post 7792296)
My theme is original looking (orange big block, OEM air cleaner, factory paint color), with more power, better handling, and putting lots of miles on it.

I agree, originality + safety + convenience. For example, I'm replacing the original seat belts with 3 point ones. I hate to do that but I'm told it's one of the best things to do to improve the safety of our trucks.

James the III 12-11-2016 08:14 AM

1971 Winston Nascar truck series ..

hamjet 12-11-2016 08:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My theme, I'm not sure. but I'd like to think it's a combo of poor mans old school, and a little bit of an odd ball (different) look to it than to follow the normal approach. I'm not done with some other ideas in my head but was delayed this year because of moving, but can't wait to start on it again in the spring. I'll just have to see where it takes me...

Boog 12-11-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James the III (Post 7792927)
1971 Winston Nascar truck series ..

You have my full attention. ;)