The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Save It or Part It? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=189012)

70GMCer 02-11-2006 08:08 AM

Save It or Part It?

5 Attachment(s)
I got this from an estate and am wondering weather to part this out, or fix it up. It is a 6.2L diesel burb. It is missing the engine and trans. Everything else is present. This is an optioned out burb with minimal rust. Would it be worth saving this or help others by parting it out?

70GMCer 02-11-2006 08:10 AM

Re: Save It or Part It?

3 Attachment(s)
more

Southedisto 02-11-2006 09:46 AM

Part it, let me know if you do. I need the steering wheel.

Old Dave 02-11-2006 10:43 AM

If you're in need of a vehicle I would keep it and fix it. You could probably find a 350 and a 700R4 for not too much and would have a great vehicle to drive for several years. I sold my 86 Suburban and I wished it would have had the rear AC like yours does.

1969owner 02-11-2006 11:42 AM

part it. look at how many hundreds of bucks you have there

70GMCer 02-11-2006 11:44 AM

thing is, is there more of an interest in this for parts, or to fix up?

Already Gone 02-11-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southedisto
Part it, let me know if you do. I need the steering wheel.

I have a steering wheel from an 87 Burb that is exactly like the one in the pics. If 70 GMCer doesnt part the Burb let me know.

Already Gone 02-11-2006 01:29 PM

Good Question?

I'm into Burbs and have bought and sold a few in the last couple of years.. Now I live in Western Canada and 70 GMCer is in Maryland which are worlds apart. Burbs here ( especially the older ones) are a real hard sell. Some Burb parts are unique just to Burbs.. A guy wanted to buy my Silverado blue door panels and was hot to get them until he realized the power window switch cluster is for four windows and he wanted them for a half ton so he only needed a double switch pod.. Looking at your Burb I see it has a bench seat. If it had buckets you could probably get 200.00 for a decent set of buckets and console but I doubt if anyone would want the buckets. The rallye wheels trim rings are again worth $200.00 This is a hard choice for you to make.

I just bought a 90 Burb and am going to part it out. I do not need the motor and trans but the shipping from me to you would be cost prohibitive. If you need a Burb then my advice is to put a motor and trans in this one, cause they run forever.

special-K 02-12-2006 12:08 AM

A plus is,the title says diesel.So,for the time being it`s emmissions exempt.If you do part it,I`d like some diesel related parts that may be still on it.I`d like the 6.2 emblems,too.All four:hood ornament,front fenders,and tailgate.If you decide to get it going,I have an`86 Suburban 3/4t that has a diesel I bought for parts.It has a TH400 you could have for cheap.

72freak 02-12-2006 02:59 AM

Special K is correct!!!!!! Being in an area that has emmissions testing (a joke) for someone looking to build a Suburban you have a great starting point!!!! The problem is, the cost to put an engine and tranny set up in it is about what you could sell it for. I bought a great running northern rust bucket 1990 Suburban on Ebay a year ago for $400 and used the complete running gear in my 1972 Suburban. If you could find a deal like that and had the time to swap it...you would have an emmissions free vehicle that would last a lifetime. If you decided to try to sell it the way it is.....advertise it as an emmissions free vehicle!!

70GMCer 02-12-2006 08:56 AM

That was the plan my friend was going to do, but passed away, and I got the truck now. I'm more than likely going to part this out. I was thinking on using the front suspension on my 70 1/2T, and maybe using the rear end. Has 5 lugs and my 70 has 6 lugs. It's still over at my late friends house, and have to wait until the grown gets hard to pull it up to the driveway. Then tow it over to my house, about 3 miles. Now that the "BIG" snow has hit here, going to be a while getting it home........

special-K, I'll try to get some pictures of those emblems if you want. I'm not sure what condition they are in.

Southedisto, go ahead and get that wheel from Already Gone. I would need it to more this beast.......

special-K 02-12-2006 04:10 PM

Sorry to hear you lost a friend.

70GMCer 02-19-2006 10:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I've decided I'm going to part this out. Most of the big stuff will have to be picked up, no shipping. I have to wait until I get this over to my house to start parting. That might not be until a few weeks. Have to wait for the weather to get better.

special-K, here's the emblems. I forgot to take a closeup of the hood emblem. The right side emblem is missing the diesel tag. If it ever had one.

special-K 02-23-2006 08:51 AM

I`ll take them.I have a parts Suburban that didn`t have the left fender when I bought it.It does have the right,with the diesel embem!That`s funny,guess I won`t have an odd one afterall.Is the seat saved under that cover,or is it covered because the seat is messed up?If you`re not using it and it`s not torn,let me know.

70GMCer 02-23-2006 05:34 PM

I'm hoping to get the rig over to my house this weekend, (Sat.). I'll look over the truck and seat and let you know. I will hold the emblems and let you know how much. Let me get the emblems off and take a better look at them also. I don't know why the right fender emblem is missing the diesel emblem, the left fender is there.

special-K 02-24-2006 12:50 AM

I`m not sure,but I don`t think the small fender ones have studs/nuts,just stickum.

70GMCer 02-25-2006 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more.........

UGLYTRUK 03-27-2006 07:21 AM

Try again... I wonder if you'd palletize some fenders and doors? A friend runs a trucking Co. Maybe they'd pu a load for me??? Thx, Andrew in far NE NY...

speesh 03-27-2006 11:13 PM

I need some windows but I don't know how you could ship them.... any ideas? I need all the passenger side windows from front to rear, I guess the sandstorms around here only hit on one side!:crazy:

screwballl 03-29-2006 12:46 AM

sierra classic? isnt that from the trucks? maybe the fenders were changed out at some time??? i may be wrong though...

86 GMG 03-29-2006 02:04 PM

how is that dash pad would really like to have it and also the [plastic trim that covers that front pillar between the doors and the windshield

edit please send an answer through P.M. for i dont look at the burb board as musc as the truck area 73-87 thanks gmg

jmuck 04-04-2006 05:59 PM

Part It Out. You Can Sink Money Into It Or It Can Make You Money. If You Decide To Part It I Would Like To Buy The Entire Tailgate With The Electric Back Window. I Only Need The Regulator And Motor Not The Actual Glass.