The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Look what our friend just emailed me (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=79200)

Hooter 12-02-2003 02:37 AM

Look what our friend just emailed me

as you know this will lbe handled by e bay and negative feedback will be left and all fees acured buy seller will reinbursed by you according to e bay rules this is not the board this is e bay so bidding and not paying will result in loss of your privilages to bid your bid is your contract so tell the board members that .also i will persue this just to make a point ,dont bid if you cant buy and thats funny i still sell to everyone on the board remember you put up a credit card or gave your permission to remove funds from your bank accont when you signed up for e bay amd i will get my fees rembursed have a very nice day

Cat Fuzz 12-02-2003 02:39 AM

Dude needs to be taught the basic concepts of grammar, punctuation and spelling. :lol:

jorgensensc 12-02-2003 02:39 AM

Get A Rope!!!

Hooter 12-02-2003 02:40 AM

what the hell am I gonna do now?

Cat Fuzz 12-02-2003 02:42 AM

I don't know much about Ebay, but he just looks like he's trying to scare you into buying the parts anyway.

EDIT: Just looked at Ebay rules and it doesn't look like you have a valid reason for retracting your bid.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-retract.html

krazy_texan 12-02-2003 02:46 AM

i say try and contact ebay asap and find out if what all he said is true and if you can get out ahead
plus how does he know you are a board member or did you say something to him

Alexis 12-02-2003 02:46 AM

whata little *****. its called karma dude, one day that man will fall and fall hard. the credit card is for idetification and for ebay to take out payment for fees you owe to them. i don't think they can do that towards other members on ebay....might wanna read the fine print about that.

Castiron9 12-02-2003 02:48 AM

So what if he leaves negative feedback you also can leave neg ative feedback about him so it is a two way street........And you can always just sign up under another user name..but do not let him scare you into buying something that you will not be happy with..besides we are not talking big money here.........He already has quiet a few bad marks..............

junkyardjohn 12-02-2003 02:50 AM

:bowtie:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. THE WORST THING HE CABN DO IS LEAVE YOU NEGATIVE FEEBACK (YOU CAN DO THE SAME FOR HIM) & TURN YOU IN TO EBAY AS A NON-PAYING BIDDER. EBAY WON'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU'RE FIRST OFFENSE. THERES NO WAY AT ALL THAT HE CAN FORCE YOU TO PAY. THATS :bs: PLAIN & SIMPLE. JOHN

Hooter 12-02-2003 02:54 AM

Thanks I feel better now, I have emailed ebay with my concerns, and I will see where this is going to go

krazy_texan 12-02-2003 02:55 AM

tell him to go stick his thumb up his ars and tell him that all of us from this board said so
that is if that is allright with the rest of the board which i am pretty surt that it is.

Hooter 12-02-2003 02:59 AM

he cant do anything to me because 1. I dont have a credit card, and 2. I never put my bank account on there

Castiron9 12-02-2003 03:01 AM

One more thing I agree with John that there is nothing he can do but leave negative feedback for you ,,so what.I read his Negative feedback..and it was funny where in one of his responses where he is defending himself he says something like look at my 249 positive feedbacks but neglects to mention all the NEGATIVES he has...I would not loose any sleep over it...

Castiron9 12-02-2003 03:03 AM

P.S........................One More Thing..I Can't Help Myself.......CRAZY_TEXAN...................NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Avatar:D :D :D :D

Hooter 12-02-2003 03:10 AM

ya unfortunetley my beer does that to fat chicks usually :barf:

Castiron9 12-02-2003 03:14 AM

HOW CAN I GET SOME OF YOUR BEER........:D :D

dtlilly 12-02-2003 03:20 AM

That seller is so bogus :mad:

Hooter 12-02-2003 03:21 AM

he did leave my negative feed back but out of my 22 feedback i have 1 bad one so it doesnt bother me at all

dtlilly 12-02-2003 03:28 AM

Dang, he didn't waste any time :confused:

Cat Fuzz 12-02-2003 03:33 AM

Oh well, at least your not stuck with potentially crappy chromed hood hinges.

Hooter 12-02-2003 03:34 AM

and neither did I, i have already filed a formal complaint to ebay to have it removed!

bigblock73 12-02-2003 09:02 AM

I have never purchased from this guy, so I can't really say much about their parts. On the other hand, as an e-bay seller, what you did was kind of crappy. They had to pay to list their auction, pay extra for the buy it now feature, and now they have to pay a fee since the item sold...all because you decided after "buying it now" ou no longer wanted the part. He has every right to give you negative feedback, and since YOU never purchased a part, you really shouldn't be leaving negative feedback for him. I undestand his parts may be junk based on other members stories and experiences...but as the old saying goes.."buyer beware". Either way, good luck with this, hope you aren't pissed for me trying to get you to see both sides of the coin.

bpmcgee 12-02-2003 10:45 AM

Hooter,

I can tell you categorically that eBay has NO license to automatically debit a credit card or a bank account. Those two pieces of information are only used to verify who you are.

I have in the past owed eBay money for fees for selling items. All they can do is to suspend your account pending payment.

Sorry to hear the transaction went bad on you so quickly. I guess it proves that, even chrome plated, dung is still dung.

Definitely leave him negative feedback! As a seller, it's MUCH more important to him than it is to you.

And did I miss something? Last thing I read, you'd decided to buy the hinges anyway!

Brian

spencra 12-02-2003 11:31 AM

What the heck happened? Whats the story? Try to sell you junk parts in new condition.

Gotta love ebay. Anybody creative enough with no trace of decency can flub-up a picture. As you can see there are alot of people on this board that are pretty creative with the computer.:)

:bs:

Baradium 12-02-2003 12:00 PM

keep us updated,can we keep this all in one thread too so those of us interested know how to keep track?