The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   picture of my truck, before I started cutting and taking apart.....etc.. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=15420)

flyin99 06-12-2002 10:55 PM

picture of my truck, before I started cutting and taking apart.....etc..

1 Attachment(s)
big change from that, to where I am now, but I have always wanted a Pro Street truck, so I'm going for it....:)

Super Chevy 06-12-2002 11:56 PM

wow,i wish mine would look like that when im done

hope your plans go good :bowtie: :flag: :bowtie:

Pont 06-12-2002 11:58 PM

I agree, WOW! Wish I had something that clean to start with! Excellent progress pics so far, It will be a first class, top notch, second to none ride when your done!

REPO1 06-13-2002 12:00 AM

Hey, that 4 link system you emailed me pics of looks great. Did you buy a kit or did you just by the required parts and build it yourself? It looks like it was a very strait forward installation.

68SWB4x4 06-13-2002 02:50 AM

:eek: thats clean!

Huck 06-13-2002 07:29 AM

DON'T YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN SOMEONE'S "BEFORE' PICTURE LOOK TONS BETTER THEY YOUR AFTER PICTURE---AND YOU'RE CUTTIN ON THIS BEAUTY--------????
Let me know when you find another truck you feel like needs cutting up and I'll help you get rid of it~~~~~Huck :(

flyin99 06-13-2002 07:53 AM

REPO1...........this was a kit from Art Morrison.....all I did was put it together, other than welding in the crossmember and stuff.................HUCK..........I realize some people don't like to cut on these trucks and I really understand that, but I really wanted to tub this one......I am using stock tubs and welding 2 together, to make it look more stock in the bed...........I haven't cut on the frame any, so if it had to be, it could be put back stock..........as for this looking better than most "after pix".............hmmmmm....don't get me wrong, it looked good from a distance, but the rust was starting to take over on the bottom of the doors and fenders and bed floor.......it was just still in the bubble stage, where the paint hadn't busted yet.........I really hope it doesn't offend anybody that I chose to cut my bed floor.....that wasn't my intentions at all.......

Low69CST 06-13-2002 08:56 AM

So thats who's truck that is. I used that pic for my website for the longest time. Its the closest pic I found showing what I was wanting to build with my truck. I understand about the cutting up an original truck. I started out with a real solid truck and the only original parts on mine is the cab, doors, steering column frame and 1 trailing arm. EVERYTHING else has been changed.

If you've got some pics of that work you've done i'd like to see it

1970 CST Short Wide 06-13-2002 09:29 AM

:bowtie: It is nice to start with something soild, it's your truck and you should build it for you, Go for it. Keep us posted with pic's of your progress:bowtie:

MikeB 06-14-2002 04:46 PM

Your truck is too pretty to convert to ProStreet! Leave it alone and go find a beater to modify. By the way, nice neighborhood.