The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Experience using LMC Truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=134123)

Dragonslayer 01-03-2005 12:51 PM

Experience using LMC Truck - Thanks Everyone

Has anyone purchased from LMC Truck? Are they quality? Cost vs. others?

I have a catalog that someone gave to me. It looks pretty complete but would like to know if anyone has bought parts from them.

Thanks.

redz 1970 K5 01-03-2005 01:58 PM

Their catalog is a GREAT reference first and foremost- keep that around. I have purchased several small dollar items from them and have been happy.

The only thing I have heard is to stay away from their sheet metal...

NuBomb 01-03-2005 02:16 PM

Same situation here as Redz. I'll buy some small stuff from them to keep the catalogs coming, but I buy most from vendors on this board. If you order something from them don't expect to talk to someone who knows about trucks. You will simply give the operator the part number. I bought an accelerator cable and heater box gaskets and the quality was fine.

teamharvey 01-03-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redz 1970 K5
Their catalog is a GREAT reference first and foremost- keep that around.

Exactly......but you can find just about everything you need with the same quality at a CHEAPER price from vendors right here on this board.

Bret

CHEVYE 01-03-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redz 1970 K5
The only thing I have heard is to stay away from their sheet metal...

as far as their sheet metal, it is exactly the same as any other brand "tri-plus". i have a fender from lmc, and one from goodmark in my basement and they are in the same boxes marked tri-plus. i would definetally buy from a board vendor though since it supports this board and the price is probably a better deal. i got the goodmark/lmc parts from other people, i wouldn`t pay their prices.

LUV2XCLR8 01-03-2005 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHEVYE
I would definetally buy from a board vendor though since it supports this board and the price is probably a better deal.

A-MEN, AND MOST BOARD VENDORS GIVE SLIGHT DISCOUNTS 2 BOARD MEMBERS ;)

Huck 01-03-2005 08:32 PM

Board Venders 1st---as they have the same or better quality and their support to us is much more valuable. LMC Catalog is one of the best. Their quality is hit and miss. I got Vent window rubber that dry rotted and cracked with 2 years---and haven't got around to installing it----wouldn't now!!

Dragonslayer 01-03-2005 10:12 PM

Thanks everyone for your help.

special-K 01-05-2005 12:57 PM

I bought a steering wheel.It cost $25.00 to ship because they go by dollar value,not size or weight.Made the wheel waaay expensive.

Bluegoose972 01-06-2005 12:35 PM

Great reference catalog. I have purchased quite a bit from them, simply because I found their catalog so useful that I felt I should buy from them. But their customer service is non-existent. When you call in, you can't ask questions or get tech help....pretty much just phone operators that take your orders.

I've been pretty happy with the stuff I purchased from Brothers. Comparing quality, I've had better luck with them on many things that LMC.

Rick